Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making Christmas Merrier X

Sir Hugsalot

buffy-making-xmas.png

Art by the one and only @Planeswalker Silky

poniverse_logo.pngICE.png

It's this time of the year again, everyone! :eager:

I am happy to announce, that we are launching Making Christmas Merrier X! We did it 10 times. I am honestly amazed, speechless and very grateful to each and every one of you that made our tradition continue for so long and still keeps it alive. 

This year we start late, courtesy of some technical issues that were encountered in the background, but I am always prepared for the unexpected. Because of that, this year's Making Christmas Merrier will have two differences from how it's normally done!

1. The event will last until 31.01.2024

2. This year donations will go to Kelly Mental Health Resource Centre - part of BCC Hospital, that focuses on helping these children, who require emotional support and help!

Now, let's actually get into details about what's about to happen, shall we? :fluttershy:

As (almost) every year, we are going to spread the magic of friendship and love by gathering funds for The British Columbia Children's Hospital. Poniverse and, by extension, MLPForums already has long history of supporting it and it is a great honor to do it once more for year 2023.

The money this year will go towards aspect of human health that often gets overlooked - mental health. This forum has long history of being there for people, who struggled. Who had to face depression, sadness or simply loneliness. This community was amazing support to them, either by being an amazing company or by covering the sadness with pink, fluffy clouds of happiness and joy! Now we have a chance to extend that to wonderful children at BCC Hospital, so that they also can see the Sun on the horizon :squee:

Meet the children from BCC Hospital! These are the young people, who will receive that much more help thanks to your generosity

This year we will set a humble goal of $1500, but worry not, if you get past it we will be ready! <3 

But of course Making Christmas Merrier wouldn't be what it is without rewards for you! What do we have in store for you this year? Plenty! Lots of all-time classics will make a return, but few new ideas were delivered as well and I will have fingers crossed that you unlock them! (even though I bet I will regret it :lie:)

Now a personal note from me: this is my first time running Making Christmas Merrier. I won't exaggerate, when I say I am deeply honored to be chosen for that. It meant a lot of background work needing to be done, but when I get to do something for a community as important to me as this one any work is worth it. I hope each of you will enjoy participating in Making Christmas Merrier along with us :D

How to donate? Simple!

• You can donate directly through mlpforums.com by using the donation page. From there you can do donation either through PayPal or by using your credit card (we only accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards!)
  • Additionally you can use BC Children's Hospital donation page! The page is availible here

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you use this donation page be sure to enter your mlpforums.com username. Reference screenshot in the spoiler below

Spoiler

sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-4221872.sig-

Donations for charity fundraising are separate from mlpforums upkeep donations. That means that all the money you donate goes straight to BCC Hospital! With that being said, however, PayPal is charging us a small processing fee for all transactions that go through it and all donations in USD are also subject to bank's exchange rates when they get converted into CAD.

Now... this is where the fun begins! Stretch goals!

Below are listed all the stretch goals planned for this year (worry not, if you go beyond our goal, we have more prepared <3). For now they remain secret, one that's going to be revealed once certain amount of money is donated to the charity. Both the fundraising page of BCC Hospital and donation page on our forums apply!

Without further ado - here are goals for year 2023!

$50 goal

vVYM0kK.png

$100 goal

post-36804-0-57738500-1479996428_thumb.png

$250 goal

250.png

$500 goal

post-36804-0-75950700-1479996430_thumb.png

$750 goal

post-36804-0-99863500-1479996438_thumb.png

$1000 goal

post-36804-0-31245600-1479996431_thumb.png

$1250 goal

ban.png

$1500 goal

post-36804-0-13985500-1479996429_thumb.png

• Brohoof 6
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 12

Important update! Our MCM fundraising page is up! Those, who wish to use it are free to do that now! 

https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPages/main.cfm?Event=ICE&Member=93134

Please use your username when donating, so that staff may become aware of it and badge can be distributed to you! Should you not receive a badge, feel free to contact any member of Poniverse staff!

On 2023-12-20 at 9:07 PM, Merry Brony 42 said:

@Hugs SilkALot Is there a badge for donating this year?

Yes, there will be a badge for donating after Making Christmas Merrier is over:kindness:

• 2 weeks later...

Everypony, you did it.

Today we have reached our final goal for Making Christmas Merrier X, which is 1500 USD! :pinkie:

It means we have plenty of goodies that need to be unlocked, our events team will need time to get through them all, but we are delivering all the rewards, so stay tuned for that <3 

Some of you may wonder if fundraising is over now :fluttershy: Well, no. It is not! We keep the fundraising open until 31st January and will likely sneak in some secret unlocks as the counter goes up ;)

For now, from the bottom of my heart, thank you! You're an amazing community and once again have proven to be a true wonder on the Internet <3 

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Excited 3

I agree with Samurai and Fluttershy does too <3

This community is awesome and this MCM has been a wonderful, delightful event. What a wonderful experience.

• Brohoof 1