Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Your unpopular entertainment opinions

Reecejackox

• 4 weeks later...

I feel that there aren’t good mystery movies or series these days. The only last one that met my exception and more is The Batman 2022. Wednesday is okay better than most. Especially ones that tried to make an attempt to do a “noir” theme but failed horribly and cringeworthy by making it too glamour and bombastic. Also most recent ones looks more like the ‘great gatsby’ garbage. Which a noir is a huge opposite of that. And just because adding “black and white” and called it a ‘noir’ isn’t the only element to considered it as a “noir”. It’s how you set up the setting and the mood. So if anyone asked why I haven’t seen these modern shows or movies-well, if I don’t see these expectations ‘noir’ elements at the first glance after seeing the trailer, that’s enough for me to gain zero interest.

On 2023-01-04 at 2:01 PM, Steve Piranha said:

I’d pick “inferior Zeldas” like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks over Twilight Princess any time

Not-unpopular reply - I like all three, and the only inferior ones are these:

249869-zelda-cd-i-forman-parte-cronologi

Edited by Castle Bleck

• 3 weeks later...

Since tpam mentioned Ratchet and Clank...

Every game past Secret Agent Clank is absolute, complete and utter cack. Rather than doing what the far-superior Jak and Daxter games did, they constantly crapped on the games' past, fell to the same consumerism traps they were originally making fun of, and basically lost all their soul in an attempt to tell a 'good' story and falling on their ass in the process. It's a disgrace that they've dragged this garbage fire out so long but hung Jak and Daxter out to dry the MOMENT Naughty Dog fully moved on to the Uncharted series.

Also you have no idea how much I utterly despise Rivet

I enjoy the post SF64 Starfox Games(Adventures, Assault, and Command) and I think for all their faults, they all bring in some interesting things to the series. Heck, as much as I have issues with Command's biggest problems(namely the story), after the debacle that was Zero I can at least appreciate it for doing something different, and some small individual moments here and there that I'd love to see touched up on or revisited at some point

The Jazz soundtrack from MVC2 rules

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

Random list of gaming ones:

I cannot get into any of the recent Zelda games. The only one I played start to finish was Link to the Past when I was a kid. It just felt perfect. The other games just feel so inferior.

I did not like Zelda: BOTW. I wanted to feel that excitement that everyone else had, but it felt like a complete chore to play that I just dropped it after two hours. The new game looks like a DLC reskin of BOTW.

Persona 5 was overrated and I like the previous 4 better(I actually played them all). P5 has a great soundtrack though.

I never got the Metroid hype, it felt like most people that I talked to about those games just liked Samus Aran.

I always thought the sonic games felt boring to play, but the franchise has some great songs. 

The only thing I liked about Undertale was the soundtrack.

I'm realizing as I write this that I enjoyed many video game soundtracks more than the actual games they are from LOL

I feel that a lot of the modern games nowadays are just thrown out there for the heck of it. Many are thrown out there unfinished and have many patches on day 1. I feel most games are mainly designed to sell DLC/lootboxes now. There is hardly any creativity or new concepts in many modern games that can keep me interested anymore. People get hyped for garbage and I get recommended new games through Youtube, but it's mainly because they have controversial drama behind the scenes OR the games have a new waifu of the month.

Show/Movie list:

Star Wars is insanely overrated, the only thing I kind of liked was the lightsaber battles. Everything else was just not good.

Star Trek was just boring to watch.

Harry Potter was just not good. I really did not get the big hype behind it.

Whatever Lord of the Rings movie I watched was not good. Though the backgrounds and music were great from what I remember.

The Game of Thrones series was bad. I tried to watch a few episodes of the HBO series, but it felt weak and I'm glad that I did not stick with it as I heard it got worse over time.

MCU was good up until Endgame, after that it really became a convoluted mess of mediocre series and IPs that even Disney branding had no idea what to do with them.

DCEU or whatever its called is just a horrible mess. The animated movies are just better and even some of the recent animated ones have been horrible.

On 2022-12-19 at 4:24 AM, Shadowmoth2011 said:

*looks left*

*looks right*

*looks up*

*looks down*

...I maaaaaaay prefer Milo Murphy's Law to Phineas and Ferb

*runs for the hills*

I prefer Hamster and Gretel to Phineas and Ferb. :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed Yooka-Laylee. When this game came out it got such horrendous reviews I almost decided not to buy it. Glad I didn’t listen to any of them. I share the same opinion as The Completionist when I say I feel like I played a completely different game from everyone else. Does it have its issues? Absolutely. However I still found it enjoyable and didn’t find it anywhere near as horrible as the internet had me to believe it was going to be. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2/24/2023 at 1:31 AM, StarlightNyars said:

I never got the Metroid hype, it felt like most people that I talked to about those games just liked Samus Aran.

What "hype" are you talking about? >.> The series is one of Nintendo's least popular. Also have you ever played any of them? They're metroidvanias, exploration and combat, non-linear gameplay. It's not because of Samus Aran and I am offended at this comment.

• Brohoof 2

47 minutes ago, Celli said:

What "hype" are you talking about? >.> The series is one of Nintendo's least popular. Also have you ever played any of them? They're metroidvanias, exploration and combat, non-linear gameplay. It's not because of Samus Aran and I am offended at this comment.

I do not agree with them of it just being about Samus, but I would say that I agree with them in the fact that I also don't understand the hype. Metroid Prime was highly acclaimed back when it came out. I tried the game back in the day, but never could get into it. I just haven't ever felt the hype, but to each their own.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Envy said:

Metroid Prime was highly acclaimed back when it came out

But compared to other gamecube games it didn't even come close :sunny: And that was the best selling Metroid until Dread, which still didn't put a dent in other games on the Switch.... Even Luigi's Mansion outsold it ;-;

7 minutes ago, Envy said:

I tried the game back in the day, but never could get into it. I just haven't ever felt the hype, but to each their own.

Have you tried any of the 2D games?

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Celli said:

But compared to other gamecube games it didn't even come close :sunny: And that was the best selling Metroid until Dread, which still didn't put a dent in other games on the Switch.... Even Luigi's Mansion outsold it ;-;

I see. I had no idea. Well, I hope you all get Metroid Prime 4 news soon.

23 hours ago, Celli said:

Have you tried any of the 2D games?

Not really. I'm just not into many 2D games, so I don't think it would change my mind. Metroid Prime was the most likely series to entice me because I like 3D exploration games much more than sidescrollers.

13 minutes ago, Envy said:

I see. I had no idea. Well, I hope you all get Metroid Prime 4 news soon.

It still sold a respectable 3 million.

13 minutes ago, Envy said:

Not really. I'm just not into many 2D games, so I don't think it would change my mind. Metroid Prime was the most likely series to entice me because I like 3D exploration games much more than sidescrollers.

Not even Mario?

• 10 months later...

Baldur's Gate 3 is an amazing game but one of the most beloved characters, Astarion, I find incredibly obnoxious. I empathize with his backstory and I feel awful for the guy, but he's insufferable to listen to, especially for the types of decisions I make. I always try to be helpful and kind, even if I get taken advantage of, and he's very whiny about it. Lol

• Brohoof 1