Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp draws stuff (feat. the forums biggest art dump of armoured ponies)

Silverwisp the Bard

I agree the Hearteater is a bit too much of a giveaway. I find myself intrigued however, do you have any existing headcannon for changeling culture/aesthetics?
I have the idea that their society is evolution driven. I have headcannon about how they are born, how they decay into "Devourers" when they starve, but not for culture so much. I believe that their civilization is driven from the solidarity their "Platinum Soul Union" grants. Yes i don't call it hive mind... i call it that way because of the metal the crown is made of. Normally i believe that this union exists among family members, loved ones and friends maybe, but for the Queen the crown is a special thing that allows her to listen and talk to all changelings. I believe that when it comes to making things they want to be simple, subtle and declaring who they are with honor. Kind of like a minimalistic concept... you saw how Queen Chrysalis appeared to be a Queen through her manners and her crown only? Kind of like that...

Also... did you steal the concept of it from the Tri-Force and just made it a bit more connected and "edgy"? ZeldaTriforceWingsBlackSS.png

(edited)

I made another flag:

post-3492-0-67767000-1376132357_thumb.jpg

Because flags are cool

This time for pre-sororital (there needs to be a better term) Equestria.

As always, eager for input.

I believe that their civilization is driven from the solidarity their "Platinum Soul Union" grants.

Well, I did not quite get the impression that they process a hivemind, given that RD and Fluttershy managed to trick them.

As for culture, i like the idea that they just take over assume the mannerisms of wherever their hiding (pic related)

post-3492-0-87246900-1376132814_thumb.jpg

Also... did you steal the concept of it from the Tri-Force and just made it a bit more connected and "edgy"?

nope

post-3492-0-67767000-1376132357_thumb.jpg

post-3492-0-87246900-1376132814_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

Reposting pics, reposting pics...

@@Silverwisp the Bard, Pre-soronital? I don't know what that means.... Sorry... i am from Greece. Plus Google Translate doesn't translate it in anything. Nevermind... i found it... 

Well, its supposed to mean "before the sisters" (soror=sister in latin). As you might know, integratingwords from more complex languages into English can be a bit tricky.

@@Silverwisp the Bard, Fun fact about the greek flag, since we are talking about flags. While the cross usually refers to the Christianity of the nation there is a reason why there 5 blue lines and 4 white. In the blue lines (in greek always) you can spell in syllabes "Freedom" and in the white ones "Or Death" now isn't this shit the coolest thing evar?  
img-1735462-1-greek-flag.jpg
"?-???-??-??-?" (freedom) "?_??-??-???" (Or Death). The phrase was probably taken from the 1821 Rebellion against the Turks.

Edited by nioniosbbbb

Finally figured out what that I liked on the radio was, its called "Little Talks".

post-3492-0-41779200-1376418758_thumb.jpg

And something I promised @, provided he still remembers (it has been a while).

post-3492-0-83135200-1376418622_thumb.jpg

now isn't this shit the coolest thing evar?

I guess?

• Brohoof 2

I really like that flag design, looks very true to the show's style. It wouldn't look out of place in a proper MLP episode. Interesting how the finial resembles Twilight's cutie mark. Is there a significance to it?

As for your Changeling queen, I like the braid, and I'd give the hairneedles a go as they might look really nice on that design as well as make her unique among the other queens/princesses. Plus it'd evoke antennae which goes with their whole insect-y aesthetic.

(edited)

Here you go, @@The Awesome One. Gave him some knives to throw around.

post-3492-0-90494200-1376860737_thumb.jpg

Interesting how the finial resembles Twilight's cutie mark. Is there a significance to it?

Thanks for the kind words. Its gonna be the cover for a fanfic I'm in the process of finishing.

I'd give the hairneedles a go as they might look really nice on that design as well as make her unique among the other queens/princesses. Plus it'd evoke antennae which goes with their whole insect-y aesthetic.

I'm gonna pretend that was my idea all along.  :huh:

Still need a name for her though....

Becase Tbh manes seem to be (most of the time) stylized on their own? Or just flowing with magic. Ugh...

Actually, I choose a braid, because I found drawing a mane in the style of Chrysalis incredibly difficult and spiky and curly hair looked weird on a changeling queen. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Back on track for Equestrian Valour with an unicorn noble:

post-3492-0-50069000-1377112587_thumb.jpg

Will eventually receive some cleaning up in Photoshop.

was that the concept you took the changeling emblem/flag from? :o

Nope, too much of a GW fanboy to much appreciate Starcraft..

I thought about doing different changeling breeds/morphs, but decided against it: I prefer the idea of changelings being uniform (with some very rare exceptions). and operating from the shadows rather than engage in open battle.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)
dumping pics, dumping pics
post-3492-0-54277400-1376944409_thumb.jpg

Sounds a little... meh to me. I mean the fact that they have to infltrate societies on their own suggest individuality on some measure... in fact the absolute control of the "hive mind" is really questionable for me...

Oh, I do still think of them as individuals, only that they are almost indistinguishable on the outside (with the possible exception of hole patterns in the legs, which only other changelings would be able to "read").

• Brohoof 1

Anyone who can guess where I stole borrowed inspiration for for the top design, gets a request

Im going to take a stab and say the Protos emblem from Starcraft. It kind of looks like it if you mirror it on itself. I could be very wrong though.

Nope, too much of a GW fanboy to much appreciate Starcraft..

Oh... well dang nevermind! Thought it looked pretty close to what you made though. 

PS Keep up the good work with all the art! I love the style! 

And a diamond dog brute (there's gonna be another, smaller variant, with a bow or something)

post-3492-0-17085700-1377798982_thumb.jpg

PS Keep up the good work with all the art! I love the style!

Thanks, didn't know you were still monitoring this thread

Mane colors and eyes should still be different right?

Well, I think of 99% of all changelings looking like the ones on the show with queens and the odd mutation making up the rest, son most wouldn't have manes/irises.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaaaaand I'm back.

RL hasn't be so super lately, but at least I managed to find time in my schedule for ponies again.

Anyway, on a happier note, I finally managed a pic of pyromancer pony that I like:

post-3492-0-73577900-1379330962_thumb.jpg

a clever tactic so that you don't distinguish the leader. Of course Chrysalis is already known... but as the generals go this tactic would be usefull.

Yep, I imagine that; apart from the queens; the command structure is decentralized to the point that taking out a specific changeling does absolutely zip.

BTW I'm finishing up the changeling mage; do you want her with pupils or solid, one-coloured eyes?

• Brohoof 1

Like the pic of my OC? Someone offered to draw her!!! It would be cool if the eyes werent one colored ones!!! More logical if you ask me... one-colored changelings kind of appear mindless.

Neverwinter Cutie Mark. I really love that game. 

By the way, I don't remember about zebra having a horn, or even a mythology of a horned zebra.

@, Not a zebra... maybe tattoos but they never said Zebras can't... you know with unicorns. 

BTW I'm finishing up the changeling mage; do you want her with pupils or solid, one-coloured eyes?
If you're refering to the Compassion one... then okay. Courage,Trust, and Truth are male the rest are female.