Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What instrument(s) do you play?

Flicker Sweet

Does playing the recorder in 4th grade count?

Just kidding. I, like everyone else here, play the guitar. I've had this decidedly common skill for about four years now.

(edited)

All of them?

Oh dear... We might be here a while...

They aren't really in order of how often I play them or my skill level in each, but I know them all good enough to play a couple simple songs on them. Bass guitar, mando, and baritone are the ones I excel in

-Baritone

-Trombone

-Tuba

-Vocals (yes it is an instrument) 

-Bass (guitar, slap, double, and upright)

-Guitar (electric, acoustic, steel, and slide)

-Mandolin

-Ukulele 

-Cello

-Violin

-Piano

-Harmonica

-Melodica 

-Accordion

-Bass drum

-Steel drum

-Washboard

-Perc (bells, xylos, glocks, and vibes)

-Djimbe

-Banjo (bluegrass and clawhammer)

-Dobro

-Box harp

-Chimes

-Sax (alto, tenor, and bari)

-Kazoo (I'm especially good at this one img-1465866-1-tongue.png)

There are more, but I either don't play them very often or I just haven't learned them good enough to include. That or I'm just forgetting them at the moment.

I would also like to add that I am studying musical theory and I do a lot of digital composing and mixing with computer software.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 1

I play Saxaphone, piano and a bit of bass. I currently play in a jazz band and base many of our songs off of My Little Pony story points (eg. Gloating Aint Got Nobody Nowhere based off of the trixie series, and Chaos is a fools word for order, and I think you can make what that one is based off of). We're great friends.

My main instrument is saxophone. Mainly alto and tenor, but I could probably play any other if I needed to.

I also play drums. I'm not too good, and I can't read sheet music for drums, but I can play to most songs.

I currently only really play Trumpet, atleast well the only one I play well really.

I also sing along to songs and the such at times, and I've been kinda researching on how to do it properly, so I try to be kinda good at it, so if that counts I guess theres that.

I also have a guitar in my room thats a bit older, its an acoustic guitar, I've been off and on learning it, I'm not really good at all, i only know like 4 chords, and I'm not very good at switching between them :P. Nor really strumming that well consistent, or up strumming especially

So yeah I'm still learning that one and don't consider myself worthwhile on it really.

I also am going to buy a keyboard soon, and learn it. So theres that.

I guess thats about it, unless I end up with my band teacher wanting me to play another instrument in band along with trumpet, like trumpet in one band and a secondary in another band, I was in the concert band this year and kids from our symphonic band did this, so if that becomes something she wants me to do or allows me to do or whatever then I might end up doing it.

Otherwise those are all the ones I have in the forseeable future or are playing.

i play an acoustic guitar, baritone electric guitar (standard B tuning), 5 string electric bass, synthetizers (just cuz), mandolin (tuned like a ukulele)

i wanna learn some drums and maybe get a bouzouki, a banjo, or maybe learn some gypsy violin.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

While the only instrument I actually own is a poor-quality second-hand acoustic guitar (with weak & unplayable strings), I've learnt how to play a bit of acoustic/bass/electric guitar, keyboard, and drums in my school's music class.

Edited by Rainboom Dash

During my band years in intermediate/junior high I played a variety of instruments

which included: Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Alto Sax, Trumpet, Keyboard(Tuba), and tried the flute. I always loved to play different instruments :3

Nowadays, I just sing. Although I am hoping on buying both a drum set and a violin at some point in the future.

I play the piano. (all pianos) 

Classic Pianos

Grand Pianos

Electric Pianos (Or Electric Keyboard, whatever you prefer)

I've been playing for about 2-3 months now. Still taking classes, but almost there. ;)

I sing at random times during the day.... XD. I'm also a really good trumpet player, which I have been playing for a little while now. I'm also a proud owner of the "Magic Piano" app XD.

I'm a pretty good guitarist (acoustic and electric), and an okay clarinetist. I also have an alto sax and a trumpet I've been meaning to learn. I can hold down a beat on drums, but nothing particularly impressive.

Interestingly enough, I play electric guitar like an acoustic and acoustic guitar like an electric. And yes, while the technique is the same, the styles are different.

In high school I played the bass trombone and tuba.  I also played the lead guitar for a while and sang in a choir too, and when I was younger I played the piano. 

Now I play the bass guitar, which I've played off and on since middle school.  I also sing, but just for fun.  

My instrument is my voice. I sadly wasn't so interested in "real" instruments. So I sang instead. I wish I took up playing the violin as a kid. Now i just don't have the time to work on that. Maybe some day...-.-.

Violin. I've publicly performed on a few occasions. Don't get me wrong, I'm still learning, but people I play for have a habit of complimenting me when I've finished playing.

That said, I'd like to try tenor sax at some point. I get the feeling I'd like it. I know I like the sound of them. smile.png

Been playing bass ever since I graduated from high school, starting with a stock 4-string starter bass (which I've recently defretted) before making the jump to a 6-string Ibanez bass. In addition, I have a 4-string acoustic Dean and a 5-string Steinberger. I'd like to think I fall somewhere between "intermediate" and "advanced". If only I weren't too lazy to practice every day...

I also picked up electric guitar back in 2010 when my friend left his 7-string Schecter in my care for a couple of years. After I returned it to him I got myself a Dean Vendetta, also 7-string. It's not the highest quality guitar, but I just need it for writing riffs. I'm fairly competent as a rhythm guitarist, per my bassist background, but as a soloist I'm absolutely wretched.

I sing a bit as well, and I've been told I sound exactly like Dave Mustaine (new Dave, can't hit any of old Dave's high notes), but it's really more for funsies than anything else.

(edited)

I have been playing the Trumpet (otherwise known as the fancy horn) for a little over nine years now. Throughout high school I was the one to play The Last Post on Anzac Day.

I currently play in a band, where we play jazz music at restaurants and such.

I can also play a bit of piano.

Edited by Solar-Karma

I used to play Guitar. However, I didn't practice hard enough, and therefore didn't see much improvement. Finally after around 4 years, I quit taking lessons. I still play every once and a while, although I'm not very good.

I'm a lot better at Piano. I don't take piano lessons anymore either, but I still like to play every now and then. I feel like I improve much more at piano than I do at guitar.

I play the Piano pretty well, I am also a reasonably good trombonist!

I tried playing the guitar but It didn't really engage me like the other instruments did, I just sit around with it randomly strumming the 5 chords that I know :P

I play the piano decent, not professionally, I sing in my choir and I'm pretty good at that (bass by far), I'm good at the recorder (and not just because of school!!) And I've been trying to get into making dubstep music lately. :)

I play flute for already eight years and alt-saxophone for about three years.

I really like them both but for difficult parts i rather prefer flute.

Well, I've played the flute for about four years now. So, I'm pretty good. :yay:

I also played the keyboard for a few years, but I stopped playing it a couple of years ago. Actually, we had prac for music a few days ago, and we had to play Amazing Grace on the keyboard. I quickly got bored and figured out how to play So Many Wonders. :P

• Brohoof 1

I play the trumpet. I love it. Best instrument. OH YEA TRUMPET REPRESENT! Some of my friends tell me that my over-inflated ego matches the instrument. I can do nothing but agree. Seems to be a instrument RD would play.

• Brohoof 1