What instrument(s) do you play?

Flicker Sweet

I played the cello in middle and high school. I haven't played since then but I really wanna get back into it. I still have all of my music from back then.

Also wanna learn to play guitar and drums cuz I'm a huge metalhead though.

• Brohoof 2

I guess it's debatable whether a singer would be classified as a musician, I think as far as definition goes it can be, but some may prefer the term "vocalist" or some such.

I personally have no real opinion on the matter, I think both could be correct really.

I just felt like throwing in I knew a teacher at my school named Balthazar once ;p.

Out of pure curiousity, what type of guitar do you have now?

I've only been trying to teach myself guitar around a month and a half or so now really, so I'm not really even super knowledgable when it comes to guitars, but i'm still curious.

Right now I have a pretty basic Guitar, A Squire Strat by Fender. It's a black and white one, i've seen others who first learn guitar having ones very similar or just like them. (Had a friend selling one who bought it but never learned.) 

I don't even play it plugged in half the time though, because my amp is kinda crappy ;p, it's pretty cheap, but I got it and the guitar for a pretty decent deal. I figure i'll get better stuff once I start to learn much more.

First, yes I quoted everything because its effort doing shit on ipad. Second, the guitar I have is an Epiphone les paul special ii. So where squire is basically a cheap fender, epiphone is a cheap Gibson. And my friend has a fender strat in black and white I think is the colour. Though I'd prefer something different. Also when I'm good at guitar, I wanna learn bass. It just seems fun too.
  • Brohoof 1

First, yes I quoted everything because its effort doing shit on ipad. Second, the guitar I have is an Epiphone les paul special ii. So where squire is basically a cheap fender, epiphone is a cheap Gibson. And my friend has a fender strat in black and white I think is the colour. Though I'd prefer something different. Also when I'm good at guitar, I wanna learn bass. It just seems fun too.

It's ok, i understand exactly what you mean, when i'm on my phone on the forums, many things are a pain ;p.

And ah, ok, that makes sense. I figure starting cheap is better anyways, just in case I don't get dedicated enough to really learn. And there are some things that can be really frustrating, so i can see why many quit at learning guitar.(Things like, Barre chords... evil...)

I think Black and white is a pretty common color for guitars in general maybe ;p.

I might've liked a different color personally, but I figured i got a pretty decent deal on it since I got it from my cousin who never bought it but never learned. 

And yeah, i wanna learn Bass too after I learn guitar, I know it's different, but I feel like it's still similar enough that I could learn it easier for sure once I know how to play guitar. So i figure if I won't have to much trouble, why not go ahead and learn another instrument.

We shall see how that goes though I suppose ;p.

• Brohoof 1

It's ok, i understand exactly what you mean, when i'm on my phone on the forums, many things are a pain ;p.

And ah, ok, that makes sense. I figure starting cheap is better anyways, just in case I don't get dedicated enough to really learn. And there are some things that can be really frustrating, so i can see why many quit at learning guitar.(Things like, Barre chords... evil...)

I think Black and white is a pretty common color for guitars in general maybe ;p.

I might've liked a different color personally, but I figured i got a pretty decent deal on it since I got it from my cousin who never bought it but never learned. 

And yeah, i wanna learn Bass too after I learn guitar, I know it's different, but I feel like it's still similar enough that I could learn it easier for sure once I know how to play guitar. So i figure if I won't have to much trouble, why not go ahead and learn another instrument.

We shall see how that goes though I suppose ;p.

Yeah, colour is important, not as important as the guitar, but if they have a guitar in like three different colours, go for the one you like the most. I personally quite like vintage sunburst and surf green. Also there's that too, no point spending like £700 on a guitar and you never use it.

Also that will be in a minimum of 5 years I'd say doing bass. Probably longer.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, colour is important, not as important as the guitar, but if they have a guitar in like three different colours, go for the one you like the most. I personally quite like vintage sunburst and surf green. Also there's that too, no point spending like £700 on a guitar and you never use it.

Also that will be in a minimum of 5 years I'd say doing bass. Probably longer.

Yeah, I mean if I have a choice i'd pick, but in the case of the guitar I got, it was a one color deal ;p.

Technically you can repaint a guitar, but it requires a whole ton of work ;p. And making sure you don't mess anything up.

I wouldn't mind a surf green, or something of that nature. There are probably plenty colors i'd like, Purple would look cool too, idk.

i'm not a huge fan of the black and white color scheme I have to be honest, but I don't hate it either, i'm kinda indifferent on it, and like I said, it's a low priority right now.

If I did have a full choice i'd probably get a guitar in some kind of blue, or green, maybe even both, or one with something like black as an accent to it.

5 years to learn bass? Dang... That sounds like a long time, maybe I underestimated bass....

To be fair though I still have a while to go on guitar for sure.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I mean if I have a choice i'd pick, but in the case of the guitar I got, it was a one color deal ;p.

Technically you can repaint a guitar, but it requires a whole ton of work ;p. And making sure you don't mess anything up.

I wouldn't mind a surf green, or something of that nature. There are probably plenty colors i'd like, Purple would look cool too, idk.

i'm not a huge fan of the black and white color scheme I have to be honest, but I don't hate it either, i'm kinda indifferent on it, and like I said, it's a low priority right now.

If I did have a full choice i'd probably get a guitar in some kind of blue, or green, maybe even both, or one with something like black as an accent to it.

5 years to learn bass? Dang... That sounds like a long time, maybe I underestimated bass....

To be fair though I still have a while to go on guitar for sure.

yeah, many colours. Ebony looks good. Also, I meant it would be at least five years until I could start learning, as it will take me years to learn guitar.
  • Brohoof 1

I used to play Clarinet... but it got really difficult for me because I started it at a later age than usual. I quit playing it and haven't been able to play another instrument since. I really want to learn how to play the piano or the guitar though.

• Brohoof 1

yeah, many colours. Ebony looks good. Also, I meant it would be at least five years until I could start learning, as it will take me years to learn guitar.

I'm gonna be a bit biased here. I have an Ebony Strat and a Sunburst Les Paul. I don't have an issue with a strait color, but I think this looks pretty b****ing:

post-28934-0-97707200-1410666284_thumb.jpg

post-28934-0-97707200-1410666284_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Yeah. And oh ;p.

How come though? I mean I know guitar is difficult, but does it really take years to learn?

Maybe to master, but idk about to learn.

But i'm no expert really.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna be a bit biased here. I have an Ebony Strat and a Sunburst Les Paul. I don't have an issue with a strait color, but I think this looks pretty b****ing:

attachicon.gif11482_Les_Paul_Classic_Plus_Vintage_Sunburst_132710377_a.jpg

That is the same colour as my epiphone les paul. That picture, just got a few extra knobs and some fancy shit on it. Most colours are good, but there are some i like more.

Yeah. And oh ;p.

How come though? I mean I know guitar is difficult, but does it really take years to learn?

Maybe to master, but idk about to learn.

But i'm no expert really.

You have to remember im a pleb, also I'm 15, in my last year of high school, I need to get into college, get a job. So this is an awkward time to learn it.
  • Brohoof 1

That is the same colour as my epiphone les paul. That picture, just got a few extra knobs and some fancy shit on it. Most colours are good, but there are some i like more.

I have a vintage '59 Les Paul in that exact color. That's why I'm biased. I have that, and a vintage Ebony MIA Strat. I kinda have a thing for old vinyl and vintage guitars. There's quite a few I'd add to my collection.

• Brohoof 2

You have to remember im a pleb, also I'm 15, in my last year of high school, I need to get into college, get a job. So this is an awkward time to learn it.

oh, ok, I guess that makes sense. Sorry if I offended.

• Brohoof 1

I have a vintage '59 Les Paul in that exact color. That's why I'm biased. I have that, and a vintage Ebony MIA Strat. I kinda have a thing for old vinyl and vintage guitars. There's quite a few I'd add to my collection.

They sound flashy to me. (One character filler)

Piano and I suck at it. Been playing on and off for many years. I love music, I know what sounds good (a music professional told me this) and all of that, yet I have no real talent in creating music, at all. I have tried to make music and I am terrible at it. Which that sucks, I love music and it would be nice to actually make music that would make others listen to it and make then 'feel' something, anything. That most likely will never happen though.

I've been playing the clarinet since grade 10. I joined the school band after getting lessons from my cousin for about a year and I was a member until I graduated. I'd love to join my local symphony orchestra once I get a job because I really enjoy playing music in a group. Heck, even joining a small group of 4-5 would be nice.

I've also started playing a harmonica I found a while ago off and on. I wouldn't necessarily say I know how to play it, but I can figure out how to play songs on it pretty easily. I play a note or chord and I jump into the first thing that comes to mind. Somehow I ended up playing Puff the Magic Dragon the other day :P

Common... No one? Really? Does it have to be me. Ok...

tumblr_m0avmm99bS1qaajwq.jpg

No Detective Butler, Mayonnaise is not an instrument.

Horse radish is not an instrument either.

Speaking of this, instruments like the trumpet and whatnot have never interested me. Mainly piano and strings but I have no chance at all with string instruments. Meh, I am just hopeless with music in general.

• Brohoof 1

No Detective Butler, Mayonnaise is not an instrument.

Horse radish is not an instrument either.

Speaking of this, instruments like the trumpet and whatnot have never interested me. Mainly piano and strings but I have no chance at all with string instruments. Meh, I am just hopeless with music in general.

Eh music is a learned thing honestly. It takes discipline like everything else. And it's easier learned if it interests you for that matter. :) you may get the hang of it some day.