Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Tell Your Tale" Alternate Art Style Concepts

bubbleteapony

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2022/05/alternate-art-styles-for-tell-your-tale.html

claudio-naccari-claudio-naccari-mlp-g5-c

EqD posted an article featuring a bunch of concept works exploring alternative art style and character proportions for Tell Your Tale. Personally, I like the body proportions for what they went with, but I like the top art style a lot better than the official one. I'm curious to know what other people think as well, though from the comments, it's looking like other people prefer the unused style as well :)

• Brohoof 2

I wish I could say "wow", but both of those styles are not good.

The artist can draw, no problem there. It is just, the ponies are trying to be different looking (and I get that), but not a single one of them are actually looking "cute". And trust me, "cute" goes a long way to getting us to be interested in the franchise.

(Some members here find some ponies cute, or "adorable", and I totally accept that. I like that!)

Now, I do like how the artist is leaving the contact information. Was it leaked? Maybe that is not a good thing. I still like the quality of the drawings and the time spent improving character designs. I just think they are not "cute" enough. The 3D ones are cuter.

Also, the ones being used in the show are ugly, odd, and not this good quality.

Also, I feel this is important, but the reveal of TyT's characters were extremely negative:

7F198758-D3A3-4181-9BE6-0DB50624B384.jpeg

Original Thread

• Brohoof 2

I do not particularly like either of them. Would say the first is better, but the way Izzy is designed - its just...unappealing to look at. I don't like how Pudgy Pipp is in the second one. Wish they just kept with an upgraded G4's style and not did a redesign.

(edited)
7 hours ago, PrettyInPipp said:

I'm totally happy with the designs we got now. 

Me, too! :eager:

If I had to choose between the other two choices though, I think I would choose the second set of ponies. 

Also, I feel this is important, but the reveal of TyT's characters were extremely negative:

@Splashee 

I was a fan of the Tell Your Tales look we have now from the beginning. Even Hitch's "table chin" grew on me. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Both versions suck, the top one sucks a bit less.

There were G5 leaks with much better style, sadly they went with this one. For me, tell your tale is barely watchable - the stories are OK, but the art style is difficult to get over.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

None of those are exactly great or to a point good. They just look generic to me, probably from the overuse of that style over the last decade or so. They don't stand out like G4. They don't really stand out at all.

But I suspose when you are trying to make a low budget easy to mass produce cartoon...that's what you get.

Edited by TheGleaner
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

There were G5 leaks with much better style, sadly they went with this one. For me, tell your tale is barely watchable - the stories are OK, but the art style is difficult to get over.

I think I've given up on it. I may watch it once in a great while but I cannot stand this art style. Both of them suck! :eww:

13 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

I have to say, with all the G5 leaks we got while FIM was still happening as well as the concept art that's been released, I'm also disappointed in what they went forward with. Both the designs and quality seemed (for the most part) to be better in the concepts phase, at least in my opinion. Personally I really liked blue Hitch and inventor Sunny

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, bubbleteapony said:

I have to say, with all the G5 leaks we got while FIM was still happening as well as the concept art that's been released, I'm also disappointed in what they went forward with. Both the designs and quality seemed (for the most part) to be better in the concepts phase, at least in my opinion. Personally I really liked blue Hitch and inventor Sunny

Blue hitch and Pink pipp were a lot better. I do not quite like the design of Izzy either. 

• Brohoof 1

Eh these styles are very mediocre. The style they have currently is slightly better, but that isn’t saying much. However, the other styles didn’t go for the jellybean mouth style which is something they definitely should have done for this current style.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...