Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My First Trip to Buy a Pony Shirt

Pinkie D Pie

Alright, well I'm bored, and it seems like quite a few people make topics about what they got from Hot Topic. Well anyway, I'm not going to be just like, yeah I got this what do you think, no I'm going to write an entertaining story to go with it. So here you go, my story of my first visit to find a pony shirt.

Anyways, it all started Saturday when I took a trip to my local mall to get school clothes. You know nothing special happened, but I was on a lookout for one store the entire trip though the mall. Hot Topic, if you didn't know. Anyways, while walking out the mall, what do I notice, the store, staring at me, telling me to go there. Sadly that day, I did not get to enter the store, and was stuck trying to find another way. Well my Mom informed me that the next day she would have to get her haircut, at none other than that mall. Of course wanting a pony shirt insanely badly, I knew I had to go with her. I get there, you know tell her I'm going to go look around, while she got her hair cut. So I walk out of the hair place, and go on my hunt looking for Hot Topic, forgetting where it had been. So after 15 minutes of walking back and forth across the mall, I could not find it. I head back to the hair place, where my mom is still waiting. I knew I couldn't sit there for 30 minutes while she got it cut, so I go back out, sad that I couldn't find Hot Topic. Well of course it was right up stairs, across from the hair place. So I go there, walk past it turn around, walk past it again. I had never been in Hot Topic before, and didn't really want to go in there, being so crowded as it was tax free weekend. I walk past it a couple more times, before I get the courage to walk in for a minute. Of course I walked out, back in, out, back in, and finally looked for the pony shirts. I found them, but didn't look closely for them, as one of the store employees was right there. I did manage to see them though. Of course they had to be 20 dollars a piece. I figured I might as well go ask my mom for one. After seeing that she still wasn't getting her hair cut, I managed to ask her for one. She was like, really, and I was like yes really. When she found out they were 20 dollars, she told me they were to much to buy one today. I begged her and she agreed, however she still had to get her hair cut. So me, I head back into the store, for the fifth or so time, look at the shirts for the sizes, and finally pick out one. I went back to my mom, who was now done with her hair cut, where I then brought her into the store. After looking at them for a few minutes, I decided on one, grabbed it and got in line, hiding the shirt, as I was still a little weird about showing I liked the show. Eventually I got to the counter, where my mom paid the 20 dollars, I have no money by the way or I would have bought it. So I was insanely excited, and we soon left the mall. My mom told me I had better where it, since she spent 20 dollars on it. I told her I would, and put it on as soon as I got back to the car. We went to a gas station where a few people laughed at me but I ignored it. Soon we went to Publix, where one of the cashiers told me it was a cool shirt. I felt so excited at this point, I just wanted to wear it everywhere.

So anyways that is the story of my first time going into Hot Topic, and my first time buying pony stuff, thanks for reading.

So yes I am now the proud owner of this DJ PON3 shirt right here.

post-4766-0-25623600-1344372339.png

And here is the website, where the actual shirt is and a better picture.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/MyLittlePony//My+Little+Pony+DJ+P0N-3+T-Shirt-146832.jsp

Dang that was a long story, anyways do any of you have an interesting story of your first trip to a store or anything like that?

Ok anyways thanks for reading.

• Brohoof 5

I went and got one yesterday, but it wasn't such an adventure. What was interesting is what happened before and after getting the shirts and is a bit unrelated but interesting. At this particular mall, there were probably 50 vending machines around and my friend (DJ-JK on the forums incase you are interested) decided he wanted a drink so he stopped at one and I didn't want any of the sodas they had. I then went to the one beside it which was out of order, so I stopped at the next one we passed. I bought an Orange Fanta and two came out of the machine. I thought it too be pretty cool. As we left the mall, DJ-JK's mom said she tried to buy a drink and the machine took her money but didn't give her one (this wasn't the same machine I'd bought mine from or the out of order one), so DJ-JK politely goes to get her one at a machine outside and calls me over there after he bought it and interestingly enough, he holds up two sodas after only paying for one.

We felt bad for taking the two extra, but it's not as if we could have returned them, so now each of us have a bottle of soda on our shelves to remember this strange day which happened to be the day I got my first pony shirt!

Interestingly enough I just received $40 and so I was going to go and try to buy the "Yay" shirt I had seen in Hot Topic a few weeks ago (assuming they still carry it). I'll get around to it eventually, I think.

Interestingly enough I just received $40 and so I was going to go and try to buy the "Yay" shirt I had seen in Hot Topic a few weeks ago (assuming they still carry it). I'll get around to it eventually, I think.

They still have it. I bought one yesterday and they had just gotten that shipment, so they should be carrying them for awhile longer.

They still have it. I bought one yesterday and they had just gotten that shipment, so they should be carrying them for awhile longer.

Great to hear! I'll probably get it in a week or two and wear it under my uniform the first day of school to piss off the Anti-bronies in the morning and after school xD

I was planning on buying some online, but now that I know that they are available at HT, I might as well get them there. If you could, do you know if they had any of Rarity or designs with the mane 6?

Sadly no, they only had for me, that one, a fluttershy Yay one, A derpy one, and a Doctor Whooves one. I checked there website, but they don't have that many.

Nice story. At least you got the confidence to go out in public, and wear a pony shirt. I'm still nervous on it. Heck, I'm currently only gonna get one if I can order it online. Partially because I don't have an stores near me that have pony shirt, and because I... Just can't do it.

Well, I don't have any interesting stories, but my mom got me one. I'm not afraid to wear it in public, I actually wear it as often as I can! It has Fluttershy's yay pose with "YAY" on it. :D

Nice shirt I'm always woried I'll be juded by classmates at school if I'd bring a pony T-Shirt to school. So you my friend have some guts kid not worring about any of the people and how they think about you.

I got my "Derpy is best pony" shirt from there! I freaking love it! :wub:

Sadly, no story to go with my purchase. All I did was order it from their online store (cause they were out of my size) and pick it up. However, I did go to buy my Brony band and the guy at the register was like "is this for you?" And I proudly said "Yuss!" :3

You're lucky, I need to make a trip there sometime before school starts to get some awesome stuff there. :wub:

I was planning on buying some online, but now that I know that they are available at HT, I might as well get them there. If you could, do you know if they had any of Rarity or designs with the mane 6?

I saw one on the Hot Topic website, looks pretty cool;

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/TShirts/Graphic//My+Little+Pony+Join+The+Herd+T-Shirt-901300.jsp

Man, that is awesome. I actually wanted that shirt, but it was out of stock online at one point, so I just got the one with RD instead :blush: .

That sounds ridiculously similar to the mall near me. The hair place is right across from the Hot Topic. My mom is a hairstylist so everytime I visit Hot Topic, she most likely sees me walk in and walk out with various things that I may be a little embarassed to show her :P

+1 for having the same shirt I have

+2 for Publix (I works there!)

+3 for a similar story!

When I got to the counter to buy mine, I informed the cashier that I was buying the shirts for my female cousin standing next to me, and that I was also tired from staying up 24 hours straight (that part is true!). Her expression was "oh ok, I see :)" I wasn't convincing anybody. haha

DJ PONY B)