Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I hate Diamond Tiara

Chip Joshua Williams

I don't dislike her, but I do wish they hadn't just abandoned her once she "reformed". She goes from being a pretty consistent character in most CMC episodes to being basically a background pony which was lame.

49 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

I don't dislike her, but I do wish they hadn't just abandoned her once she "reformed". She goes from being a pretty consistent character in most CMC episodes to being basically a background pony which was lame.

The writers really dropped the ball on that one.

• Brohoof 1

Loved her redemption in S5, but still can't believe they never did anything with her after that. Yes, her character was technically complete, but with the way the show was going in the final seasons, I really expected her to be a major player in another episode. One of the biggest missed opportunities in all of FiM IMO.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Apparently they actually wanted to do more episodes with her but after Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Hasbro turned down any episode to do with her, due to feeling "her role was finished". Given a lot of crap episodes were made S6 onward, surely they could have easily replaced those for a DT focused episode. An episode of DT trying to make up for all the bad things she's done to the CMC(only for them to have already forgiven her and let bygones be bygones) writes itself and would have been far much better than crap like 28 Pranks Later, Honest Apple, Yakity Sax and 246Great

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Moments ago, Duff McWhalen said:

Apparently they actually wanted to do more episodes with her but after Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Hasbro turned down any episode to do with her, due to feeling "her role was finished". Given a lot of crap episodes were made S6 onward, surely they could have easily replaced those for a DT focused episode. An episode of DT trying to make up for all the bad things she's done to the CMC(only for them to have already forgiven her and let bygones be bygones) writes itself and would have been far much better than crap like 28 Pranks Later, Honest Apple, Yakity Sax and 246Great

The writers really did not treat her or Silver Spoon well at all. Her reformation was a bit rushed and they should have done it over several episodes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Cheerilee said:

The writers really did not treat her or Silver Spoon well at all. Her reformation was a bit rushed and they should have done it over several episodes.

It's more on Hasbro than the writers. I've given them a lot of crap in the past(particularly how they treated RD in the second half of the show for example), but this one isn't one of them. They were pretty explicit on why they never came back to DT despite really wanting to

Edited by Duff McWhalen
  • Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Duff McWhalen said:

It's more on Hasbro than the writers. I've given them a lot of crap in the past(particularly how they treated RD for example), but this one isn't one of them. They were pretty explicit on why they never came back to DT despite really wanting to

However it may be, it is one of my largest gripes with G4 of all time. If it was up to me a reformed DT and SP would have been main secondary characters along with the CMC.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...