Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spreading Smiles and Laughter

Pinkie Pie

the other day i was a little upset as a joke and my friends told me to take a deep breath in and then out. instead of brrathing our, i went into a fit of coughing and everyone at my table started laughing! :3

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 2

Making people smile and laugh, huh? I did recent make a lot of Forums and Avenue staffers laugh at my funny little Poniverse commercials. Now I gotta make one for Pony.fm. :muffins:

• Brohoof 3
  • Excited 2

Interesting idea @Pinkie Pie!

Well, this month has been a whole lot of ups and downs! Some sad days, and some funny days, but I've always been one to try and make people smile even in the worst of times.
I was recently brought in to model for a photoshoot and boy what a rough day that was! It poured down with rain, so we couldn't take any outdoor shots, the coffee machine had broken and the nearest one was down the street in the pouring rain, and some of us had become quite saddened by it all. :worry:

Some were talking about leaving or cancelling the shoot! I didn't want it to cancel, so I thought I'd try and get everyone's spirits back up, I mentioned how we still had some costume pieces, and with a little convincing, the director agreed to try it out. Some of us put on staff uniforms, others wore these really bright orange jumpers, and we took loads of photos of us pretending to be staff members serving drinks, showing people where to go on the map, posing in front of signs and even playing pool/ping pong in the rec-room! :yay:

We got a lot of good shots, I was asked to come back, and I was actually asked if we could all take selfies together! :blush: Now I have some photos I'll cherish forever of all the smiling faces of the people I met.

It's not much, but I like to think I helped make it a fun day and helped raise everyone's spirits! :Pip-giggle:

• smile 1
  • Hugs 3

On 2024-04-20 at 1:57 PM, Rethajni said:

I try to make GIFs to my friends to make them smile! 

Ooooh~! :ooh:

Are these GIF's like jokes too?

I know whenever I throw a party for somepony, I always love seeing the smiles upon their faces! ^_^ 

On 2024-04-20 at 4:00 PM, ponkapo said:

the other day i was a little upset as a joke and my friends told me to take a deep breath in and then out. instead of brrathing our, i went into a fit of coughing and everyone at my table started laughing! :3

It sounds like you gave your friends many great laughs and smiles! :fluttershy:

I remember this one time when I tried to take care of the cake twins. When I sang them a song to get them to smile, I accidentally had flour poured upon me. Not the kind of laugher I was expecting, but it was great to hear them laugh and smile! :) 

On 2024-04-20 at 6:47 PM, Comp said:

Making people smile and laugh, huh? I did recent make a lot of Forums and Avenue staffer laugh at my funny little Poniverse commercials. Now I gotta make one for Pony.fm. :muffins:

that's right! Can't forget the final addition of having fun, as well. That, and maybe party cannons, but I never go anywhere without my party cannon. Well, that and my teeny tiny party cannons. :mlp_wink:

It sounds like you put on quite the performance to make you friends laugh! Just like when putting on a fun party! :yay:

13 hours ago, Sunny_Skyes said:

I made my best friend laugh today, does that count?

It most certainly does! :D 

Laugher can sometimes be the best kind of medicine! :) 

7 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Interesting idea @Pinkie Pie!

Well, this month has been a whole lot of ups and downs! Some sad days, and some funny days, but I've always been one to try and make people smile even in the worst of times.
I was recently brought in to model for a photoshoot and boy what a rough day that was! It poured down with rain, so we couldn't take any outdoor shots, the coffee machine had broken and the nearest one was down the street in the pouring rain, and some of us had become quite saddened by it all. :worry:

Some were talking about leaving or cancelling the shoot! I didn't want it to cancel, so I thought I'd try and get everyone's spirits back up, I mentioned how we still had some costume pieces, and with a little convincing, the director agreed to try it out. Some of us put on staff uniforms, others wore these really bright orange jumpers, and we took loads of photos of us pretending to be staff members serving drinks, showing people where to go on the map, posing in front of signs and even playing pool/ping pong in the rec-room! :yay:

We got a lot of good shots, I was asked to come back, and I was actually asked if we could all take selfies together! :blush: Now I have some photos I'll cherish forever of all the smiling faces of the people I met.

It's not much, but I like to think I helped make it a fun day and helped raise everyone's spirits! :Pip-giggle:

I couldn't agree more as there are days that can be good and some that aren't the best. It's true some days can be dark and lonely and maybe you feel sad, but Pinkie will be there to show you that it isn't that bad. 

Even in the worst of times, it's great to make people smile. it helps to give hope and to remember that good times are still ahead. :) 

It sounds like you went and turned what looked like a bad situation into a good situation and made the best of things!

There are times that even the most planned out parties can have a moment where things don't exactly work out. Even so, I always try to make the best of things and things turn out much better than expected! :fluttershy:

It even sounds like it all became fun and became better than you thought! Taking pictures and looking back on the fun memories are always a worthwhile treasure. :grin:

• smile 3

(edited)
On 2024-04-17 at 9:27 PM, Mirage said:

The night shall last forever! Muhahaha! Yes! This IS fun!

1552084363_large(7).thumb.png.522efbf71c895844f2d5e780419c2fb2.png

I command all to laugh. :orly:

Okay, now stop...

HEEHEEHEEHA!!

Also, my brother was sad after he lost a big soccer game, so I cheered him up and made him smile. 

Life is now 30% better

(It'd be a hundred if that copy of Pokemon Emerald I bought on Ebay wasn't a fake.)

Edited by Lawyer Slip
  • Brohoof 2
  • smile 2
  • Hugs 1

Yesterday, I surprised my little cousin on her birthday. She lives very far from me, so she didn't expect I would show up, and was very happy to see me. I gave her presents, we played games, and everyone had a good time. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2
  • Hugs 1

On 2024-04-21 at 7:40 PM, Lawyer Slip said:

HEEHEEHEEHA!!

Also, my brother was sad after he lost a big soccer game, so I cheered him up and made him smile. 

Life is now 30% better

(It'd be a hundred if that copy of Pokemon Emerald I bought on Ebay wasn't a fake.)

Losing at something is never fun, but it's really sweet that you were there for your brother! :coco:

Cheering my friend's up when a bad day occurs always makes everything many times better! ^_^ 

On 2024-04-23 at 2:59 AM, Nitobit said:

Yesterday, I surprised my little cousin on her birthday. She lives very far from me, so she didn't expect I would show up, and was very happy to see me. I gave her presents, we played games, and everyone had a good time. :fluttershy:

Yay~! :yay:

It's the surprises where nobody expects the surprise to be the best surprises! :pinkie:

Sounds like many smiles, laughter and fun were had! :) 

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1

10 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

I wrote a nice, heart-felt birthday card for a great friend of mine who I've known for 5 years now, and it made him smile and hug me. Really touching moment :squee:

Birthday cards are always such a great way to make someone smile! ^_^ 

Especially if hugs are involved! :squee:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

@Shiny Silvermoon I enjoyed your recent escargot joke enough to share with my girlfriend. She cut me off before the punchline to say the French enjoy the sliminess, and we both laughed. Thank you.

She and I also invited her mother to aid us in lobotomizing a lawn flamingo to secure a mini sombrero, and fun was had.

• smile 2
  • Hugs 1

19 hours ago, SharpWit said:

@Shiny Silvermoon I enjoyed your recent escargot joke enough to share with my girlfriend. She cut me off before the punchline to say the French enjoy the sliminess, and we both laughed. Thank you.

She and I also invited her mother to aid us in lobotomizing a lawn flamingo to secure a mini sombrero, and fun was had.

Oooh~! :ooh:

It looks like a teamwork of friends for smiles to make the world go round! :pinkie:

From one friend to another, it's always great to help others to laugh and smile. Especially when fun can be had when working on group projects! :) 

5 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

I made my Dad happy today by dealing with our trash cans without him asking me. The smile he had was one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen. :squee:

Yay~! :yay:

It's always great to help others when help is not asked. :) 

Seeing big smiles from others after helping makes helping out worth it! ^_^ 

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

20 hours ago, SharpWit said:

I don't understand the last part but it fills my heart with joy to hear that my jokes are good enough to be shared! I really needed that since I've been going through a gastroenteritis yesterday and I'm still a little sick. :rarity:

• Hugs 3

27 minutes ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

I don't understand the last part but it fills my heart with joy to hear that my jokes are good enough to be shared! I really needed that since I've been going through a gastroenteritis yesterday and I'm still a little sick. :rarity:

OMG SAME! We had to take time off work today because of it. Lousy guts. :dry:

download(7).thumb.jpg.164b8ab9a955c78f6d3b1f0da2523728.jpg

• Hugs 2

1 hour ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

Oh no! Feel better Shiny. *Hugs* I believe in you.

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

10 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

I bet you could tell one if you tried. I believe in you Wizzy!

Hmm...

If Derpy went insane, what would happen?

Spoiler

She'd go Postal

3221933_lazya_postal-dude.thumb.png.af194029812d6e443b2a780aa4b6945c.png

• Delighted Giggle 5