Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zoop

Well I haven't played this game in ages, so long that is was showing up as "closed beta" when I first started it :P

I played the original tribes and although the graphics were terrible the thing I enjoyed about that was the mods there were because were all this building you could do with stuff like shields that you could walk through and blast walls and turrets all which could be placed anywhere in the world. I also played Tribes: Vengeance as that had a campaign as well as multiplayer that I never got around to finishing.

When I play ascend I only ever really played as a technician and go around repairing everything because I was never good at Tribes and can't hit anything with any of the guns. The most annoying thing for me is when the enemy team kept destroying our teams generator and no one would defend me as I go to repair it.

I doubt I'm going to enjoy playing it but reading this topic has convinced me to give it another go. I use the same username in the game as on the forum.

it's changed a LOT since closed beta. they've streamlined the classes and such, among other things.

and I hear you on being a technician. it's hard work, and even if your team is winning, it feels like you're losing. I played Pathfinder almost exclusively at first, but I've branched out. unlocked Raider recently... it's pretty nifty, if situational. I'll have to keep playing to see if I like it well enough to main it.

it's changed a LOT since closed beta. they've streamlined the classes and such, among other things.

Thank God for that, really. The alpha I played at PAX Prime back in 2011 was completely miserable compared to what we've got now.

• Brohoof 1

New Brute weapons update today. for some reason, Brute is super frustrating to fight against now. kind of wish I could get some XP refunded and build my Soldier, Tech, and Pathfinder classes better. although I do enjoy playing Raider from time to time. been playing Technician in tandem with my friend who plays Doombringer most of the time lately.

• Brohoof 1

Just a heads-up for all the tribal folks here, the amount of XP you earn in game has been doubled through May 29th. Good time to play and get some stuff unlocked. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Just a heads-up for all the tribal folks here, the amount of XP you earn in game has been doubled through May 29th. Good time to play and get some stuff unlocked. ;)

There goes my night of sleep </3. x)

A Tribes Ascend thread? Have my foals.

ALL OF THEM.

Name's ArcaneCarrot

Sorry for the delay. Added to the thread. :)

• Brohoof 1

This seems to be ripping off Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

It would be more accurate to say that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is ripping off Tribes, in that case - the Tribes franchise has been around since 1998.

• Brohoof 2

It would be more accurate to say that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is ripping off Tribes, in that case - the Tribes franchise has been around since 1998.

Cool! I learned something new today. :)

From now on this song will always be on whilst I ski around pushing sandrakers off my world.

Finally played again today from being on hiatus from Tribes. I am embarrassingly out of practice, I must go faster.

• Brohoof 1

Why are Tribes memes so funny? XD

Because shazbot.

Posted Image

I just played a trio of matches and got absolutely annihilated. I don't feel good anymore, really. Couldn't hit anything, was pretty embarrassing when my greatest achievement was shooting an enemy turret from long distance with the spinfusor.

• Brohoof 4

I just played a trio of matches and got absolutely annihilated. I don't feel good anymore, really. Couldn't hit anything, was pretty embarrassing when my greatest achievement was shooting an enemy turret from long distance with the spinfusor.

Yeah... I need to get back into Tribes this summer. I used to be that one guy who'd come outta nowhere traveling at 306 mph and snag the flag as it respawned. Now I'm just a wannabe shazbot...

On the sunny side, I've gotten WAY better at CS:S!

post-2915-0-31652300-1339387359.gif

• 3 weeks later...

"new" weapons? eh. they're alright

I was hoping for a soldier spinfusor or pistol variant. Got a AR and thumper variants instead. :[

I was also hoping for some new TDM maps - I realize that they're focusing primarily on CTF, but they really ought to throw a bone or two to those of us that are primarily interested in nothing more than mass murder TDM.

Also, while I'm listing out what I want, I hope they add some of the social features that Tribes 2 had (in-game clans, etc), and a few more of the old game modes. I want Team Hunters back, please.

So... Tribes Ascend is now available as a Free to Play game on Steam!

For those interested in tossing a couple bucks out, there's a special deal going on right now on the Steam store for it,

Perfect for new players, the Steam Starter Pack includes: A lifetime 50% XP Boost, 4 Bonus Weapons for base classes, 2 class unlocks, 4 Perks, and 800 Tribes Gold.

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends July 4th

Well worth it, I'd say!

• Brohoof 2

I was hoping for a soldier spinfusor or pistol variant. Got a AR and thumper variants instead. :[

I was also hoping for some new TDM maps - I realize that they're focusing primarily on CTF, but they really ought to throw a bone or two to those of us that are primarily interested in nothing more than mass murder TDM.

Also, while I'm listing out what I want, I hope they add some of the social features that Tribes 2 had (in-game clans, etc), and a few more of the old game modes. I want Team Hunters back, please.

So... Tribes Ascend is now available as a Free to Play game on Steam!

For those interested in tossing a couple bucks out, there's a special deal going on right now on the Steam store for it,

Well worth it, I'd say!

Its on Steam now?

I already have Tribes Ascend Downloaded but I want to move it into Steam. What do?

Its on Steam now?

I already have Tribes Ascend Downloaded but I want to move it into Steam. What do?

Just go to the Steam store, download it, and go through the in-game login process like you would normally - the only real difference is that you're launching it via Steam (and thus have access to the Steam overlay, etc), rather than the HiRez launcher.

• Brohoof 1

oh man, this is pretty nice. two free-to-play games that I quite like, Vindictus and now this, on steam. go steam! also, this should help get exposure to more people, hopefully. mmmm fresh meat.... muahahaha

• Brohoof 1

I once again have finally got back into Tribing. It took me a while but I finally got into the swing of things and resumed getting a few blue plates, double kills and all that jazz. Also begun getting used to not skiing whilst in mid-air, it really speeds everything up and saves your life.

Been playing with Zoop and later on, Toast will be playing with Vexx as soon as his internet gets in gear and finishes all the Tribes updates.

Here's a fun little encounter Toast and I had:

Posted Image

Also, a healthy dose of Tribes videos:

• Brohoof 4

This just in; I have finally got myself the Raider for a solid 18,000XP. Played a couple of Team Deathmatch rounds with it, and I'm already impressed and quite happy. I've noticed it shines more in CTF where it can mess with the enemy's defenses.

I've also come to notice it's not very effective at chasing, for if you miss you're likely to get three of your own sticky grenades in your face. Lessons learned. Can't wait to upgrade him further :D

• Brohoof 1

I do play this game but only in South America/ Brazil region, it's kind of annoying to play in another region.

I do enjoy this game and my favorite class is the Infiltrator.