Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scratch concept OC arts for Lobstaarr and Metzger: Needs more input

Dizzy Ditzy Doo!

Okies, I promised you two OCs of your own so I sketched up a few concept arts for possible oc development

So here first, I have Metzger, a fellow monster hunter whom Electrobolt and I ran into back in Loc Lac (MH3)

Upon seeing his recent avatar, it made me want to pursue the traditional, Capcoms flagship hunter look, and apply it to a pony, so...

Here I have Metzger's pony utilizing the Hunter Armor, Blade variant.

Posted Image

I need your input on this idea Metzger when you get a chance to look at it.

Next

I have Lobstaarr

whom I said if he produced a OC rough sketch, I would do some conceptional art for him to make one as well.

Well he put one together, so it's my turn to hold my word lol.

For Lobstaarr I would have to say I was really intrigued just by his user name, and the combination of his drawing and his avatar sparked the idea for this concept art.

So, I went the route of pursuing a japanese anime superhero role for his pony, taking core recognizable parts of crustacean lobsters as references, and fitted onto a pony as parts of armor and costume design, complete with a cape as well!

Mare variant

Posted Image

Colt variant

Posted Image

The helmet is designed to have len changing visors, to adjust to various levels of UV rays and light.

The saddle pincer pods (which I intentionally left them to sit higher than saddle bags) act as utility pods for various equipments and tools.

It was originally suppose to be integrated with one of my other OCs that got canned, and also into my Multigear Joy concept.

I need your input on these scratch concept too Lobstaarr, please let me know what you would like, so I can work on a second concept please.

I'm also open to other possible ideas from other members if you want to help out putting together a OC for others or yourself, if you're currently OC-less

• Brohoof 7

Why the hell was this piece so epicly created?

post-2915-0-84672700-1339601777.png

I forever love you!

These are good. You should color them.

I loved MH3, but quit because I didn't know anyone who played. Do you guys still play it?

• Brohoof 1

Why the hell was this piece so epicly created?

I forever love you!

Hehe, well thank you so much! However these pieces aren't finished yet, not until I get some more info from you like, what you did like and did not like, uh, what else you would like to add? ohh, Earth pony? Pegesus? Unicorn? and most importantly of all, colors! I assume you'll be wanting the traditional red for the armor? :D

Then we'll be needing a name, age and bio lol

I loved MH3, but quit because I didn't know anyone who played. Do you guys still play it?

Thank you so much! wasn't it your birthday recently? :wacko: I want to wish you a happy belated birthday!

I do plan on painting them as soon as Lobstaarr and Metzger give me some ideas for a color scheme.

And yes, I still play, I'm not sure if Electrobolt still does, honestly, I just play monster hunter portable 3 nowadays, but every now and then I jump on Tri :D

Looks very nice Dizzy!

Good job on the Drawing!

Thank you so much! your request is in the works right now along with Crank Shift, and Filly Viscra

Then back onto the Pony Pile up after the summer arts exhange.

I'm toying with some backgrounds for my piece for Tag Team Cast ;3

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hehe, well thank you so much! However these pieces aren't finished yet, not until I get some more info from you like, what you did like and did not like, uh, what else you would like to add? ohh, Earth pony? Pegesus? Unicorn? and most importantly of all, colors! I assume you'll be wanting the traditional red for the armor? :D

Then we'll be needing a name, age and bio lol

Thank you so much! wasn't it your birthday recently? :wacko: I want to wish you a happy belated birthday!

I do plan on painting them as soon as Lobstaarr and Metzger give me some ideas for a color scheme.

And yes, I still play, I'm not sure if Electrobolt still does, honestly, I just play monster hunter portable 3 nowadays, but every now and then I jump on Tri :D

Thank you so much! your request is in the works right now along with Crank Shift, and Filly Viscra

Then back onto the Pony Pile up after the summer arts exhange.

I'm toying with some backgrounds for my piece for Tag Team Cast ;3

Ohhh.....So much info.....

Need Crystal's drawing or.....I'll....die......*Flops on floor

Edited by Storm Spark

Ohhh.....So much info.....

Need Crystal's drawing or.....I'll....die......*Flops on floor

I'm working as hard and fast as I can. :blush: I do appreciate your patience and support very much! Please bear with me just a little longer. :(

• Brohoof 1

I'm just joking XD Take as long as you need! And finish that oreo So I dont have to look at it all the time =D

I'm working as hard and fast as I can. :blush: I do appreciate your patience and support very much! Please bear with me just a little longer. :(

Oh wow, that's awesome :D

Posted Image

That armor looks better on pony than on human with your design.

Seriously, it looks pretty cool, why didn't I come up with that?

I "can" draw, but I'm not very creative, so maybe I could help...or not? lol

Maybe it could also use a blade? And as for the colors uhm... I don't know. :blush:

I think natural and dull colors would be more fitting.

I play it all day err day :P

I only own MH3, so I play it rather often.

That makes me wonder if the flagship hunter look fits my OC when I only play one. :o

• Brohoof 1

We should play Monster Hunter Tri right this instant!~ xD

Also thanks for the belated happy birthday :]

• Brohoof 1

Oh wow, that's awesome :D

That armor looks better on pony than on human with your design.

Seriously, it looks pretty cool, why didn't I come up with that?

I "can" draw, but I'm not very creative, so maybe I could help...or not? lol

Maybe it could also use a blade? And as for the colors uhm... I don't know. :blush:

I think natural and dull colors would be more fitting.

That makes me wonder if the flagship hunter look fits my OC when I only play one. :o

Thank you so much and sure! I welcome all any help in better developing your OC, just let me know what you want or need, I'm pretty sure I can integrate into your OC development.

I believe we can also work on several other armor variants as well.

I'm actually developing my ponysona fitted with my favorite gen1, gen 2, and gen 3 armor sets.

Although nowadays I have several favorites, I find myself heavily attached to the Plum Hermitaur armor, and Agnaktor related armor sets, including the ice variant in MHP3

We should play Monster Hunter Tri right this instant!~ xD

Also thanks for the belated happy birthday :]

I'll certainly endeavor to join you all as well! ;)

• Brohoof 1

Thank you so much and sure! I welcome all any help in better developing your OC, just let me know what you want or need, I'm pretty sure I can integrate into your OC development.

I believe we can also work on several other armor variants as well.

I'm actually developing my ponysona fitted with my favorite gen1, gen 2, and gen 3 armor sets.

Although nowadays I have several favorites, I find myself heavily attached to the Plum Hermitaur armor, and Agnaktor related armor sets, including the ice variant in MHP3

I'll certainly endeavor to join you all as well! ;)

Well, like I said, I'm not sure.

I'm not very creative and I wouldn't want to have you make lots of concepts because of my indecision. :blush: lol

I guess I'd like to see one with another armor, but the one you made looks great. :wub:

What do the Hermitaur and Agnaktor armors do in other games?

Well, like I said, I'm not sure.

I'm not very creative and I wouldn't want to have you make lots of concepts because of my indecision. :blush: lol

I guess I'd like to see one with another armor, but the one you made looks great. :wub:

What do the Hermitaur and Agnaktor armors do in other games?

Give me an armor set from the game, and I promise you, I'll find a way to ponify it ;3 I'll even throw in the weapon of your choosing. lol :lol:

The Agnaktor armor is essentially the same from Tri, except the higher rank version kind of sucks in my opinion. However, the Ice Agnaktor set is awesome. I'll upload pics onto that thread you started. As for the Plum Hermitaur set, it has guard up and guts, but I modified mine to have esp, and guard increase. I simply cannot be stopped! Lol

• Brohoof 1

Give me an armor set from the game, and I promise you, I'll find a way to ponify it ;3 I'll even throw in the weapon of your choosing. lol :lol:

The Agnaktor armor is essentially the same from Tri, except the higher rank version kind of sucks in my opinion. However, the Ice Agnaktor set is awesome. I'll upload pics onto that thread you started. As for the Plum Hermitaur set, it has guard up and guts, but I modified mine to have esp, and guard increase. I simply cannot be stopped! Lol

Really? You mean the MHP3 high rank Agnaktor armor?

Because I'm pretty sure the high rank one from Tri is one of the best lance armors lol

Why do they change the skill names though? D:

As for armor sets to be ponyfied...um I don't know, I like to mix parts but they usually don't look as good as standard armors lol

Really? You mean the MHP3 high rank Agnaktor armor?

Because I'm pretty sure the high rank one from Tri is one of the best lance armors lol

Why do they change the skill names though? D:

As for armor sets to be ponyfied...um I don't know, I like to mix parts but they usually don't look as good as standard armors lol

Well, give me your latest set up, I'm familiar with all the armor sets in Tri ;3

Ohh and yes, I meant to say the high rank Agnaktor armor in MHP3 sucks compared to the high rank Agnaktor armor in Tri, However the Ice Agnaktor armor in MHP3 is essentially the same as the high rank Agnaktor armor in Tri

The skill names isn't the only thing they changed about MHP3, they also changed the entire damage tables too, it's actually simplified and more easier to understand.

• Brohoof 1

Well, give me your latest set up, I'm familiar with all the armor sets in Tri ;3

Ohh and yes, I meant to say the high rank Agnaktor armor in MHP3 sucks compared to the high rank Agnaktor armor in Tri, However the Ice Agnaktor armor in MHP3 is essentially the same as the high rank Agnaktor armor in Tri

The skill names isn't the only thing they changed about MHP3, they also changed the entire damage tables too, it's actually simplified and more easier to understand.

Really? Um well I recently got one of those charms that give you evasion+1 by itself, and I love using that one because it's probably the most over powered skill lol

Sometimes I just go with a mix of Ceadeus and Steel+, which may not look so good, but is fairly decent.

And all that sounds confusing, but I still would like to play it lol

Really? Um well I recently got one of those charms that give you evasion+1 by itself, and I love using that one because it's probably the most over powered skill lol

Sometimes I just go with a mix of Ceadeus and Steel+, which may not look so good, but is fairly decent.

And all that sounds confusing, but I still would like to play it lol

Well do you own a Psp?

Alot let me know which parts are what, like Ceadus helmet? or steel helmet? Torso, tasset, leggings, etc

and your weapon of choice, lett's not forget that lol

• Brohoof 1

Well do you own a Psp?

Alot let me know which parts are what, like Ceadus helmet? or steel helmet? Torso, tasset, leggings, etc

and your weapon of choice, lett's not forget that lol

Nope ):

And it has Ceadeus helmet, Ceadeus torso, steel+ arms and waist, and Ceadeus legs.

Or Skull mask, leather jacket, steel+arms and wasit and Vangis legs.

Both of which look kinda ugly lol

The one you made already looks pretty cool, and you don't even have to do this... :3

As for weapon of choice, um Idk, I usually go with what the team is lacking. lol

• Brohoof 1

I've never been one to use a greatsword, like ever. So I'll go the direction of a greatsword, which is your favorite?

Nope ):

And it has Ceadeus helmet, Ceadeus torso, steel+ arms and waist, and Ceadeus legs.

Or Skull mask, leather jacket, steel+arms and wasit and Vangis legs.

Both of which look kinda ugly lol

The one you made already looks pretty cool, and you don't even have to do this... :3

As for weapon of choice, um Idk, I usually go with what the team is lacking. lol

• Brohoof 1

I've never been one to use a greatsword, like ever. So I'll go the direction of a greatsword, which is your favorite?

Don't use greatswords? :o how comes?

I don't really have a favorite.

I go by Anguish P, just because it's the strongest one.

but seriouslyPosted Image

it looks like a giant spiked potato or something...

I feel like we won't progress much at all lol.

You should have your OC cosplay as an armored hunter though :3 lol

Don't use greatswords? :o how comes?

I don't really have a favorite.

I go by Anguish P, just because it's the strongest one.

but seriouslyPosted Image

it looks like a giant spiked potato or something...

I feel like we won't progress much at all lol.

You should have your OC cosplay as an armored hunter though :3 lol

I can work with a custom style sword too if you like, very much in a image related to that greatsword. (Not a fan od devilijho weapons either) Namely I avoid greatsword because I found them to bulky, and slow, not to mention the many friendly fires I've been involved in, both giving and receiving end. Lol

• Brohoof 1

heheheheh....i'm so confused...lol:3
  • Brohoof 1

I can work with a custom style sword too if you like, very much in a image related to that greatsword. (Not a fan od devilijho weapons either) Namely I avoid greatsword because I found them to bulky, and slow, not to mention the many friendly fires I've been involved in, both giving and receiving end. Lol

Really? I personally find greatswords one of the easiest weapons to use.

Unsheathe Charge to the face or tail, sheathe and roll away. Look for opening and repeat, and maybe add a sword slap once in a while. lol

And I don't think I can come up with a custom style sword. lol

I'm new to all this OC stuff, so I still don't know how it works :P

• 2 weeks later...