Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

I... I don't even know how to respond to that... I... you make me sad. :(:P Skyrim is best Elder Scrolls. ;)

I prefer the Gears of War series way above CoD and Halo.

It seems that a very popular, unpopular opinion on here is the hate of swearing, therefore I'll post an unpopular opinion by saying that I don't see a problem with swearing. Just seems like another word to me. What's the difference between if you say sex and f***? Or poop and s***? (Respectfully censored for those people who don't like swearing. ;) )

I REALLY dislike Babs Seed.

@@Motion Spark this isn't really unpopular, but One Direction is pretty bad imo... ;)

Like our little friend, Clari ;)?

- I'd rather watch a CoD livestream than watch most TV show out there

- I don't like it when someone complains about a video game and then says "why don't you play games that actually deserve it?". It annoys me a lot. Not at the same level as "overrated" and "I don't get why people like this" and all that junk. I think it's because they're pressuring other players to check out games they probably have no interest in.

- I feel bad for many people, even just a tiny bit for terrible ones, like terrorists. Why? Because you know they could've had a better life, but they make stupid decisions and skewer their future into a dark, twisted one.

• Brohoof 2

I never really liked gears. there was little story and zero character development.

Your post just made me cry. Well no, but my jaw did literally drop. I suppose I should respect your opinion but I want to point out that Gears of War, to me anyway, had some of the best character development I've ever seen. The bond that forms between Marcus, Dom, Cole, and Baird is unlike any other, hence brothers to the end. Their personalities are all so different yet built so well into each others.

Sorry, I went a little fanboy. :P;)

I think Linux is a waste of time, and is less secure than Windows 98

I understand and respect your opinion, however Linux being less secure than Windows 98 is nonsensical,

Windows 98 is no longer supported(and hasn’t been for 6 years) and thus cannot realistically be more secure than a OS kernel that people worldwide are actively working on as we speak.

But anyway i guess ill give some of my opinions:

-I don’t see the huge deal of tablets to this day, for the amount you pay i would rather get a netbook/laptop

that i have far more control over to do what i please with my device.

-I prefer vanilla to chocolate.

-Mac OSX isn’t that great as people make it sound, the impenetrable security is a myth like any OS (even Linux), you get more power and control out of a Linux or BSD(which a portion of XNU code is based off of).

-Most people have no idea what hacking really is. The kind of hacking people see in movies is very unrealistic, there is a difference from a black box hacker(the "bad" kind) and someone who enjoys to learn more about how something works.

-Just because a video game is hard doesn’t mean its bad.

-You don't have to be a nerd/geek to use a Linux OS, There are plenty of distributions out there known for ease of use. Plenty even with a Windows-Like GUI.

-Just because a system has a lower CPU clock frequency doesn’t mean it will preform worse, there are more elements in a computer system that will work out its performance ability.

-There are no such thing as hardcore or casual gamers, you are not a better person than anyone else because you play more video games then they do. There are games meant for people who play games more (gamers) that are deeper and those that are simple in their nature(for non-gamers) but they are both games and can both be played as much or little as you want, I personally may be able to speedrun Super Mario Bros. and never die or get hit once but i am not superior to the stay at home mother who plays facebook games. Video Games are for enjoyment not a social status.

-Wii is a fantastic video game console, many masterful games exist on the platform and many great classics from the past can even be purchased from the Virtual Console service.

Well that is as much as i felt like ranting today, maybe another day something else will peeve me enough to make another post in this topic. :D

Edited by superponylinux
  • Brohoof 1

@Motion Spark this isn't really unpopular, but One Direction is pretty bad imo...

Justin Bieber is a girl always has been, One Direction sucks balls...

yeah it isn't unpopular, they are hated all over the world, hence we make them rich with our hate. They have more money than all of us together and they couldn't care less about what you or me think.

Well, I don't know what it's SO bad about them and sorry for what I said in the pictures thread.

What really makes me mad is when people say something "sucks" just because they are not a fan of it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks!!! Seriously!!! That crap makes me so angry >_<

truth to be told, I despise your best pony with all my being but I love reading at your posts and I love the way you think about stuff.
  • Brohoof 3

Justin Bieber is a girl always has been, One Direction sucks balls...

yeah it isn't unpopular, they are hated all over the world, hence we make them rich with our hate. They have more money than all of us together and they couldn't care less about what you or me think.

Well, I don't know what it's SO bad about them and sorry for what I said in the pictures thread.

It's funny, 'cause Yahoo made a poll on whether you like or hated JB, and of course, over 95% of the votes were "Fuck no" :P.

Believe it or not, I'm on JB's side. I mean, I don't listen to anything he makes, but, he seems like a cool guy once you get to know him, and I also get slightly irritated at how much hate he gets. Funny how he doesn't seem to mind it much, though. He's got a "don't give a fuck" attitude about it for the most part.

It's funny, 'cause Yahoo made a poll on whether you like or hated JB, and of course, over 95% of the votes were "Fuck no" :P.

Believe it or not, I'm on JB's side. I mean, I don't listen to anything he makes, but, he seems like a cool guy once you get to know him, and I also get slightly irritated at how much hate he gets. Funny how he doesn't seem to mind it much, though. He's got a "don't give a fuck" attitude about it for the most part.

I hate baby like you don't have any idea, but I think that his newer songs are fine, and I enjoyed them I can't deny. It's funny how you talked about him like if you know him from years and been his friend for a lot of time, do you actually know him?

I hate baby like you don't have any idea, but I think that his newer songs are fine, and I enjoyed them I can't deny. It's funny how you talked about him like if you know him from years and been his friend for a lot of time, do you actually know him?

No. I don't think he'd like a place as very hot yet also very cold as Charlotte :P.

Besides, I usually like to give someone the benefit of the doubt and assume he's nice.

• Brohoof 1

See, I sort of agree with you which is a pretty unpopular opinion on the internet at least. Sure, I think his music is overrated not that great but he is a pretty chill guy. my cousin got to meet him backstage one time and told me about how he sat down with her and the rest of them and they talked and chilled like they were all friends and all.

My problem with that however is that there's much more talented musicians out there who are just as cool guys and love heir fans and really appreciate them, like Devin Townsend. If you ask me, these are the people that deserve the attention and recognition.

More unpopular opinions? Okay!

• The American school system is corrupt and deceitful
  • Presidential elections are corrupt and take advantage of certain states while leaving others absolutely powerless
  • In all truth, you're most likely not going to become famous or make much of a difference in this world. It's the little things you do that matter the most.
  • People who use religion as an excuse to have an opinion is wrong to me. I understand and respect your religion but why should what you think stop another person from being happy or having their own opinion.
  • Dubstep is a pretty bad genre of electronic music. Try some hardstyle or trance.
  • Screaming/ growling makes a song better if done well, no matter the genre.
  • Brohoof 1

See, I sort of agree with you which is a pretty unpopular opinion on the internet at least. Sure, I think his music is overrated not that great but he is a pretty chill guy. my cousin got to meet him backstage one time and told me about how he sat down with her and the rest of them and they talked and chilled like they were all friends and all.

My problem with that however is that there's much more talented musicians out there who are just as cool guys and love heir fans and really appreciate them, like Devin Townsend. If you ask me, these are the people that deserve the attention and recognition.

More unpopular opinions? Okay!

• The American school system is corrupt and deceitful
  • Presidential elections are corrupt and take advantage of certain states while leaving others absolutely powerless
  • In all truth, you're most likely not going to become famous or make much of a difference in this world. It's the little things you do that matter the most.
  • People who use religion as an excuse to have an opinion is wrong to me. I understand and respect your religion but why should what you think stop another person from being happy or having their own opinion.
  • Dubstep is a pretty bad genre of electronic music. Try some hardstyle or trance.
  • Screaming/ growling makes a song better if done well, no matter the genre.

That's the thing. I can guarentee you if JB wasn't a musicion, the people who would actually know him would really like him. Same goes for famous people who are nice but just simply do not do the good at their job. Popularity, man, it can be bad many times ;).

• Brohoof 2

he seems like a cool guy once you get to know him,

And you know him personally? I don't think so. What makes you think he's a "cool guy"?

Also, maybe I would respect him more if he actually made creative music instead of generic pop music.

Edited by RainbowDash92
  • Brohoof 1

And you know him personally? I don't think so. What makes you think he's a "cool guy"?

Also, maybe I would respect him more if he actually made creative music instead of generic pop music.

I said "seems" like one. I never said he actually "is" a cool guy (Cool as in fun to be around).

Also, I think it's stupid you'd judge and disrespect someone because you hate their music style (Unless their music style is, like, glorifying Nazism and suicide and stuff like that, and those songs don't appear often at all). Very very stupid indeed.

Edited by spas-ticShotty

I'm not a big fan of Ocarina of Time (sue me), I actually liked Civilization 5, Apple really sucks, I like the song "What's New Pussycat?" but only not when it's repeated 11 times in a row (whoever gets that reference is awesome).

I said "seems" like one. I never said he actually "is" a cool guy (Cool as in fun to be around).

Also, I think it's stupid you'd judge and disrespect someone because you hate their music style (Unless their music style is, like, glorifying Nazism and suicide and stuff like that, and those songs don't appear often at all). Very very stupid indeed.

I never once said that I disrespect him. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but I dislike his genre of music. I was just saying I would respect him more if he was a more talented musician.

I hate facial hair. I know I already responded about this but seriously! What is with the mustache thing?! And No shave November?! It is awful. Few people can carry facial hair, with my friends who are growing(trying) a mustache or beard It's just like AGH I love(platonic) them but it just...I hate facial hair. Neck-Beards, Mustaches, Goatees, Etc...

You are a teenager, STOP.

I guess this is kind of an unpopular opinion, but I don't like it when people assume I'm the majority. Like in this thread. Two people said vulgarity is fine because they think that my opinion is actually popular. One person, me, said vulgarity is bad, and two people assume that everyone thinks swearing is bad. I'm not two people or more.

And also, around the forums, some people assume that ALL Applejack fans are the most rabid, when it's just me.

• Brohoof 4

Like in this thread. Two people said vulgarity is fine because they think that my opinion is actually popular. One person, me, said vulgarity is bad, and two people assume that everyone thinks swearing is bad.

Actually, I was going off what you said in this thread as well as what Scootacool and Dimitri and a few others said in the "Little things no one knows about me" thread. Them along with some others also referred to the fact they hate vulgarity.

;)

• Brohoof 1

I guess this is kind of an unpopular opinion, but I don't like it when people assume I'm the majority. Like in this thread. Two people said vulgarity is fine because they think that my opinion is actually popular. One person, me, said vulgarity is bad, and two people assume that everyone thinks swearing is bad. I'm not two people or more.

And also, around the forums, some people assume that ALL Applejack fans are the most rabid, when it's just me.

Considering how you try to avoid mainstream stuff (Which is one thing I kinda don't like about you, but I still luvs yah ;)), this doesn't come as a shock to me :P.

• Brohoof 1

Well one has to only look at my name to know my unpopular opinion, at least around these parts. I have nothing against the forums or most of the fans, but I just don't care for the show.

Wait... What?

... I think I'm going over there *points to a dark lonely corner* and I'm going to cry now. :(

Nah just kidding, that's fine. Im not actually going to cry.

(I hope my lies about not crying is making you feel better)

I'm not religious, my girlfriend is Mormon (I still respect her beliefs ^_^), dubstep makes everything better, torrents are very scary and I don't trust them (I'm downloading one this moment anyway), I hate politics and politicians, I love winter, colder temperatures allow me to do anything, MLP has saved my life! Halo is best, I grew up on Microsoft and it will stay that way, Xbox has better software while PlayStation has better hardware, Xbox's and PlayStation's differences don't matter! Call of Duty is more realistic and fast paced, while Halo is more futuristic and slow paced, CoD and Halo can both be enjoyed without a fight, the Internet is insane!

- I also don't like swearing ( but I don't bug people about it too much). Seriously MLP made me stop :D

- I don't care much for cakes but I love chocolate

- Sun is the best and I love it

- I don't like when people are stereotyping Rainbow as homo colour

- My fav colour is Rainbow ^^

- Don't like trolls unless their trolling is friendly and they know when to stop

- I don't like when people are acting in a certain way, just to be cool

Here's some more opinions from me:

-I don't like any kind of electronic music (for the most part)

-I don't like those popular brony musicians that everyone loves for some reason

-I don't really care much for Bab Seeds (I think that's her name :huh: )

-I think Oblivion was more fun than Skyrim. I think Skyrim is kind of boring.

-I thought MW3 was really boring compared to previous MW games

-I think reading is boring (for the most part)

-I think most pop music is complete garbage

-McDonald's is the worst restaurant ever (I never cared for their food)

Mass Effect 3's ending was good before the extended cut, all the extended cut did was explain what I had already assumed. Following that, the Synthesis ending is the best one. She essentially becomes mother to the universe, sounds good to me (oh I played a Femshep so yeah 'she' in my game).

I dislike Minecraft, or rather I can't get on with it, this also goes for Twitter.

Automatic gear boxes are for lazy drivers, learn to drive properly!

Football (soccer) is a boring sport to watch, its fun to play though.

Football (American) is incorrectly named, seriously how often do you actually kick the ball? Also its rugby for pansies :P

Ice hockey is awesome, thats a unpopular opinion in the UK.

Hitler while a very very very very (ad infinitum) bad person was actually a very good leader. I don't agree with what he did but he did manage to single handedly bring a broken and impoverished country together and make it a superpower.