Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

POLL: Do you like the MLP lesbian shippings?

Viridian Daybreak

Do you support the lesbian shippings?  

273 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support the lesbian shippings?

• Yes
    • No, I prefer the heterosexual shippings
    • No, I dislike shipping altogether
    • I don't mind either shippings

bleh i have to go with " i hate shipping" :/ ....

and if i have to choose, it'd probably not be gay/lesbian. i don't really mind gay/lesbian pairings, but

honestly i would prefer heterosexual.

Edited by crazitaco

This sure does get plenty of bitching from the whiny contingent, shipping itself and the fact that most are lesbian shippings, first off it's inevitable and second, no one is forcing you to look at fics/pictures and whatnot, whining about things that don't hurt anything is pointless and just serves as another reason to feel superior to the bronies that interact and contribute to the fandom differently then they do.

Lesbian/Gay shippings does nothing for me. Do people really find them romantic? Because I actually find them humorous or boring. I didn't even know what the heck shipping meant until I looked it up. And heterosexual shippings are only interesting if they're canon and are done in the show. Otherwise every shipping done by fans just sounds like a gateway to clopfics. :P

Edited by poniesforfun

IMHO the show itself is just too innocent to support any serious pairing. Characters having crushed on other characters as spike has on rarity is as far as I think they should go

IMHO the show itself is just too innocent to support any serious pairing. Characters having crushed on other characters as spike has on rarity is as far as I think they should go

Well there is also Shining Armor and Cadence, Cheerilee and Big Mac. Usually the less important characters have something going on for them. I suppose anything for the mane six would be reserved for later.

EDIT: Though there was that one date between Rarity and Blueblood but ended on that same night.

Edited by poniesforfun

Reading all the posts...

Shipping =/= rule 34.

Shipping =/= french kisses&shit.

Shipping in general = love, relation and crap like that. What's so disgusting about it?

And that's why Coco fancies shipping.

Well.. one of more reasons...

Yeah, it bothers me when people assume all shipping involves sex. A lot of it is just plain, sweet love. I've read several fanfics that portrayed this, and they were very well done.

And lots of people that make these shippings confuse friendship with lesbian/gay love. There's one thing to see a very close relationship between two ponies but saying they're gay for each other is not entirely right just because they show compassion for each other. Lesbian/gay love usually implies sexual interest because the words themselves literally means "wanting to have sexual relationship with the same sex."

Only if there is a good clopfic to go with it! 

Eh? Eh? no? Fine...

I prefer rarishy, appledash and flutterdash.

pinkie Pie is too random, big mac and cheerlie will never be a thing, The CMC are too young. and princess twilight stoopid-face is no longer a cannonical charecter.

I'm currently well into a heterosexual shipping (Doctor x Derpy FTW), but I suppose both are fine. I have arranged shippings, tho, so watch out...

AJ x Rarity

Pinkie x Dashie

Twilight x Shy

Vinyl x Octavia

Doctor x Derpy

Cadence x Shining Armor (Duh)

Pipsqueak x Scootaloo

And... Yeah. IF I SEE ANY OF YOU MESSING UP MY SHIPPINGS, I GONNA KICK YOUR FLANK.

Can't say I view them any differently than any other shippings. I like LyraBon and AppleDash, but that's because I think they make good couples and compliment each other well, it has nothing to do with it being a homosexual relationship.

• Brohoof 1

I dont really care about shippings. Like many things in life they have their moments  Some good, some horrible. The idea of seeing our favorite Ponies pursue a relationship with another pony is interesting but we have to remember its just made up and comes from the imaginative mind of a fellow Bronie.

Personally, I don't really care, but I do like the notion of "mare friends" to show diversity and acceptance in the world of Equestria. 

One thing I hate are super gritty, always in peril worlds, and the same goes for the opposite with your utopian" the world is so pretty and nothing goes wrong" type of thing.  This striking balance of peril and blissful reality is the main reason which drew me into MLPFIM.  Equestria world feels close to our own world, however, at the same time, it has that air of magical myster where you can succeed if you try really hard. Unlike the real world where there are people that try for all their lives to succeed but fail regardless of how hard they try. 

As far as I'm concerned, shipping fanon is just like regular fanon. As long as it's well-written, I'm all for it. I have no aversion to it at all, as I regard them as nothing more than regular fanfics.

Occasionally very saucy, saucy fanfics.

Edited by Metaright

I don't support it at all.  There's no canonical evidence that I can see for any lesbian pairings.  Not to mention the fact that this is a children's show.  There are other things I feel the characters would be focused on than romance.

God. This is why I can't relate to the bring fandom at most times (besides being a young girl) I just think it's wrong, to be honest. I don't have a problem, really, with lesbians/gays in real life, but when it's being forced upon straight characters... No. *looks judgingly at Sherlock fandom*

God. This is why I can't relate to the bring fandom at most times (besides being a young girl) I just think it's wrong, to be honest. I don't have a problem, really, with lesbians/gays in real life, but when it's being forced upon straight characters... No. *looks judgingly at Sherlock fandom*

I'm sorry, no offense, but there is absolutley zero proof that any character in FiM is straight aside from Rarity. Nor is there any proof that they're lesbians, but seeing as the entire main cast is female, people kinda had no choice.

• Brohoof 3

Although I find shippings to be out of character in a series that is all about friendship, I think that Rainbow Dash x Pinkie Pie is absolutely adorable and have to support it anyway.

I'm not too bothered, cept when basic biology is ignored; ie, when two mares have a foal without a stallion. XD

Btw, regarding horses in real life; it's natural for one stallion to serve an entire herd of mares. So it actually makes more sense to have few male characters.

That being said, my favourite ship has to be Dr Whooves/Derpy.

I'm not too bothered, cept when basic biology is ignored; ie, when two mares have a foal without a stallion. XD

It's magic, I don't have to explain nothin! tongue.png

I think that line for a person sporting the god of eternal chaos and disharmony should hopefully suffice. wink.png

Edited by Genepool

I don't care if it is a kids show, the shipping pairings are still adorable as hell. Flutterdash alone is more adorable than any other ship from any other show, IMO.

I'm like fedex and UPS, if you can get it to fit in a box then ship it. If there were more good male characters you would see more hetero ships, but alas.  Since the female characters are already much better developed and have had episodes to just how they interreact it simply enables how well the lesbian ships work in the community.