Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Your unpopular entertainment opinions

Reecejackox

Star Wars is a pile of trash. I find it over-rated and oversaturated. I watched most of the movies, and the newer ones are garbage. Should have just ended the Franchise.

• Brohoof 7

MCU ran it’s course at Endgame. There’s a lot they can still take from since the Marvel universe is so vast, but a number of factors including but not limited to over saturation of the genre, no clear direction, bad directors, and prioritizing political agendas over being entertaining; it’s only a matter of time before people start hating the MCU. The writing was on the wall even before Endgame, with Black Panther and Captain Marvel

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

*insert your favorite movie here* is overrated any anyone who likes it is an idiot with no tastes

Iron Man 3 was good

Oh and here's one that'll probably set off hardcore Japanophiles.
I prefer watching the US release of DBZ over the regular the traditional, with the US soundtrack and all. It's what I grew up with and I just need that Faulconer soundtrack constantly blaring in the background. Certain scenes I feel are the best ways to watch it

Just to name a few

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 4

The most unpopular entertainment opinion I have would be that I generally enjoyed Thundercats Roar.  I generally liked the characters and the chemistry they had with one another, and it had a sense of humor that was right up my alley.  And for all the belly aching about the simplified characters designs, they actually allowed for the animators to go hard with some really fun and fluid fight scenes.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Forrest Gump is the most overrated movie of all time and isn't good. 

Remember, having a mental disorder essentially makes you Super Jesus. You can run super fast, put guns together fast, you can pilot a boat, you can save several soldiers in Vietnam with your invincibility, and many other cliches that the movie throws at you. People adore you, to the point of worship, because of how special you are. Most other people are bland or shitty, meaning you are the spice of life for everybody, I guess. Anytime tragedy strikes, it is towards those around you, never you, all for the purpose of emotional manipulation. Anytime you sit at a bench and start rambling stories of your instantly interesting life, people will be enamored by each and every story because each one is super special and not at all a reason to throw cliche after cliche in our face with zero subtlety. Your mental disorder also doesn't hinder your progress in life whatsoever, especially in the 60's. Hell, it may even boost your life ahead of the normies. 

Rant over finally. I could go on more, but I try to erase the movie from my mind. Even when I was little I found the film uninteresting.

Another one: Modern Disney is a horrid company that should not be supported. 

Third: Fortnite is the worst thing to happen to gaming and is actively fueling the industry's downfall.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

I think the Marvel Cinematic Universe is lacklustre and overrated.

I like Spider-Man but the rest of the Marvel characters don't really interest me. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Patriotic Brony 42 said:

3D animation is generally garbage.

Disney and Pixar both have their own distinct style but that also makes all of their movies feel exactly the same, IMO. 

• Brohoof 2

Megatron's design from Transformers the Last Knight looks so cool and is by far my favorite design for the character. On a similar tangent, looking at my growing collection of 3rd party and studio series figures, I've come to like and appreciate the Bayverse designs of Transformers, but I also get an interest of revisiting those movies and I know  that'll just ruin it for me just for how awful those movies are

I don't know if people still find it entertaining, but I think speedrunning is one of the least interesting ways to play most games.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Megas said:

*insert your favorite movie here* is overrated any anyone who likes it is an idiot with no tastes

Iron Man 3 was good

I prefer watching the US release of DBZ over the regular the traditional, with the US soundtrack and all. It's what I grew up with and I just need that Faulconer soundtrack constantly blaring in the background. Certain scenes I feel are the best ways to watch it

Just to name a few

Can’t speak about Japanese vs American dub (let alone pastel “it’s over 9000” horse  dub, as I’ve never watched it) of Dragon Ball, as I’ve mainly seen Latin American dub (had the original soundtrack), and American English dub in the video games. But I find the American English dub decent. Can’t say anything particularly negative about it 

but that leads me that I’d prefer dub over subs. I can hardly stand Japanese dub, specially the loli screeches :scoots:

9 hours ago, ExpitheCat said:

Fortnite bad, Minecraft good

It's true though.

6 hours ago, Nitobit said:

I don't know if people still find it entertaining, but I think speedrunning is one of the least interesting ways to play most games.

The speedrunning community would disagree. Learning the ins and outs of a game to get the best times is fun and gets more out of them when you've done everything else in a game.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Celli said:

The speedrunning community would disagree. Learning the ins and outs of a game to get the best times is fun and gets more out of them when you've done everything else in a game.

I just don't like that it's so focused on speed and perfection that it leaves almost no room for creativity and improvisation. If the game is so good that you want to play again, then there must be more fun ways to enjoy it. Either with mods, randomizers, or other challenges.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like watching Netflix even if I have it.

On 2022-07-28 at 8:09 PM, Megas said:

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Nitobit said:

I just don't like that it's so focused on speed and perfection that it leaves almost no room for creativity and improvisation. If the game is so good that you want to play again, then there must be more fun ways to enjoy it. Either with mods, randomizers, or other challenges.

Yes.

(that means I agree)

• Brohoof 2

27 minutes ago, Nitobit said:

leaves almost no room for creativity and improvisation

That couldn't be further from the truth. Speedrunning uses a lot of both of that.

Speedrunning is popular for a reason either way, people like seeing their favorite games broken in amazing ways.

You don't have to like it, but it's popular among many people and that's cool.

• Brohoof 2

The Marvel Cinematic Universe to me is like they got bored of beating the dead horse and decided to nuke it instead. I'm sorry, but how many movies can one franchise put out in a single year? It's way over-saturating the film market and they continually beat out any unique movie that may have the misfortune to be shown at the same time as Ironspiderhulkman: Return to the CGIverse. I'm in no way saying the movies are bad or that you're wrong for enjoying them, but for god's sake, can we not go one year without a new movie? They're making and releasing the movies so fast and so continually that the movies just end up having basically the exact same plot with no distinguishing features.

Also, the CGI. Practical effects still very much have their place in modern film-making, and these Marvel movies are helping dig the grave of traditional effects. At a certain point the amount of computer graphics they use just detracts from the overall visual appeal of the movie. It's like, ok, great, the actors swung on a rope in front of a green screen again? Wow :bea: Why don't you just credit the artists on the posters instead since they're doing most of the leg work.

As a disclaimer, I have only seen 3 marvel movies. But i don't have to read up on what happened in other movies if I ever go to see one (and I don't do it by my own volition), because there is so little substance to the movies that I'm hardly missing anything. I'm caught up by a simple "Oh, Tony escaped the evil prison" because 90% of the previous movie was action scenes and unwitty jokes.

• Brohoof 2