Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is extremely underrated and awesome.

-Dubstep is the scourge of the Earth. Bad bad stuff.

-I hate a lot of Cartoon Network shows. Annoying orange and MAD, namely. MAD is basically robot chicken but "filtered" for children.

-Pinkie Pie is my least favorite pony.

• Brohoof 1

Vanellope von Schweetz is an annoying turdbasket. She's not "charming", she's not "lovably quirky", she's grating and insufferable. I don't care if she's the queen of "California Gurls Kart Racing" or whatever the game was called, her personality is like eating cinnamon-laden sandpaper.

AND HER VOICE. She always sounds like a smug little weasel. I don't find her entertaining in the slightest. I have no idea why she's so popular. I wish Ralph would have smashed her when he had the chance...

*gasp* blasphemy!

Lol, JK :P, although the question "I have no idea why she's so popular" is pretty darn stupid, IMO (That could be the unpopular opinion here). The reason for this is usually people say this when they're hating on something. She's very cutesy and adorable to most people (Not for you, as I can tell), 2 reasons why she's so popular.

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 1

Glow-in-the-dark things are scary.

Cherries are the worst food on the face of the earth, and we should chop the trees into extinction.

Butterflies are ugly.

Newspaper comic strips, amazingly, manage to be less funny than every other section in the newspaper.

I thought I'd have more, but I can't think of anything, right now...

I think quite the opposite of that. If someone says something that offends you it's just your problem, if he/she's not being verbally aggressive or attacking you that way but just expressing his/her thoughts. In that way everyone can say that everything offends them and everyone would go nuts in that case.

- Babies aren't cute

- Coffee is the drink of gods

- I'm not into Star Wars... never seen anything about it

- I never seen Dragon Ball

- I'm not a Pokemon fan... I've seen couple episodes of the show as a kid but nothing special. Never gone nuts about it.

- Water is way better than any soda(although I sometimes have an major urge to drink Mountain Dew)(Juices are lot better then sodas too)

- Animal fat is way worse then floral

- Animal chow can be eaten by human without any harm( although it's not nutritious)

- Doubt can destroy anything that could be great in the future and every plan and even sense of life( it's evil)

I agree. Babies really aren't cute, coffee is awful and animal fat is disgusting.

Edited by Clover Heart

-The whole "Love and tolerance" thing is stupid. Watching a show about ponies doesn't mean you have to be nice to everyone and accept them. It just means that you like a show about ponies.

-BC Rich make terrible instruments.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)
  • Brohoof 3

I agree with all of Adam Carolla's political statements and opinions. I would be a bit more polite when making some of his statements, but he bluntly and simply states how I feel

I don't have a Facebook and don't plan on getting one,

I'd rather drive an SUV than a compact car (Lincoln Aviator > Chevrolet Spark)

I could care less about my K/D ratio in Call of Duty,

Cadillac is my favorite car company,

I hate mainstream pop,

I wish Citroens were sold in the U.S. again, I love the C6

Edited by Rolls Royce
  • Brohoof 3

She's very cutesy and adorable to most ponies (Unlike you)

Was that supposed to be an insult? Do try harder, I'm not that sensitive anymore. Also, why would I care if I was cute and adorable? I'm a man! I don't want to be cute!

Legos are the worst invention ever. How are you supposed to play with something that falls apart any time you touch it? My poor son keeps coming to me and making me fix his "cop car" because it breaks whenever it rams the burglar.

I'm pro-life. But I don't believe pro-life beliefs should be written into law... that's way too slippery of a slope. Instead I wish the population as a whole would believe that abortion is wrong except under life or death circumstances.

Was that supposed to be an insult? Do try harder, I'm not that sensitive anymore. Also, why would I care if I was cute and adorable? I'm a man! I don't want to be cute!

Actually, it wasn't supposed to be one.

I should also mention that you misread mah post. When I said that line, I meant Vanny is cute and adorable to most people, but NOT for you (And to some others).

Ventellopes is an absolutely annoying character that is one hundred percent, truly overrated, and I think that she's quite ugly.

Dude, I thought you haven't seen the movie yet :P.

And of course @Clarity brohooves yours :lol: (She be trying to troll me, yes she is)

Now for MAH unpopular one.

.............hmmm.............................I'm not interested in the Walking Dead? Everyone talks about it but I don't feel like watching it one bit. Maybe it's good, but whatever, I don't want to watch it, so I have no opinion on it. Just, if you ask me to watch it, expect me to say "Nu-uh".

Believe me, AJ is so disliked that I bet many people love "Vanny" a lot more than they like a cartoon character with little to no personality.

Ha, there's another unpopular opinion in itself. I love Applejack more than ventellopes, and I mean a LOT more.

I wouldn't say AJ is disliked. Just, ignored, more than anything. Somehow, she just struck the right cord with me. Maybe because I love Southern people and that country accent makes me melt, plus her manestyle and personality also get two thumbs up from me ;).

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 1

Legos are the worst invention ever. How are you supposed to play with something that falls apart any time you touch it? My poor son keeps coming to me and making me fix his "cop car" because it breaks whenever it rams the burglar.

I'm pro-life. But I don't believe pro-life beliefs should be written into law... that's way too slippery of a slope. Instead I wish the population as a whole would believe that abortion is wrong except under life or death circumstances.

WHAT? I love Legos! They are one of my favorite childhood toys. You really have to snap the bricks together, but there are some models that are not so structurally sound, Like the Star Destroyer.

That second statement, I can agree with.

OH! Another pet peeve of mine: when people have a complete disregard for what is and what isn't in the world because of their own beliefs and rhetorical fallacies. For example, that TV show Revolution. I watched the first three episodes and wanted to punch something. If you havent seen the show, basically electricity stops working. What confused me was that airplanes fell out of the sky, cars stopped working, and no one could use a generator. It was like the whole of electromagnetic and thermodynamic physics just stopped working. How does a plane fall out of the sky if it loses electricity? It isn't even an electric device! Shouldn't people be able to generate electricity? Do magnets not work anymore? If that was true, wouldn't solar radiation kill everything on the planet? The whole show made no sense in relation to the physical universe, and it is one of those examples of things that continue to feed human ignorance on basic machinations that drive our world. We have all this wonderful technology, and not a single person on the planet knows how it works. That really ticks me off

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have a Facebook and don't plan on getting one,

I'd rather drive an SUV than a compact car (Lincoln Aviator > Chevrolet Spark)

I could care less about my K/D ratio in Call of Duty,

Cadillac is my favorite car company,

I hate mainstream pop,

I wish Citroens were sold in the U.S. again, I love the C6

I think most of those are actually popular opinions! Most people do not have facebook, SUVs sell better than compacts, K/D is for pros only, Cadillac is a popular company, mainstream pop is widely hated.

For the last one, I feel you.

I hate it when anyone (especially teachers) refer to every German soldier during WWII as a Nazi. It's a big pet peeve of mine. A nazi was a member of the party! The average German soldier was not a Nazi! The only Nazi soldiers were the Waffen SS *face palm*

I hate corrupt governments

I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal over abortion and gay rights.

Homework is the devil's paper work! School is for learning, not home!

I get irritated when people have such a lack of punctuation that I can't understand their sentence(s)

I wish true communism actually worked.

EDIT: oh yes, one last thing!

I believe the combination of reglion and politics is the worst idea mankind has ever conceived!

Edited by HistoricallyInaccurate
  • Brohoof 2

WHAT? I love Legos! They are one of my favorite childhood toys. You really have to snap the bricks together, but there are some models that are not so structurally sound, Like the Star Destroyer.

LOL Maybe I'm just annoyed because I have to keep putting them together cuz he's just not quite capable yet! I know I loved Legos when I was younger too.

• Brohoof 1

LOL Maybe I'm just annoyed because I have to keep putting them together cuz he's just not quite capable yet! I know I loved Legos when I was younger too.

If anything I think I love them more now, I have a set from the 70s that was my fathers that is going for 7k on Ebay! :wacko:

Not sure what I am going to do with it yet. it is a really cool german Electric Train, and I kind of want to keep it, but I also need to go to college sometime soon :/

• Brohoof 2

If anything I think I love them more now, I have a set from the 70s that was my fathers that is going for 7k on Ebay! :wacko:

Not sure what I am going to do with it yet. it is a really cool german Electric Train, and I kind of want to keep it, but I also need to go to college sometime soon :/

Oh man, you gotta keep that! It's one of those things that the money is temporarily nice, but just think about 20 years from now when you can whip out the train and put it together! Generally, my rule of thumb is if I have any desire to keep something, I keep it. You would hate regretting later down the road that you sold it. You should set that bad boy up and display it!

• Brohoof 1

Oh ho ho, I have one that I have sorta forgotten about.

You know how sometimes, when someone's like "Oh yeah, I don't see why this and that is so popular" or whatever? It makes me cringe. Just seriously, I hate it when people say that. Why? Because usually the people are being too ignorant or stubborn to look past whatever they're disliking and look for the values that other people like.

Take E.T., for example. I highly dislike that movie. It's too boring for mah tastes. I see why it's so popular though. It's a nice and emotional story about a friendly alien befriending some kids which also has some good character development (From what I've heard), which will strike some people the right way. However, if I'm looking for aliens in a movie, I'd rather watch an action one :P.

Speaking of which, this also applies to CoD. Some people are like "Why are you paying $60 for rehashed garbage?". Seriously, just shut up. Not everyone has the same tastes as you, you know. Some people like it for it's fast-paced gameplay and whatnot (Although it does have glaring problems in some titles).

Last example I have is basically about characters. Some people will praise a character for a certain quality and then someone will say "Dude, he/she/it is NOT whatever you just said" or they'll say "Oh, I dunno why this character is so popular". I'm gonna use as an example. He called Vanellope an annoying turdbasket. I can see why, I respect that. She may not rub the right way to some people with her personality. However, when he said "I have no idea why she's so popular", it annoyed me. Why? Because he isn't looking past his views of Vanellope in order to see why she's the most popular character from Wreck-It Ralph. I may have said that a little wierd, but, here me out. While YOU may not find her lovable one bit, and find her to be an insufferable brat, that DOESN'T mean she's the same to other people. She can seem very sweet, lovable, quirky, etc. to some and not so much to others.

Holy crap, this is a huge-ass rant ;). Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if this is that unpopular of an opinion. I dunno, whatever....

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 8

I agree with you. Something that goes along with it is the word "overrated". I hate the word "overrated." The only use for it is to make people mad. Not only are you saying it's bad, but you are pretty much insulting everyone who actually likes this"overrated thing."

Just because someone doesn't understand it, doesn't mean they should go around calling it overrated.

I mean, so many problems with how the bronies treat each other over Derpy. But nope.

Even the Derpy incident would've gone so much better if it wasn't for that word. But nope. We had to make ourselves look like idiots because we were too busy arguing on whether Derpy was overrated or not instead of compromising.

I mean seriously, that word has not solved anything and instead brought on fights. It's such a terrible word.

Probably the mere mention of the Derpy incident will bring a fight, but it's the perfect example.

(Please note that I'm not saying only the people who didn't like Derpy was the cause, a lot of the people who supported Derpy acted terrible as well, even me. Eveyone basically acted like idiots but thats another time).

Overrated. It's a word that only brings pain and suffering.

Something I left out. I understand people not liking Derpy and their reasons. But for the love of all that is good just stop fighting and trying to make people mad. (The people that do try to make people mad anyway).

Edited by Babs RaccoonBL
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with you. Something that goes along with it is the word "overrated". I hate the word "overrated." The only use for it is to make people mad. Not only are you saying it's bad, but you are pretty much insulting everyone who actually likes this"overrated thing."

Just because someone doesn't understand it, doesn't mean they should go around calling it overrated.

I mean, so many problems with how the bronies treat each other over Derpy. But nope.

Even the Derpy incident would've gone so much better if it wasn't for that word. But nope. We had to make ourselves look like idiots because we were too busy arguing on whether Derpy was overrated or not instead of compromising.

I mean seriously, that word has not solved anything and instead brought on fights. It's such a terrible word.

Probably the mere mention of the Derpy incident will bring a fight, but it's the perfect example.

(Please note that I'm not saying only the people who didn't like Derpy was the cause, a lot of the people who supported Derpy acted terrible as well, even me. Eveyone basically acted like idiots but thats another time).

Overrated. It's a word that only brings pain and suffering.

Wow :o. You should check a few pages back. I actually made a rant against the word "overrated" as well (I THINK I did, and if I'm wrong, fuck). But yeah, I hate the word "overrated" for very similiar reasons to that whole rant above.

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 1

What's funny is I used to wonder why My Little Pony was so popular and I "hated" it, simply because I didn't understand it. Now that I've watched it, I absolutely love it. I'm trying really hard to give everything the benefit of the doubt before I make any sort of judgment now.

And I love Venellope, mostly because she reminds me of a kid. A real kid, and not just some cutesy/loveable portrayal of one.

• Brohoof 1

What's funny is I used to wonder why My Little Pony was so popular and I "hated" it, simply because I didn't understand it. Now that I've watched it, I absolutely love it. I'm trying really hard to give everything the benefit of the doubt before I make any sort of judgment now.

And I love Venellope, mostly because she reminds me of a kid. A real kid, and not just some cutesy/loveable portrayal of one.

You, sir, get bonus points from me.

What a minute. You're the one who said you hated LEGOs, didn't you? I take everything back :angry:.

Just kiddin' ^_^. I loved those things, but man, were they flimsy as fuck. I built a LEGO tower that was around 3-4 feet tall and I'm still shocked at how many times it stayed intact considering how unstable it was.

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 1

Oh man, you gotta keep that! It's one of those things that the money is temporarily nice, but just think about 20 years from now when you can whip out the train and put it together! Generally, my rule of thumb is if I have any desire to keep something, I keep it. You would hate regretting later down the road that you sold it. You should set that bad boy up and display it!

Ive considered building a city and just leaving all my models together like that for the longest time, but I never actually sat down and did it. Plus I still have a few models to finish, some pieces missing, and a TONNE of bricks to sort.

That yellow train is the one I have, and this is basically what I had in mind:

If you know where I can find the 1990's Roads and rails, please let me know!

Venellope

I dont know who this is, but I am thinking its safe to assume it is your avatar, and probably from Wreck it Ralph.

I still havent seen that movie ;_;

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 2