First few times drawing ponies..

Kita

So... as you could probably tell from the title, these are my first few attempts at drawing the characters. Note that I didn't really want to copy the show's style, but rather I wanted to draw them based on the style. :) Please don't be too harsh...

post-7161-0-12344100-1344406041_thumb.jpg

^Here's Rainbow Dash

post-7161-0-86158800-1344406113_thumb.jpg

^Here's Twilight Sparkle

post-7161-0-92794400-1344406165_thumb.jpg

^...and here's Rarity.

So... what do you think?

• Brohoof 2

Their faces seem off, mostly the snouts; they remind me too much of a certain purple dragon named Spyro. Try a different tactic such as rounding them out, just leave out the line that squares the nose. It makes them look male.

The figures are indifferent positions which is a good thing. Your use of colors is good, though your backgrounds make your figures fade into it too much. Try some brighter colors or unique background shapes to hold the characters in.

You should probably have a saying for each pony instead of just Dash. Even if it turned out she is your favorite, it would help fill in some of the empty spots in the other two images.

Practice makes perfect; but if nobody's perfect, why practice?

http://hazardus-havard.deviantart.com/

Art

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/70801/an-alien-walks-amongst-us

Story

I'm not gonna lie

these almost have an oriental touch to these, like pictures of samurais waging war on paper type stuff, if that makes any sense.

Good job though! Better than my art.

They look a bit too masculent, try and smooth the leg lines out. Also the snouts look to long and don't fit the MLP style.

Note that I didn't really want to copy the show's style, but rather I wanted to draw them based on the style. :)

-_-

Anyway, they look rather animalish-so I don't find them very cute, but that's my personal preference. You surely have talent.