Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is a movie that everyone likes but you dislike?

OkBuddy

I really didn't like avatar: The last airbender and The Campaign. I thought both were just awful movies, Avatar TLA to be just a horrible reenactment of the series, and the Campaign to be just unfunny and stupid

I really didn't like avatar: The last airbender and The Campaign. I thought both were just awful movies, Avatar TLA to be just a horrible reenactment of the series, and the Campaign to be just unfunny and stupid

Last time I checked, everyone hated that movie :P. Only 8% of the critics liked it, and even for today's standards, that's downright terrible :o

• Brohoof 2

E.T.

I never found it interesting, simple ast that. If I'm gonna watch an alien movie, I want them to be mean. That's why I like TS3, Battleship, War of the Worlds, ETC

Amen to that, ET is overrated.

I agree a bit about the Hunger Games, I knew how it would end but it was well acted.

For me personally it would be 2012, that movie just sucked big time, same with 90% of the Ice Age movies or any other dreamworks animated movie nowadays.

Edited by SamtheLegoman

It's a Wonderful Life. Lame, preachy and overall rather corny.

American Beauty. Pretentious as all hell...that plastic bag thing made me laugh out loud at how nauseatingly heart-felt it was trying to be.

Saying that I dislike The Hunger Games is going a bit too far, but it's not a groundbreaking movie and I don't find the moments that are obviously supposed to be surprising and change your expectations for the outcome to be that profound. Not bad overall. Annoying in some parts, and there are times when I want to yell at the kids how best to handle a situation, but nothing unbearable.

I dunno, I guess the Twilight saga but no one but teen girls seem to like it anyways. Also the Resident Evil movies, people seem to like them for some reason but I don't like that they have nothing to do with the games so I'd rather just play those. :P

Hmm not easy for me as I tend to like most things

Spiderman 3. I was hugely disappointed in how little Venom actually appeared in that movie.

There are people who actually liked Spider-Man 3? :huh:

Their are 3 movies that I don't like, but everyone else seemed to like.

Avatar- This was a movie I wish I just walked out of. Just everything about this film was bad.

Super 8- Like how Avatar is like Ferngully with giant smurfs, Super 8 is like E.T. if he was a bad alien. Now everyone I talked to said this was a bad movie. The only ones who liked it were critics. The idea was dome, alien was unbelievable, and the kids in the movie were just stupid.

Little Miss Sunshine- I don't get why this movie is so good. None of the jokes were good, to much was going on, and I don't know what was up with that girl.

Avatar - While some of visuals are nice, the story's incredibly stupid and predictable, and I just do NOT give a crap at all about the characters, if I can call them actual characters, since they're just bland mediocre stereotypes.

The Muppets - I'm sorry, but this new Muppet movie was really bad. I mean while it felt good to see a new Muppet film on the big screen again, there's a lot of things in this film that really failed to genuinely amuse me and win me over. I hate how Jason Segal and Amy Adams get more screentime than the Muppets themselves, when it should really be the exact opposite. The songs are lackluster, the celebrity cameos were just....there, most of the jokes were unfunny and very forced, and the whole story was just really stupid and implausible, even by Muppet movie standards.

Braveheart - It had a few great scenes here and there, but as a whole, it really didn't do anything for me.

The Dark Knight - I really liked it when it first came out, but I sudddenly found myself disliking it a couple years later when finally rewatching it on DVD. Honestly, aside from the Joker scenes, I felt very bored and uninterested in the story, and even most of the action scenes failed to thrill me. I much prefer Tim Burton's Batman over Christopher Nolan's series.

I've got plenty of other films that I can't stand while everyone else likes, but I'll bring them up later.

It's not that I dislike them, it's just I don't really care for them. But nonetheless, I would have to say the Harry Potter series and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I jus simpy don't care for them. I respect the authors of both series; I'm just not a huge fan. That's all.

Ted (never liked Seth McFarline except for American Dad)

The Expendables (It's another action movie)

21 Jump Street (thinner Jonah Hill annoys me)

The Resiedent Evil series (I liked the first and second one, but after that I lost interest and it just became a bit latter, rinse, repeat.)

Paranormal Activity series (Went to see the first one stopped there, the series try's way too hard to shock the veiwer)

X-Men: First Class (Not the original line up)

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (in my opinion too overhyped)

The Transformer movies (I really hate the character designs)