staff Staffer Of The Week: Sophie

Sir Hugsalot

SOPHIE

507643763_SophieHoofingtonbyAcryWeaver.png.49ec48b5660d5152defeb32b4f1c929e.png

Hello, everypony! We have a brand new week and that means we also get a brand new Staffer Of The Week thread! This time I'd like you all to meet one of our brave and friendly moderators - @Sophie

Sophie is one of first people I've met ever since my own return to mlpforums.com. Needless to say - a great person, who's welcoming and friendly towards everybody that approaches them, but there's even more to them than this! A very good musician, who wrote plenty of their own songs - a feat that will always be impressive to me as a musician myself! Sophie also happens to be quite a fan of video games and Star Wars, not to mention other interesting franchises! I still miss seeing Sophie face a certain battle in Star Wars: Jedi Survivor that they did not get to stream yet :mlp_icwudt:

Did you know that Sophie happens to be quite a stargazer? Recently I've seen a lot of beautiful Images of space - all done with help of their telescope! Finally, a new person to be crazy about space that I can harass about such topics of interest! :toldya:

To me Sophie is an amazing friend, especially for a stunt they pulled off last year, during my birthday. Imagine that. Coming home, tired and exhausted from work, only to see your house being in different shape than you left it in. In my case - chocolate milk boxes trail on the floor leading to a fridge filled with even MORE chocolate milk boxes...? :ooh: Then suddenly your lovely other half, in my case - @Ice Princess Silky  appears, because Sophie literally came to me with her in person to surprise me. Yes. That happened. A thing normally seen in movies, Sophie made that real for all of us to have a blast for next few days <3 Meeting Sophie in person was truly a blast and they are yet another confirmation that people we meet online are real and if we are lucky enough to meet them, we're in for many great adventures! 

As a staffer, Sophie became part of our moderation team. In rough situations Sophie is often the voice of wholesomeness, seeking positive even in the most difficult tasks moderation needs to face. There were things Sophie decided to take in their hooves that made me hesitate yet this brave pony did not hold back :laugh: Their contribution to the friendly, open minded environment that staff has are endless. What I really love is that any time something happens Sophie knows how to maintain proper atmosphere so that nobody gets carried away and every problem is solved with calmness and reason. What I also love is that every time something occurs (mostly of the silly kind) Sophie has a perfect gif, song or image for it :laugh: Sometimes I feel like staffer duties would be far more taxing if not for them. 

This brings us to a legend about Sophie. And I have one that will be perfect!

If there's one thing that Sophie really has problems with, it is their own curiosity. They learned it the hard way when they went into a potion store and started rummaging through shelves unsupervised. We all know how it works. Random magical potions with many great properties? Let's find the perfect one to enhance our lives!

So Sophie, being the musical pony went straight for something to enhance their creativity. And there it was. A potion of creativity in all its glory. Exciting! The problem is... in their excitement Sophie grabbed the wrong bottle. The "Platypus Potion of Platypusation" which was right next to potion of creativity...

I think we all know what happened...

Spoiler

2c46ea42445cab11fc88e7e32328e7ad.png

Moral of the story? Next time you see a random platypus - behave. It may be Sophie doing moderation investigation :mustache:

• Brohoof 6
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1
  • Excited 7
  • Party! 2
  • Hugs 1

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

Art, profile picture and signature by one and only Silky <3

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

(edited)

Sophie, from the bottom of my heart, congratulations. This recognition is so well deserved, and honestly, it barely scratches the surface of how much you mean to all of us. You've touched lives here in ways that go beyond words, and the warmth, love, and positivity you bring to every single interaction is something truly special.

Your ability to make everyone feel welcomed, valued, and safe is a gift. You have this incredible way of being the light in someone’s darkest moment, the calm in the middle of chaos. I can’t even begin to imagine how many hearts you’ve lifted just by being you. As a moderator, you carry so much weight on your shoulders, yet you always find a way to bring kindness, patience, and understanding, even when things get tough. That kind of strength and grace is something rare, and we are all so, so lucky to know you.

The story about you and Silky surprising Sir with chocolate milk on their birthday... wow. It's the kind of thing you see in movies, but you made it real. It shows exactly who you are - a person who goes out of their way to create joy, to make people feel loved and appreciated in the most genuine, heartfelt way. You create moments that people will carry with them for the rest of their lives.

Sophie, you have a heart that shines brighter than any star you’ve gazed at through your telescope. Your curiosity, your laughter, your creativity, and your endless support for others - it’s what makes this community feel like home. I hope you know just how deeply you are loved and how much you’ve given to all of us, whether through a kind word, a perfect gif, or simply by being there when we needed someone.

Thank you, Sophie, for everything. You’re not just a moderator or a friend - you’re a beacon of light and love in a world that desperately needs more of both. We’re all better for having you in our lives.

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • Brohoof 3
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 3

Congratulations @Sophie! :eager:

I can - like many others - confirm that Sophie is an awesome creator of music. I remember waking up one morning and logging into Discord to discover that they had composed a song for me. Something I wasn't expecting and something that was absolutely amazing! I've also saved other pieces of music they've shared and have listened to them while I've worked. You're an amazing person @Sophie and I'm glad to have gotten to know you over the past months. I'm always happy when we get the chance to talk. :)

I also still love that dream translation you did for me a while back. I'm still tempted to throw some of my other ones at you just to hear what you have to say about them. You definitely know your stuff on that topic!

Really wish I had more to say with these sorts of things. But words usually fail me because they never seem to justify how I feel. :ButtercupLaugh:

Once again, congrats, my friend! :kirin:

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

SOPHIE

507643763_SophieHoofingtonbyAcryWeaver.png.49ec48b5660d5152defeb32b4f1c929e.png

Hello, everypony! We have a brand new week and that means we also get a brand new Staffer Of The Week thread! This time I'd like you all to meet one of our brave and friendly moderators - @Sophie

Sophie is one of first people I've met ever since my own return to mlpforums.com. Needless to say - a great person, who's welcoming and friendly towards everybody that approaches them, but there's even more to them than this! A very good musician, who wrote plenty of their own songs - a feat that will always be impressive to me as a musician myself! Sophie also happens to be quite a fan of video games and Star Wars, not to mention other interesting franchises! I still miss seeing Sophie face a certain battle in Star Wars: Jedi Survivor that they did not get to stream yet :mlp_icwudt:

Did you know that Sophie happens to be quite a stargazer? Recently I've seen a lot of beautiful Images of space - all done with help of their telescope! Finally, a new person to be crazy about space that I can harass about such topics of interest! :toldya:

To me Sophie is an amazing friend, especially for a stunt they pulled off last year, during my birthday. Imagine that. Coming home, tired and exhausted from work, only to see your house being in different shape than you left it in. In my case - chocolate milk boxes trail on the floor leading to a fridge filled with even MORE chocolate milk boxes...? :ooh: Then suddenly your lovely other half, in my case - @Ice Princess Silky  appears, because Sophie literally came to me with her in person to surprise me. Yes. That happened. A thing normally seen in movies, Sophie made that real for all of us to have a blast for next few days <3 Meeting Sophie in person was truly a blast and they are yet another confirmation that people we meet online are real and if we are lucky enough to meet them, we're in for many great adventures! 

As a staffer, Sophie became part of our moderation team. In rough situations Sophie is often the voice of wholesomeness, seeking positive even in the most difficult tasks moderation needs to face. There were things Sophie decided to take in their hooves that made me hesitate yet this brave pony did not hold back :laugh: Their contribution to the friendly, open minded environment that staff has are endless. What I really love is that any time something happens Sophie knows how to maintain proper atmosphere so that nobody gets carried away and every problem is solved with calmness and reason. What I also love is that every time something occurs (mostly of the silly kind) Sophie has a perfect gif, song or image for it :laugh: Sometimes I feel like staffer duties would be far more taxing if not for them. 

This brings us to a legend about Sophie. And I have one that will be perfect!

If there's one thing that Sophie really has problems with, it is their own curiosity. They learned it the hard way when they went into a potion store and started rummaging through shelves unsupervised. We all know how it works. Random magical potions with many great properties? Let's find the perfect one to enhance our lives!

So Sophie, being the musical pony went straight for something to enhance their creativity. And there it was. A potion of creativity in all its glory. Exciting! The problem is... in their excitement Sophie grabbed the wrong bottle. The "Platypus Potion of Platypusation" which was right next to potion of creativity...

I think we all know what happened...

Reveal hidden contents

Moral of the story? Next time you see a random platypus - behave. It may be Sophie doing moderation investigation :mustache:

I don't know where to start, reading all that makes me feel.. how should I say? it makes me really happy! it feeds the fire in my heart, knowing I'm doing the right thing, my goal - make people happy, help them and most importantly, protect them.

That surprise? Oh please, that few hours of driving just to see you and @Ice Princess Silky  happy was the biggest reward! earning new experiences, meeting new, awesome people, spending time, having fun. It's an experience I carry in my heart with proud and it still brings a smile to my lips remembering it (I wish it would have never ended though):coco:

Also you forgot the best thing! Lego! we need clearly more lego! :Cozy::laugh:

Thank you so much for everything! really! words can't really describe how grateful I am to know you, Silky and everyone I've meet a long the way here on the forums :fluttershy:

9 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Sophie, from the bottom of my heart, congratulations. This recognition is so well deserved, and honestly, it barely scratches the surface of how much you mean to all of us. You've touched lives here in ways that go beyond words, and the warmth, love, and positivity you bring to every single interaction is something truly special.

Your ability to make everyone feel welcomed, valued, and safe is a gift. You have this incredible way of being the light in someone’s darkest moment, the calm in the middle of chaos. I can’t even begin to imagine how many hearts you’ve lifted just by being you. As a moderator, you carry so much weight on your shoulders, yet you always find a way to bring kindness, patience, and understanding, even when things get tough. That kind of strength and grace is something rare, and we are all so, so lucky to know you.

The story about you and Silky surprising Sir with chocolate milk on their birthday... wow. It's the kind of thing you see in movies, but you made it real. It shows exactly who you are - a person who goes out of their way to create joy, to make people feel loved and appreciated in the most genuine, heartfelt way. You create moments that people will carry with them for the rest of their lives.

Sophie, you have a heart that shines brighter than any star you’ve gazed at through your telescope. Your curiosity, your laughter, your creativity, and your endless support for others - it’s what makes this community feel like home. I hope you know just how deeply you are loved and how much you’ve given to all of us, whether through a kind word, a perfect gif, or simply by being there when we needed someone.

Thank you, Sophie, for everything. You’re not just a moderator or a friend - you’re a beacon of light and love in a world that desperately needs more of both. We’re all better for having you in our lives.

Gosh Starlight, your words sure bring a tear to my eye and it's really hard to describe how I am feeling right now (in a very good way :coco:.)
But what I can say is thank you, thank you for being a friend, a member of the community and forums and especially someone that brings light and warmth into the darkness. 

1 minute ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Congratulations @Sophie! :eager:

I can - like many others - confirm that Sophie is an awesome creator of music. I remember waking up one morning and logging into Discord to discover that they had composed a song for me. Something I wasn't expecting and something that was absolutely amazing! I've also saved other pieces of music they've shared and have listened to them while I've worked. You're an amazing person @Sophie and I'm glad to have gotten to know you over the past months. I'm always happy when we get the chance to talk. :)

I also still love that dream translation you did for me a while back. I'm still tempted to throw some of my other ones at you just to hear what you have to say about them. You definitely know your stuff on that topic!

Really wish I had more to say with these sorts of things. But words usually fail me because they never seem to justify how I feel. :ButtercupLaugh:

Once again, congrats, my friend! :kirin:

Thank you so much Treeglow! it sure brings joy to me reading that and you're always welcome to throw any dreams you've at me since it's super interesting to see what dreams can mean :coco:

Also I'm so happy that I surprised you in a good way with that song! since - music is the language of the soul :hug_day:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 4
  • Hugs 1

Don't mind me, just waiting for my pancakes.

1969050.gif

Congratulations Sophie!
Your work is beautiful, whether it's music-creation or art-creation. I love your work! :mlp_rarity:
You are a gracious friend whom has been supportive of confused, distressed, and ponies whom need a good advice.
I must apologise to you at this moment. Because I once drew a Cutie Mark for you, but I drew it wrong. :muffins:
It wasn't until months later that I saw your OC on the forums that I realised what your Cutie Mark correctly looked like! 

• Brohoof 4
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

18 minutes ago, Felis Amafeles said:

Congratulations Sophie!
Your work is beautiful, whether it's music-creation or art-creation. I love your work! :mlp_rarity:
You are a gracious friend whom has been supportive of confused, distressed, and ponies whom need a good advice.
I must apologise to you at this moment. Because I once drew a Cutie Mark for you, but I drew it wrong. :muffins:
It wasn't until months later that I saw your OC on the forums that I realised what your Cutie Mark correctly looked like! 

Thank you so much Felis! I also do love you work, no matter if sharing AI pictures or hearing your opinion about something or just chatting with you :coco:

Oh! no no no! don't worry about that! that's a memory I love to remember :hug_day:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

1969050.gif

(edited)

I don't particularly like writing in topics where there are many people except for the "General Discussion" section, but I still decided to write. Congratulations to you Sophie! Your space photos are beautiful! And congratulations to the rest of the staff whom I haven't congratulated before.

Edited by ComanderZhabikKlavik
  • Brohoof 2
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

T-90.jpg.c09d40d696a92846d7036daccbfabe0c.jpg
                                                                                                                                                   T-90

13 minutes ago, ComanderZhabikKlavik said:

I don't particularly like writing in topics where there are many people except for the "General Discussion" section, but I still decided to write. Congratulations to you Sophie! Your space photos are beautiful! And congratulations to the rest of the staff whom I haven't congratulated before.

Thank you so much Comander and it makes me really happy to hear that you enjoy my astro photos :hug_day: 

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1

1969050.gif

@Sophie

I just wanted to thoroughly and openly say congratulations.

The reason I'm truly happy and feel that you are truly the most deserving of this is because I've personally seen how much joy you get when it comes to helping others, myself included. You have shown so much patience and care that honestly, if I didn't know any better, I'd think of you as a saint.

You have shown incredible patience when teaching me and @Hadrienhow to do A.I. art (despite the regret you must have felt immediately afterwards):squee:.

You always seem willing to drop whatever it may be that you're doing to either help me with something or even when it's just to talk.

I honestly consider you one of my greatest and best friends on hear and I do appreciate you so very much.

So honestly and with all my heart, I wish you congratulations. :grin:

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 2

13 minutes ago, Nightmare Wolf said:

@Sophie

I just wanted to thoroughly and openly say congratulations.

The reason I'm truly happy and feel that you are truly the most deserving of this is because I've personally seen how much joy you get when it comes to helping others, myself included. You have shown so much patience and care that honestly, if I didn't know any better, I'd think of you as a saint.

You have shown incredible patience when teaching me and @Hadrienhow to do A.I. art (despite the regret you must have felt immediately afterwards):squee:.

You always seem willing to drop whatever it may be that you're doing to either help me with something or even when it's just to talk.

I honestly consider you one of my greatest and best friends on hear and I do appreciate you so very much.

So honestly and with all my heart, I wish you congratulations. :grin:

Oh Wolf! thank you so much! reading that makes me really happy! and that's what friends do, right? helping each other because sharing is caring! :coco:

I don't feel any regret to be honest! it's more of the oppposite! I feel happy to see how you generate those ai pictures and seeing you having fun with it! if you need more help, please let me know :fluttershy:

You're awesome Wolf and I'm happy that I can call you a friend! :hug_day:

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 2

1969050.gif

3 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

The story about you and Silky surprising Sir with chocolate milk on their birthday... wow. It's the kind of thing you see in movies, but you made it real.

Yup! I remember this like it was yesterday. Sophie is that person whom, when you have a CRAZY idea you can simply ask them “are you in??” And they’re sooo supportive that they say “absolutely!” So he found a way to make it happen! 

Even better, he got Sir this giant X wing LEGO set and we took it out, put it in Sir’s closet and he put a tinier, gag version of the x wing in the big empty box the bigger one came in to throw Sir off LOL 

I was struggling back then with some mental and emotional stuff, so, having friends like these during such times is such a blessing. I’m glad others get to enjoy such a wholesome presence.  

Sophie is just the best friend anyone could ever ask for. And it shows even in how they handle moderation matters. :coco:

So, one big thank you Sophie for being so great in person as well as in MLPF to everyone and all. Great moderator and friend!

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 6
  • Hugs 1

Congratulations, @Sophie! It has been an absolute honor to work along side you! ^_^

There are very few who I can say this about, but if you should choose Sophie as a friend, you won't choose wrong.
You deserve this honor, my friend.

...Wait. What's that? :mlp_confused: A platypus?

14 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

Hide contents

Sophie The Platypus?!?! :BornAgainBrony:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

halloweensig.png.397601b0ba3d0bdc1d66a19d4ccbc7fa.png

@Ice Princess Silky  It makes me so happy to read that! and life is too short to not create memories with awesome friends! and see? it worked! I look back at it and I smile! We have to create even more! with more friends! spread happiness and joy! :pinkie:

Thank you silky and @Sir Hugsalot that I can call you friends! it fills me with so much joy and proud! :hug_day:

@Bright Honor gosh! someday we both will go to smashburgers! and we'll enjoy them together! and have an awesome time! :fluttershy:

@Lawyer Slip Thank you so much! :coco::hug_day:

@Captain Salty Scribbles better let it cool down so I can hug you! :hug_day:

@Shiny Silvermoon! Oh and it was so much joy creating it! with a smile on my lips as I heard how much you enjoyed it :fluttershy: (even though you told me that you don't like music :ButtercupLaugh:) that makes it even more precious for me! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

@Snow Thank you so much! and thank you for being such an awesome member and community that brings joy and happiness everyday to everyone :coco::hug_day:

@Samurai Equine and it's an honor for me to have you and the rest of the staff on my side! creating a new, better place for everyone to be in! also it counts for you Samurai, who doesn't know you, is clearly missing out an awesoem friendship! :coco:

Don't worry, the pony form is my real form... or is it? :toldya:

@Nitobit! Thank you so much for your warming words! it was more than a pleasure to create something for you! and I can just return it! you're an awesome staffer and it's so much of a joy to work and hear your opinion on things :hug_day:

• smile 1
  • Excited 1
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 5

1969050.gif

@Sophie Sophie! :hug_day: :pinkie:

Congratulations on being Staffer of the Week! You truly earned it and deserve it, my friend! :) 

I remember when we first met in person. I remember giving hugs, before leaping into your arms into a tackle hug. I remember you catching me as hugs were shared and fun was had! I remember the time that you gave me a Bavarian hat. I was honestly touched as it looked amazing and I wore it at time when I went out. I still hold onto it to this day as it's very important to me. Through this, the times that we've chatted and the times that I've watched them play Star Wars. Even getting to see their beautiful and breathtaking photos of space through the pictures of their telescope. They are truly kind, caring, and a lot of fun to talk to. :coco:

I still remember the song that you made for me. I still listen to it and hold it near and dear to my heart. It truly feels like I'm journeying through the Pokemon world as I listen. Even the times we've talked or I needed advice, you truly have a way with words. I was worried about something long ago, but when we talked, you helped me to see I had nothing to worry about. Even what you said is something I will never forget. About how friend's know the melody of their friend's hearts and to sing it to them if one has forgotten it. Thank you so much for the many songs you've created. Each song has been fun to listen to. 

You a truly a precious person that is able to light the darkness in this world. Thank you for all of your hard work on staff and everything that you do. You are truly an amazing, supporting and wonferful person and someone I truly am happy to call my friend! I hope we can continue to chat and get to know each other more often and congratulations once again, Sophie! :hug_day::PIPPIPHURRAY:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2
  • Hugs 2