Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

has this forum ever have trolls?

coolant1

It really depends on what kind of 'trolls' you are talking about.

If it's about fake-troll that knows nothing but whining over and over, yeah we got quite a bunch of them (but apparently they are rather inactive right now)

yes, there is the weekly DDOS attack.

then there was a troll attack waaaay back then when the chat was still open. Zoop forgot to barr him access from the chatroom, only the forums, so he created a bit of havoc in there for a while.

then there was another one i can recall of. making lots of useless topics, clearly spamming up the forums. was removed rather quickly.

someone posted a thread in the Intro section about how MLP was bad and he had some legitmate arguments, but was mostly being a dick about it.

i can recall another 2-3 ones, as well, but a bit fussy on the details.

so yes, the forums have been attacked a bit on here. it's always been speedily dealt with, though.

It really depends on what kind of 'trolls' you are talking about.

If it's about fake-troll that knows nothing but whining over and over, yeah we got quite a bunch of them (but apparently they are rather inactive right now)

am not

There were a bunch of guys from another Forum who thought it'd be funny to pose as bronies and put up nonsense on the site a couple of weeks ago. Most, if not all, were IP banned that same day, but we have had no major troll invasions that totally caused distress on the site.

We rarely get a lone wolf on our cases, but they are taken care of with extreme prejudice. One particular instance was back in mid February. Poor sap didn't last long... :P

yeah the DDoS attacks are trolls. we had a whole week of them :)

DDoS attacks are not really troll attacks, though. Denying masses of people service is lot more serious than regular trolling (in this case, not very good trolling from our experiences on this site).

There were a bunch of guys from another Forum who thought it'd be funny to pose as bronies and put up nonsense on the site a couple of weeks ago. Most, if not all, were IP banned that same day, but we have had no major troll invasions that totally caused distress on the site.

We rarely get a lone wolf on our cases, but they are taken care of with extreme prejudice. One particular instance was back in mid February. Poor sap didn't last long... :P

Ah yes, I got in trouble for calling out that gang of trolls.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes, I got in trouble for calling out that gang of trolls.

That whole ordeal was a bit confusing for everybody because most people did actually believe those were genuine bronies. After they were caught red-handed though, they were effectively dealt with.

Also I'd like to remind everybody to not respond to trolls if you do see them - simply report them and their actions and move on. We'll take it from there.

they were trolling feld0 when he tried to fix it :l.

Really? Send me a PM about that - I'd like to get more info from that

(edited)

Anyone remember back when we had around 500 memebers there was this guy who kept on using this image as his avatar and was posting some stuff against the rules? My troll sense was tingling so I stood out of them. I think that was our first troll invasion thingy, and It didn't last long.

Posted Image

Edited by Flare
  • Brohoof 3

Anyone remember back when we had around 500 memebers there was this guy who kept on using this image as his avatar and was posting some stuff against the rules? My troll sense was tingling so I stood out of them. I think that was our first troll invasion thingy, and It didn't last long.

Posted Image

I remember that now! :o
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I remember that now! :o

How could you forget!

I also found some status related to it

http://mlpforums.com/statuses/id/1818/

http://mlpforums.com/statuses/id/5593/

And he was speaking in Russian talking about the "yi-iff" art of his he was going to post.

And he once made a giant post about how he would never give up...And then was never seen again.

Edited by Flare