The biggest mistake in all of the my little pony generations

Bowser

The biggest mistake is held by a tie by G3.5 and the fact that G1 had humans in the show. I find that haveing humans in a pony show just makes it look bleh.

What did you guys find as the biggest mistake?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

G1 - Humans, and the sea-pony song. :lol:

G2 - Horrible-quality merchandise.

G3 - Too many rainbows.

G3.5 - Sweet Celestia, somebrony better murder that walk cycle. And the fact that their mouths stopped moving and they started talking with telepathy.

G4/All Generations - Lack of continuity.

Edited by AbominableAnon
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

When some bronies claims that MLP is "manly as fuck" and refuse to see that they're worshipping candy-colored ponies.

If you're talking about the show, G3.5 is just plain nightmarish. You can't really watch it without being visited by those horrid excuse of an equine in your dreams

G1 is bearable though

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Brohoof 3

Should I mention the 1986 movie? I won't diss the thing but I'm not sure a movie for a sub-par show should of made it to the big screen. At least there's some Danny DeVito somewhere in that movie.

When does anything from a previous episode ever get mentioned?

Ticket Master

Rainbow Dash's reading habbit

Fluttershy wearing nightgown after RD almost literally kidnapped her for the Cider Season

Fluttershy's tree disguise

Pinkie Sense!

Generally everything about Zecora and CMC

Well, if you're comparing MLP and Naruto in term of continuity, of course we got the severe case of lacking in continuity

• Brohoof 2

Ticket Master

Rainbow Dash's reading habbit

Fluttershy wearing nightgown after RD almost literally kidnapped her for the Cider Season

Fluttershy's tree disguise

Pinkie Sense!

Generally everything about Zecora and CMC

Well, if you're comparing MLP and Naruto in term of continuity, of course we got the severe case of lacking in continuity

To put things into perspective, I'm a Naruto fan and even I agree with this. I can't speak for the manga but they change stuff in flashbacks ALL the time. And since half of every goddamn episode is a flashback, that's ALL the continuity error. All of it.

• Brohoof 1

Apologies for the editfest. Habit o' mine. :blush:

I'm sorry, but let me give you a hoofful of examples...

•the Cakes’ two foals, Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake, who were introduced in Baby Cakes, are brought back twice, in A Friend in Deed and Ponyville Confidential.

•Trixie, who was introduced way back in S01E03, Boast Busters, was referenced in Ponyville Confidential.

•Smarty Pants, Twilight's foalhood stuffed animal, who was introduced in Lesson Zero, was seen in both Ponyville Confidential, and in a Canterlot Wedding.

•Rainbow Dash won the Best Young Flyers Competition and saved the Wonderbolts (and Rarity) in Sonic Rainboom, and Spitfire, the captain of the Wonderbolts, met Dash at the Grand Galloping Gala in The Best Night Ever, and mentioned Dash's incredible feat(s). Also, members of the Wonderbolts make semi-recurring appearances, such as Spitfire in Hurricane Fluttershy, and Soarin’ in A Canterlot Wedding.

•In Friendship is Magic Part 2, Fluttershy got the gang past a mighty and enraged manticore by using gentle and mild kindness to calm it down. Twilight Sparkle reminded her of said acheivemnt in Dragonshy.

•In Sonic Rainboom, the story is told of when Rainbow Dash first accomplished the titular event, which is fully focused on and seen in The Cutie Mark Chronicles, as it is what helped her 5 friends acquire their cutie marks, and established an immeasurably important and special connection between them.

Just to name a few. I'm sorry I got carried away, but when I watch this show, it just SCREAMS continuity.

• Brohoof 4

I think that the biggest mistakes were G2-G3.5.

Generally I don't think G1 was a big mistake. After all... without G1, we wouldn't have ponies now. And it was, after all, better than G2-G3.5 in my opinion.

Problem in the mlp generations:

the only reason they were created was to promote toys, in g4, it was more than that. They used it not only to promote toys, but to refresh us and try to redeem themselves. Over time, the show broke away a bit from Hasbro and It's toy line, and now feels like a completely new thing. No longer has the show based on toys, the show was based off written stories and toys where based off that.

In G4 Lauren Faust worked with the fans and worked her best to make it, and won over the fans.

The other people on the staffs before g4 where only in it for cash.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Actually, I don't see anything particularily wrong with G3.5, except the voices. The ponies are adorable, even if they're a little dim. I liked G3, too, even though all the voices were so annoying I can't watch it. G2-3.5 is just so filled with the color pink that a lot of people can't watch it.

I hated G1 though, it was so annoying. The ponies were more realistic, but they were missing something, and it annoyed the crap out of me, plus there was so much discrimination...ponies hated pegasi, pegasi were scared of ponies (or maybe that was a different generation, I forget) I also hated how the ponies fell in love with people, and that there were people at all in that show.

Edited by Midnight Melody

Apologies for the editfest. Habit o' mine. :blush:

well thats so that you could watch MLP in any order. animation continuity however

(edited)

I LIKE the Seapony song :huh:

What is the point of this thread other than to diss various aspects of the shows that other people like and are made to feel like a complete weirdo for wanting to defend all the so called "garbage of horrors" of the previous gens?

Edited by Inkling