First drawing, Edit: + Second Drawing

Lost

Ok, as the title suggests, this is my first drawing. This is not only the first drawing I've done of ponies but the first one that i have drawn since i was 12 (nearly 7 years ago now) and even then i only did drawing in art class which were by no means at all good.

I attempted to draw this because i was bored:

post-7214-0-55528800-1344991170_thumb.png

It did not turn out so great, but other than the odd eyes and scale issues (head seems too large and body too small) and the front leg too, what else could i improve on next time i draw, if i ever do again.

And please forgive the excessive lines, i don't own an eraser or a pencil sharpener, i was using a bunt pencil :s

post-7214-0-75476400-1344991257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lost
  • Brohoof 2

Your friendly neighborhood alcoholic motorcyclist

Life is too short to worry what others think of you, be creative, be weird, live life.

sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.ajsigv1_by_ilostmyname243-d5xasj1.png

Check out my YouTube

here

Check out my Fiora Jungle Guide

here

Check out my Motovlogging Trailer

You should try drawing your avatar; it looks awesome. X3

If you don't have "basic stationery items" then why not go and buy some?

There's a bit of nope.avi going on there (long neck) and you should use the pony reference guide (Google Image search "mlp pony reference")

Anyway, 'gratz for first drawing!

• Brohoof 1

If you don't have "basic stationery items" then why not go and buy some?

There's a bit of nope.avi going on there (long neck) and you should use the pony reference guide (Google Image search "mlp pony reference")

Anyway, 'gratz for first drawing!

Thanks, i'll try to get some basic stationery items but not sure if i can get away with it XD

i'll also look up the reference guide :D

I had a go at it, i managed to find an eraser but no sharpener, i had to sharpen the pencil with a kitchen knife.

Here is my avatar in full resolution:

post-7214-0-24415500-1345085392_thumb.jpg

And here is my attempt:

post-7214-0-58455000-1345085454_thumb.jpg

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

Life is too short to worry what others think of you, be creative, be weird, live life.

sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.ajsigv1_by_ilostmyname243-d5xasj1.png

Check out my YouTube

here

here

First: It's ok.

Second:It's really good. You got almost everything correct. So what do I think... I think it's awesome. Great Job.

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

First picture- eh its ok Second- That is amazing. I could never draw something like that keep it up!

First: It's ok.

Second:It's really good. You got almost everything correct. So what do I think... I think it's awesome. Great Job.

Thanks guys, it is quite literally the second picture I've ever finished drawing. It turned out much better than i expected :)

Check out my YouTube

here

here

That second drawing...huge improvement! X3

As others have said, there are a few parts off, but not by much.

Anyway, if you want to draw realistic (3d-like) ponies then you might want to try smudge-shading.

Let me show you my very first pony art ^^ No references were needed for dis :3

post-7227-0-28458400-1345153152_thumb.jpg

And

post-7227-0-67181500-1345153170_thumb.jpg

I did it in about fifteen minutes each ;3.I wish goodluck with your art ;D

• Brohoof 1

Support Apocalyptica!!! Visit the official Apocalyptica website: http://www.apocalyptica.com/us

Oh, yes... My OC/ponysona: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/metalic-strings-r1553

It will be much more helpful if you can use a more firm pencil and start studying the underlying structure behind the character if you are trying to do it with an accuracy and a consistency. I sometimes just take a reference and break it down into more simple 3-d forms, not a flat 2-d as you learn alot more and become much more flexible if you think that way.

You then realize that there's a certain proportions existing within the characters and how they are designed, how the artists have thought about the character's skeleton and movement and even realize the mistakes an artists have made in their drawing process. ( and there're numerous errors in MLP:FiM)

i just noticed that the lower part of her right arm (the one holding the gun) is missing :/

The other errors i'm fine with, but i shall have to rectify that one :P

Check out my YouTube

here

here

The first picture wasn't the greatest. I've seen better fan made Applejacks and I have seen worse. The second one is great. It is unique and I like that it looks as good as your avatar. Please color it, I want to see it colored. Colors will bring that picture to life

I Love the way you've drawn the Second Applejack, all the proportions seem'd spot on :lol: . Your first drawing is pretty great too since it's been awhile since you drew another art piece. As all the others though, neck and eye's are off abit' but it's cool, still better than I could ever do. :)

I would post some traditionl art, but none are Pony related, Pony Feathers.....

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco

"Ad Foedera Cresco"

"I Gain by Treaty"

dmelxc.jpg

(edited)

I attempted to draw two different drawings over the past 3 hours but they didn't go too well, the first was one of my own design, AppleJack aiming down a sniper-rifle, i couldnt get the gun scale right so i decided i wanted to draw this:

post-7214-0-19600600-1345262563_thumb.png

I failed hard at that too, i think my problem is an inability to draw anything that is at an angle (her head is turned to the side slightly) , any tips for this? i truly suck at drawing :/

Edited by Lost

Check out my YouTube

here

here