Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MLP Forums Guild Wars 2 Guild

Bohtty

Name: Mancer.6741

Server: Gunnar's Hold

Human Elementalist

Out of interest, who else here has played any of the other Guild Wars games?

Out of interest, who else here has played any of the other Guild Wars games?

I have, i'v been play guild wars since the start of guild wars 1. there is nothing better, Anet is always breaking the mold with guild wars. that why i like it so much. I played every guild wars 1 expansion to by the way

Anet is always breaking the mold with guild wars.

WOA THERE MAN! Don't get too crazy here. Guild Wars 2 is a good game for sure, but they did very little mold breaking.

<rant>

There are very few things to break molds nowadays with current technology. A large number of their in game systems are very similar to other games systems. The only difference is that they put them all together and that they have a larger budget and a larger following. There are games that break the mold all the time. The problem is that they are usually either niche, under funded, not advertised well, or another core system ruins it.

</rant>

There are very few things to break molds nowadays with current technology. A large number of their in game systems are very similar to other games systems. The only difference is that they put them all together and that they have a larger budget and a larger following. There are games that break the mold all the time. The problem is that they are usually either niche, under funded, not advertised well, or another core system ruins it.

Ok you got me there, maybe the dont break it all the time, just look at aion, that was just bad. well enough about aion for the next month. But you are right. it all about better tech. and sometime the game play (for me it has to be the game play, every other mmo i play the game play was lack luster)

@Bohtty

you said that you were going to make a small web page for the guild, whats up with that?

Edited by darkmist

@Bohtty

you said that you were going to make a small web page for the guild, whats up with that?

It would just have some basic information like event times and other such stuff. it would probably be a 1 page website. Essentially this is because GW2 does not provide any way to manage events or display information to guild members.
  • Brohoof 1

It would just have some basic information like event times and other such stuff. it would probably be a 1 page website. Essentially this is because GW2 does not provide any way to manage events or display information to guild members.

sounds good to, i look forward to see it, when ever you get it done that is,

Random typeing yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay evern more randomness anyways it would be get to have a place for that stuff

First off, I give a spoiler tag to those who want the higher level areas in guild wars 2 to be secret. I went on a little adventure (at level 35, no less...) and I want to share a few observances.

So... I decided to do a little exploring to see what the future might look like. I intended to go all the way to orr, but the mobs just got too... shall we say zelous about finding and killing me.

I will say that it gets creepy around level 60. You start running into undead mobs and whatnot... and this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A huge freaking undead megalodon. As you can see in the first shot, I was backpedling the heck away. In the second shot, you can see that I ran into him again in the level 70 zone. That, and I was trying to talk my way to a solution to get around the sharks and pirates.

Things REALLY get creepy as you start approaching orr. I didn't take any screenshots because I couldnt get close enough to the undead pirates without them shooting me, but I will say that the undead of all varieties are literally everywhere. I ran into the ghost ship that was seen in one of the E3 conferences as well, but I obviously couldn't participate.

Posted Image

This is the encampment that I made it to before I couldn't proceed any further. I might try later, but the 4 silver in armor repairs is a bit of a deterent. It also cost 1 silver to make it back to a waypoint in Hoelbrak in case you were wondering...

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

Vary Vary nice, i like it alot but i will wait until im that level to get there. It is going to be epic though from your pics. can wait to see it. Anyhow i got nothing more to write. its that stuped 100 letter thing

I hate sharks and underwater creatures in this game so much. Except my pet of course, but he isn't chasing me through the water trying to kill me. I think this and Monster Hunter are the only games to get underwater battles right.

Something like Enjin would probably suffice. I've seen a number of other guilds use it and best of all it's free. Sites cater for a certain game in case Guild Was 2.

Something like Enjin would probably suffice. I've seen a number of other guilds use it and best of all it's free. Sites cater for a certain game in case Guild Was 2.

sounds like a good place to me, for a website. make sure Bohtty know about it, if not he will not see it, but he checks these forums more then i do at times

OH YA I HIT LEVEL 40 AT 4:00AM MY TIME YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Edited by darkmist

Here is the thing with Enjin, It costs money to get advanced features and to remove ads. PLUS it severely limits what we can do with our website and how it's run. It uses a theme system that is inevitably going to be result in an ugly web design.

I already own server hosting and I make websites professionally. All of their "Advanced features", except a few, I can code myself. The only difference is that it won't cost me 25$ a month. (My hosting is on the same server that this forums is run on. I get my hosting through Feld0 :D)

Here are the things I plan on having on the website:

• Info graphs that show current guild statistics
  • A list of all of the guild's current upgrades
  • A roster
  • An upcoming events calendar
  • News in the form of a simple twitter feed.
  • recruitment system
If I get more time and I feel like there is a need. I will create a profile system for members that choose to register, but it will never be required or hold anyone back from doing anything in game.

I also want to look into having the bank viewable from the website and maybe some sort of inner guild trading post system.

Here are all the things that Enjin provides that we would even use:

• Mobile Website version of our website
  • recruitment system
  • advanced permissions
  • website speed
  • Matches system
  • event manager
  • gallery showcase
  • domain pointing
Thats it... Plus maybe some widgets or w.e

All those things that Enjin would offer, will be on the website and more. Except I won't be paying 25$ a month for them. They will be clean and well designed and it will be 100% customize able for our needs.

I'll also look into getting a ventrilo server if we get big enough and active enough.

• Brohoof 4

Name: Kodac.1824

Server:Maguuma

Human Ranger

This game has lived to to hype so far for me at least. Oh. I was one of the ones who voted, and due to the hurricane, couldn't do anything until we got power back. I would love to join the guild! Cheers!

@Bohtty

Looks like you go things handled, what is going to be a time frame in which we can go to the website? basically asking when it might be done. well anyways see you in game

@Bohtty

Looks like you go things handled, what is going to be a time frame in which we can go to the website? basically asking when it might be done. well anyways see you in game

It'll be done hopefully by next week. We will have to see. I've already got several events planned out as well as a month long event planned out. I've also got some reward ideas in mind.

I am actually currently working on a high res version of our emblem to be used on the website :]

I'll post it when I finish. I also think that we should advertise on EQD to get more people. This will make growing the guild easier and the events hopefully more fun.

I also think that we should advertise on EQD to get more people. This will make growing the guild easier and the events hopefully more fun.

sounds good to me, can't wait to see it, ya putting it on EQD would be a good idea, just like that other pony guild did, we can use more ponies

@@Bohtty

Well I diden't know you had the ability to do that good to know you've got something planned. Just make sure that you do get round to it eventually because it's one thing to say your going to do it then keep putting it off for later. Looking forward to see what your going to come up with though!

Edited by Dave247

Just make sure that you do get round to it eventually because it's one thng to ay your going to do it then keep putting it off for later.

Hoepfully I'll get around to it. I just purchased guildeverfree.com :] (everfree.com was taken and so was evfr.com)

You can try to go there now, but you might get an error till the nameservers point at the correct hosting.

Hoepfully I'll get around to it. I just purchased guildeverfree.com :] (everfree.com was taken and so was evfr.com)

You can try to go there now, but you might get an error till the nameservers point at the correct hosting.

It works alright, nice emblim with a simple background but it's a start.

Posted Image

Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. DId you find this somewhere or make it yourself?

• Brohoof 1

It works alright, nice emblim with a simple background but it's a start.

Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. DId you find this somewhere or make it yourself?

The current page is a place holder till everything is done.

I made the emblem in Illustrator then made it look worn out in photoshop.

• Brohoof 3

It works alright, nice emblim with a simple background but it's a start.Posted ImageLooks pretty good if I do say so myself. DId you find this somewhere or make it yourself?

Looks bad ass i love it, can't wait to see the rest of the site, whenever you get it done. lets all start the waiting game. yayayayayay, keep up the awesome work

Well I think my account got hacked. so if you see me online, THATS NOT ME, JUST ASK ME WHAT MY FAV PONY IS: ANSWER RD

Edited by darkmist

Looks bad ass i love it, can't wait to see the rest of the site, whenever you get it done. lets all start the waiting game. yayayayayay, keep up the awesome work

Well I think my account got hacked. so if you see me online, THATS NOT ME, JUST ASK ME WHAT MY FAV PONY IS: ANSWER RD

How do you know you've been hacked? Are you sure it's not a problem with the login server? If you haven't already contact support. You should be able to get your account back through them.

I already put in a ticket to them, they say the I need to verify my email because im logging on with a different IP address, I have yet to play the on any other computers but my desktop. So if my IP address has changed from something its because someone hacked my account. Its that or anet never sent me the email with the the verify code