Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Your unpopular entertainment opinions

Reecejackox

I don't care what anyone says I may get some laughs out of Rick and Morty, I may actually enjoy it a bit, but it is THE MOST OVERRATED show ever, and the cultural phenomenon of Pickle Rick is annoying AF! That was one of the worst episodes up until this newest season..

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really hate Clawdeens redesign. I was really liking all the new Monster High character redesigns until I saw hers. It’s such a step backwards from how amazing she looked. I’ve not seen anyone talking about it but I just feel like they did Clawdeen so dirty with that redesign. I’ll still watch the new series regardless but like come on. How are you gonna do that to Clawdeen.

Also despite all of the hate I personally really loved Monster High: The Movie.

• 3 weeks later...

We need less affirmative action and political correctness in movies, it's getting to the point that I can't watch most things that aren't cartoons 

• Brohoof 2

Elden Ring is vastly inferior to the Souls series itself. It became the new hottest thing for everyone to jump onboard with but I beat it once and have had zero desire to go back, which for me is crazy for a FromSoft title. With the massive but boring world, copy and paste bosses, mines, catacombs and sheer lack of balance for non-meta solo play, I am shocked that the game has had such unanimous praise and winning GOTY. 

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, J.J said:

We need less affirmative action and political correctness in movies, it's getting to the point that I can't watch most things that aren't cartoons 

Aren’t cartoons full of that shit these days too :scoots:? Good news is: there are signs your post won’t belong here soon :mlp_icwudt:

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Aren’t cartoons full of that shit these days too :scoots:? Good news is: there are signs your post won’t belong here soon :mlp_icwudt:

What you think it will get deleted? Lol and yeah that is happening in cartoons a little to much if you ask me, idk I just, for once want to see a full block of commercials and actually be persuaded to buy something by seeing humans that are actually attractive if you know what I'm getting at...

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, J.J said:

What you think it will get deleted? Lol and yeah that is happening in cartoons a little to much if you ask me, idk I just, for once want to see a full block of commercials and actually be persuaded to buy something by seeing humans that are actually attractive if you know what I'm getting at...

Don’t think it’ll be deleted, but there are signs your post isn’t exactly unpopular considering so many news about millions in losses and cancellations as of late :oh_golly:

On 2022-12-13 at 12:17 PM, J.J said:

Funny, just read a single Universal animated movie is as profitable than several “awake” Disney films :D
Man, Mario Bros will surely earn more than all Disney films combined that year

Edited by Steve Piranha

Toy Story and Shrek did more harm than good in the field of animation. It doesn't look as good as the 2D style. It will never look as good. Toy Story ruined the artform of animation but Shrek ruined the potential of 3D CGI by making nearly every film since be crass comedies with pop culture references. The likes of Megamind, Rango & Frozen don't excuse what Ice Age, Boss Baby and Minions dumped onto the table. It breaks my heart future generations won't get to see the peak of animation from the likes of the Disney Renaissance, Don Bluth/Amblin or early Dream Works. And the pain is made worse when studios who make films like Kubo or Wolf Walkers try to do something different and are met with obscurity.

TL:DR. CGI killed the animation golden age and we've been complacent with mediocrity since. 

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

TL:DR. CGI killed the animation golden age and we've been complacent with mediocrity since. 

I love Toy Story, Monsters, Inc. and Zootopia but I prefer watching cartoons that don't look like them. 

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Manga is more enjoyable and accessible than American comics.

Wouldn't consider that unpopular with how badly the American comic industry has been tanking while manga books are still flying off the shelves, but I certainly concur. 

• Brohoof 1

Story with no ending > story with a bad one.

Character with no personality > character with a bad one.

Worst sequel TV Trope = Happy Ending Override.

Dark Empire > The Rise Of Skywalker.

Dragon Ball GT > Super.

I don't care about Kingdom Hearts anymore.

Christian Bale's Batman was laughably bad (but his Bruce Wayne was practically perfect).

Siege Of The Crystal Empire > The Beginning Of The End.

Worst G5 character = Opaline.

Chris Pratt's Mario is starting to win me over.

Edited by Castle Bleck

Sadly, I can't really get myself interested in "The Owl House" or "Amphibia". 

On 2022-12-26 at 5:06 PM, The Wife of Tengen said:

Monsters Inc. aren’t good movies.

@The Wife of Law I still respect this opinion, Bestie even though I love Monsters, Inc.! :D

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

The Lightsaber Duel between Vader and Obi-Wan in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope is one of the most anticlimactic fights, if not the most, in not just Star Wars, but also cinematic history. Not helping is the wooden acting and cringe-worthy dialogue. Example: "Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine." Literal cringe. If that's not bad writing, I don't know what is.

Edited by Magic Note
  • Brohoof 1

On 2022-12-26 at 8:09 PM, Castle Bleck said:

Dark Empire > The Rise Of Skywalker.

On 2022-12-26 at 8:09 PM, Castle Bleck said:

Worst G5 character = Opaline.

Last I knew those weren't unpopular opinions :P

On 2022-12-28 at 3:11 AM, Magic Note said:

The Lightsaber Duel between Vader and Obi-Wan in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope is one of the most anticlimactic fights, if not the most, in not just Star Wars, but also cinematic history. Not helping is the wooden acting and cringe-worthy dialogue. Example: "Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine." Literal cringe. If that's not bad writing, I don't know what is.

I mean, the movie is from 1977, but also, it;'s a fight between an old dude and a guy in a mask, did you expect it to be an epic?

• Brohoof 1