How seriously do you take ponies?

Tupin86

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic helped save my life. Watching this show and making music were the only two things that had ever really made me happy before.

I became a better, nicer person, made friends, and began to enjoy life.

So, I take my ponies pretty damn seriously.

• Brohoof 2

This thread has been very interesting and insightful. I had no idea that a cartoon could do this to people, and I'm surprised many people see it as much more than just a show.

I used to wonder what friendship could be. Untill you all shared it's magic with me. When I was younger I was to busy to make any friends, such silliness did not seem worth the effort it expends. But my little ponies, you opened up my eyes...

Yeah, I had and still have no friends, and was very lonely. Then now I believe i will see the rainbow my future friends also see.

And what to expect and what they expect from me as a friend.

This show brought a lot of happiness into my life, and taught me lessons I should know.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't take the show very serious. It could be cancelled forever and I'd go "oh well it was fun while it lasted."

I know alot of people learned something from the show or saved them from depression, but I can't say I learned anything. I did learn to deal with haters but that was the community, not the show.

However if R34 ponies...

Im joking.

Edited by jarrod989

(edited)

This show, the clips on YouTube, the fan art, all that makes my day better when I'm in a rut. I don't usually takes this show seriously at all. This show helped me cope with my anger issues, depression and loneliness. The fans of this show are good people and I'm surprised how huge this show's impact brought them together.

Edited by Deeмo
  • Brohoof 2

I dunno. Ponies comfort me somehow. They make my life less boring and are a nice way to temporarily get away from my worries and bad experiences. They help me get through bad days.

The fanbase is awesome for the most part. Most bronies, I think, are friendly and good natured, and they make amazing fan art. Ponies have changed my life at least a little... I take them seriously, but not too serious. I'm somewhere in the middle.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I treat the show like any other good tv show. Maybe I take it a bit more seriously than the others.

It's one of the two shows that I'm thinking of buying a t-shirt of (I have a death note t-shirt already) but I've had wallpapers, ringtones and all that other stuff from other shows too so there isn't that much of difference between MLP and any other show I love.

The fandom on the other hand I take way seriously. I'm not one of those people who were depressed and had their life changed and all that but this fandom is the one place on the internet that I can go to to escape all the hate and fighting you see pretty much anywhere else (on the internet and in real life).

Edited by Demiurge
  • Brohoof 1

ponies is SRS BZNS!

jk, ponies right now are that thing that makes me smile when im bored and i find myself looking at them in the morning to wake up to a good morning

Edited by Yozer247

I wouldn't say it flipped my entire life upside down but MLP has:Gotten me into writing fan fics,Encouraged me to improve my art and It's something I can say I love :) It has also made my life a little more colorful.

As silly as it may sound I've developed a bond with each one of the mane 6 as if they were my own best friends.

On a scale from 1-10 how seriously do I take this? 7-8/10.But of course my definition of serious may not match yours.

*looks around room*

Let's see... Ponies on my walls...

Ponies on my table...

Pony art being drawn...

Brony and Pony music blaring out of huge speakers I got just for that...

The makings of a Pony Plushie in the corner...

And...

*looks down*

And I'm wearing a pony shirt.

Yep, I say I take my ponies pretty seriously. B)

I take it pretty seriously, it did change my life for the better in how it made me more social... As of right now it's about the forums, but then when the show starts back up it's going to be about 50 % the show and 50% forums...

hasnt really "changed" my life but now im a little bit more open to opinions but generally i don't watch tv i usually just watch whatever is on youtube but this is the only show (aside from doctor who) i get into. don't get me wrong though i still watch tv but not that much is all

Ponies are a very serious cartoon (peak freens). At any rate My Little Ponies is one of the few shows that I liked enough to actually write fan fiction for. I mean I did a little framework for "How to be a dragon without burning your tongue" but thats about it.

post-7214-0-69228100-1346717863_thumb.jpg

Yes, ponies changed my life. Its not like they gave me something to live for, its just they changed my outlook on life, joining this community is helping me too, thanks to MLP i am slowly becoming less and less depressed each day which considering I've suffered from depression for about 6 years is a massive thing.

It's just a cartoon I watch when i'm bored. I don't clop to it or anything so it dosn't mean anything sexual. The show also isn't my favorite show, and i'm not one of thoose people who have to talk about it every second. I highly enjoy the community and how nice most of the people are and that means alot to me that theese people are so caring and understanding.

My Little Pony is just another fandom I enjoy. I collect merch, draw fanart sometimes and watch the show. That's the full extent really.

It hasn't changed my life aside from the fact I like to collect cute little horses but, aren't girls supposed to like ponies? :P

Basically, I don't take it anymore seriously than I would any other show.

• Brohoof 1

I love the show, don't get me wrong, but it's just another show that I watch, it's not like it changed me or anything and my world doesn't revolve around ponies. Sure, I participate in the fandom unlike the other shows I watch, but I've only watched all the episode once. It's not like watching MLP makes me happy, just participating in the community does. I was already very happy indeed before ponies, but being in the community makes me even happier :) But all in all, I don't go to the extremes with it.

MLP just slightly changed my life.Nothing major.I was just suprised at the fandom this show has,and also if there is a video that completely makes fun of MLP.I just laugh.Because I know some of those things are not true.