Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite game series and why?

Evil Nightmares

Pokemon is my favorite game series. Why? It's just epic. I like to capture Pokemon and stuff. You know I don't even know why I like it. I just do. :huh:

Oh yeah! Pokemon is my second fave franchise, Mario being a close second, but yeah, Pokemon is the best RPG and best handhled game eva! the only reason to buy a Game Boy back in the date, and I loooooooooove its music so much yus! xD

(edited)

Castlevania, hands down. So many great games with great stories and great gameplay :)

Favorite game in the series would be Order of Ecclesia. It's a bit more difficult than it's former DS and GBA titles ('cept maybe CotM), and it's a real throwback to the older games, where you actually need to be able to read patterns and dodge things, because you can't just grind levels, buy potions, and tank everything like you can in DoS and PoR. Enemies hit too hard and potions are too expensive to make spamming them practical. Also, the good ending is not only just an ending, it's basically an entire extra plot line with completely new locations to fight your way through.

And it has one of the best damn Dracula fights in the series :)

By the way, inb4raronoopaagreeswithme ;)

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 2

CoD, BF3, Gears, and Halo. Best console games I have ever played. Handheld is definitely Pokemon. Computer is Spore.

I like those too but for some reason I prefer Halo over CoD, maybe coz it's like Metroid, which I play a lot. and IKR! Pokemon best handheld eva! xD

Well, I'm torn between Zelda and Mega Man.

On one hand, Ocarina of Time is the game that first made me start looking into game development, but lately I've been playing Mega Man a lot, and I love the soundtracks of the MM games.

Prolly LoZ.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Zelda, this gaming series means so much to me. Its taken me through so many adventures, somehow, despite every game being pretty much the same when you think about it, the experience for each game is unique. Following closely is Mario, the franchise that can literally do anything... and make it crazy fun. I admit some of this may be nostalgia, but who cares?

Edited by weegeez
  • Brohoof 1

Castlevania, hands down. So many great games with great stories and great gameplay :)

Favorite game in the series would be Order of Ecclesia. It's a bit more difficult than it's former DS and GBA titles ('cept maybe CotM), and it's a real throwback to the older games, where you actually need to be able to read patterns and dodge things, because you can't just grind levels, buy potions, and tank everything like you can in DoS and PoR. Enemies hit too hard and potions are too expensive to make spamming them practical. Also, the good ending is not only just an ending, it's basically an entire extra plot line with completely new locations to fight your way through.

And it has one of the best damn Dracula fights in the series :)

yeah the classic Castlevanias were epic, my fave two Castlevania games are Super Castlevania and Symphony of the Night =)

Zelda, this gaming series means so much to me. Its taken me through so many adventures, somehow, despite every game being pretty much the same when you think about it, the experience for each game is unique. Following closely is Mario, the franchise that can literally do anything... and make it crazy fun. I admit some of this may be nostalgia, but who cares?

heck yeah dude! Zelda's also my fave franchise, love the gameplay, storyline, characters, music..... u know what let's just leave it as it is perfection xD

Well, I'm torn between Zelda and Mega Man.

On one hand, Ocarina of Time is the game that first made me start looking into game development, but lately I've been playing Mega Man a lot, and I love the soundtracks of the MM games.

Prolly LoZ.

well I like Zelda better but still Megaman is tight, I remember playing that on the SNES, I dont like the new games much, same with sonic, they were better back in the 90s MM has coll music yes, I liked the classic one coz feels like playing the old school Metroid.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So yeah this will be my first blog thingy and I've been answering blogs about gaming so I was wondering, what is your fave game series and what makes it your favorite? My favorite franchise is Zelda, but have others like Pokemon, Starfox, Metroid, Kirby, Mario, Smash Bros, Resident Evil Metal Gear Solid, Mortal Kombat, Prince of Persia, Silent Hill, and many others, so what's yours? :o

Def. the zelda series! I can't think of a game that I did not enjoy! I loved the n64 era of gaming though so epic :)!! Still got mine till this day and play it from time to time!

Wait a second I forgot to mention the Jak Trilogy ;)

Edited by GoneAirbourne
  • Brohoof 1

I have to say that my most favorite has to be Assassin's Creed hands down. Played all of the games in the series and can't wait for AC3!

• Brohoof 1

my favourite is mario, it's been part of me my whole life, i love the creativity of the game worlds and characters, i

always found it to be so much fun to play. i like the simplicity of the gameplay, and i think the characters are cool.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmm...Pokemon is cool, but not cool enough. A lot of my favorite series are very action oriented.

My favorites include:

The Twisted Metal series, because each character is very unique and have very good back stories as to why they enter the tournament, and even Calypso has a good back story. It's basically got all the bases covered when it comes to story (well TM3 and 4 were an exception), and I do like that. It's got a good storyline without boring me to death. And the gameplay is just phenominal. The ways you can obliterate your opponents are amazing. The only limit is your imagination (and maybe skill and knowledge of how the game works).

The Metal Slug series is another series I really liked. It's story is not very strong. But these games pack more action than MW3. The absurdity of the games is also a standout feature. Feel like fighting giant jellyfish and submarines while giant eels in cages pop out from the reef? Metal Slug 3 is your answer. That and Metal Slug has one of the most epic announcers ever. And really, the only other run n' gun series that compete with it is Contra.

The Raiden Fighters series is also another game series that always stood out from the sea of shmups. Just from the amazing variety of ships you can use and the fact that you actually do have to keep in mind of stats and the ships' abilities. Do you want a really fast and weak ship? Or do you want a tank ship? It's all up to you. And the scoring system is simple and engaging.

Other favorites include a bunch of fighters such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, and Melty Blood.

And the last fave series is Sonic the mother friggin' Hedgehog. In my opinion if Sonic would of kept the core gameplay style and not branch off to stupid crap, it would destroy a lot of the new franchises out there. No question. Sonic is the best franchise I played. It's such as shame that it's gone to the deep depths of the abyss. But, with the plethora of Sonic extremists out there, Sonic is never going to die. And to me that's a good and bad thing.

Lastly, I need to give a shoutout to the Jet Moto series. The music, the characters, the stages, they all have that really cool vibe, where it's futuristic, but it's not TOO far ahead of our time. Jet Moto 1 had music that would make Dick Dale proud. Jet Moto 2 had a level where you went through heaven and hell. Sure, the learning curve was steep, but it is such a unique concept that it really needs a second chance. That and Team Mountain Dew composed of hot babes, what guy isn't a fan of that?

Edited by Paint-It-Blak
  • Brohoof 2

My favorite game series will have to be The Elder Scrolls. Each game of the series from Arena to Skyrim, were awesome. Each had their faults, but more than made up for it in their own way. Morrowind, for example, was lacking in great combat, but more than made up for it with story, and music. Almost vice-versa Skyrim lacked an amazing story, but made up for the awesome combat and beautiful environments.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...Pokemon is cool, but not cool enough. A lot of my favorite series are very action oriented.

My favorites include:

The Twisted Metal series, because each character is very unique and have very good back stories as to why they enter the tournament, and even Calypso has a good back story. It's basically got all the bases covered when it comes to story (well TM3 and 4 were an exception), and I do like that. It's got a good storyline without boring me to death. And the gameplay is just phenominal. The ways you can obliterate your opponents are amazing. The only limit is your imagination (and maybe skill and knowledge of how the game works).

The Metal Slug series is another series I really liked. It's story is not very strong. But these games pack more action than MW3. The absurdity of the games is also a standout feature. Feel like fighting giant jellyfish and submarines while giant eels in cages pop out from the reef? Metal Slug 3 is your answer. That and Metal Slug has one of the most epic announcers ever. And really, the only other run n' gun series that compete with it is Contra.

The Raiden Fighters series is also another game series that always stood out from the sea of shmups. Just from the amazing variety of ships you can use and the fact that you actually do have to keep in mind of stats and the ships' abilities. Do you want a really fast and weak ship? Or do you want a tank ship? It's all up to you. And the scoring system is simple and engaging.

Other favorites include a bunch of fighters such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, and Melty Blood.

And the last fave series is Sonic the mother friggin' Hedgehog. In my opinion if Sonic would of kept the core gameplay style and not branch off to stupid crap. It would destroy a lot of the new franchises out there. No question. Sonic is the best franchise I played. It's such as shame that it's gone to the deep depths of the abyss. But, with the plethora of Sonic extremists out there, Sonic is never going to die. And to me that's a good and bad thing.

Lastly, I need to give a shoutout to the Jet Moto series. The music, the characters, the stages, they all have that really cool vibe, where it's futuristic, but it's not TOO far ahead of our time. Jet Moto 1 had music that would make Dick Dale proud. Jet Moto 2 had a level where you went through heaven and hell. Sure, the learning curve was steep, but it is such a unique concept that really needs a second chance. That and Team Mountain Dew composed of hot babes, what guy isn't a fan of that?

Well to me Pokemon is really cool but man! gotta agree with u in some stuff, Metal Slug FTW! best arcade game ever, its like Contra but with comic mischief, and I agree with all fighting games u mentioned, Mortal Kombat is epic, I have always played as either Scorpion or Sub-Zero. Guilty Gear has EPIC music, Ky Kiske is my character for dat game, ok yo, see ya around.

my favourite is mario, it's been part of me my whole life, i love the creativity of the game worlds and characters, i

always found it to be so much fun to play. i like the simplicity of the gameplay, and i think the characters are cool.

yeah Mario is part of my childhood, as it was my first game, my fave mario game is Mario 64, but man Mario RPG was just as epic, I want a sequel to it X3

I have to say that my most favorite has to be Assassin's Creed hands down. Played all of the games in the series and can't wait for AC3!

I'm more tied to Nintendo since it is the game company I grew up with but I've played Assassin's Creed as well, gotta agree that is epic, only bad thing is dat it will be on Wii U, dont get me wrong I love Nintendo systems but wii is just not the system for it X3

(edited)

valkyria chronicles is my favorite. awesome story great characters amazing gameplay wonderful soundtrack there is not one thing i dont like about it. and isara is one of my favorite characters of all time. after vc would be zelda

Edited by leo dash
  • Brohoof 1

valkyria chronicles is my favorite. awesome story great characters amazing gameplay wonderful soundtrack there is not one thing i dont like about it. and isara is one of my favorite characters of all time. after vc would be zelda

well at least Zelda is ur second, I value your opinion yo, If u like Valkyria Chronicles for it's music perhaps u like Zelda for the same thing, epic music =D

(edited)

CoD, BF3, Gears, and Halo. Best console games I have ever played.

You clearly have never touched a SNES. Chrono Trigger? A Link To The Past? Earthbound? SUPER METROID?

My favorite series(es?) are Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Fallout, Pikmin, Mario, Metroid, and of course, Ace Attorney.

Edited by Haruhi Suzumiya

(edited)

I don't know if I could choose a favorite... It's too close to call, but if I had to choose it would be something like...

1. Metroid/Zelda/Kingdom Hearts

1.5. Pokemon/Super Smash Bros/Tales (only tales of symphonia/phantasia)

2. Animal Crossing

2.5. Kid Icarus

3. Everything else can go here

Oh yeah I have to say why... Hmm...

Well Metroid is awesome, I love the atmosphere of those games, the powerups and exploration and just the atmosphere in general. I also love the story of samus and I wish Nintendo would make a game focusing more on her growing up because I think theres a ton of potential there

Kingdom Hearts has a great story, it's fun to get new abilities and level up and explore the different worlds. Although Square Enix brought the quality down from the first game in my opinion.

And Zelda.. What to say about Zelda... It's just one of those game series that's all around awesome. Awesome stoof, awesome places to go, awesome stories, awesome villains, awesome puzzles, and its very creative and fun to play.

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

You clearly have never touched a SNES. Chrono Trigger? A Link To The Past? Earthbound? SUPER METROID?

My favorite series(es?) are Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Fallout, Pikmin, Mario, Metroid, and of course, Ace Attorney.

No I played them, they're just not my style

No I played them, they're just not my style

So actual good games aren't your style? What an odd style.

One that likes bad games but dislikes good games.

Hey Hey Hey, Chill out don't get on his case about his opinion :(

I've played those games myself & I KIND OF enjoyed them, they're just not for me

MY personal faves are the Ratchet & Clank series & the Sonic Series

Ratchet & Clank because of all of the weapons they've had over the years & the evolution of the RYNO

The sonic series because of all the levels they've had & the fact that it's a rather fast paced game :3

My favourite series is probably CoD.

Its just kick-ass! I really liked the old ones with the World Wars and stuff! :D

Second : GTA.......I just wanted to say that.... :P

(edited)

My favorite gaming series are Pokemon, Megaman Battle Network, and Megaman Star Force, also The Tales seres. My favorite would have to be Tales of Vesperia.

I like the Battle Network game and Star Force because they are just easy to win and Pokemon is just fun. As for Tales Of Vesperia, it's just a good long game to play and the charters are cool.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Pokemon was pretty much the staple of my childhood. I played and beat at least one game from every generation up to Gen V. I even beat crystal with a level 90 Typhlosion and used the other six in my party just to use revives on it.

I don't know if I could choose a favorite... It's too close to call, but if I had to choose it would be something like...

1. Metroid/Zelda/Kingdom Hearts

1.5. Pokemon/Super Smash Bros/Tales (only tales of symphonia/phantasia)

2. Animal Crossing

2.5. Kid Icarus

3. Everything else can go here

Oh yeah I have to say why... Hmm...

Well Metroid is awesome, I love the atmosphere of those games, the powerups and exploration and just the atmosphere in general. I also love the story of samus and I wish Nintendo would make a game focusing more on her growing up because I think theres a ton of potential there

Kingdom Hearts has a great story, it's fun to get new abilities and level up and explore the different worlds. Although Square Enix brought the quality down from the first game in my opinion.

And Zelda.. What to say about Zelda... It's just one of those game series that's all around awesome. Awesome stoof, awesome places to go, awesome stories, awesome villains, awesome puzzles, and its very creative and fun to play.

Kingdom hearts was also a huge staple in my childhood and I really and truly cannot wait for KH3...KH: Dream Drop Distance is going to suck though

look they are good games. I just like FPS games better. The others arent for me.

look they are good games. I just like FPS games better. The others arent for me.

Fine whatever. *Grumble Grumble* Whatever play your copy paste shooters *grumble grumble grumble*

Eh.