Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You see a giant asteroid plummeting towards Earth.

ZLTavs

Well in this case, we will all die but at least we didn't blow each other up, however there is a positive from all of this.

Where do we go when we die?

TOO EQUESTRIA AND BEYOND!

I hope you're right, I really really hope you are right, because I'd love to see Earth get annihilated if this was the truth.

I mean it.

3 days before the impact, I would attempt to make "Dawn of the First Day; 72 hours remain" a trending topic on Twitter and every social network site.

I'd actually wake up early every day just so I can say this, because for the first time ever, Majora's mask can actually apply to me.

The asteroid would be noticed years before, but if it couldnt be stopped, on the last few hours I'd climb on a hill, lay down next to a nice tree and play this.

Most of my happy memories and best friends are from EvE Online, and this song is a sort of our anthem, often played when we do crazy stuff together (or just get drunk and talk nonsense on mumble)

The asteroid would be noticed years before, but if it couldnt be stopped, on the last few hours I'd climb on a hill, lay down next to a nice tree and play this.

Most of my happy memories and best friends are from EvE Online, and this song is a sort of our anthem, often played when we do crazy stuff together (or just get drunk and talk nonsense on mumble)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXmf0nvx500

This is actually fitting, it talks about awaiting for your destruction and talking about facing your deaths bravely and carelessy.

i have put thought into this and the only thing i can think of is trying to get into the white house oval office sit in the deskfaced twords the window hands together get a secret service man to come up and ask "mr.president what shall we do?" i turn elbows on desk break hands apart and say, nothing! long complicated and probly wont be able to do it just how i like it.

I would be singing this song if that would happen!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyFiClAzq8

I also would do the same as Blue with what he stated with his last sentence. I would be really sad too :(

I would either A: Watch you sing the song or B: pull out my fife and play a really sad funeral march of some sort. Or better yet, we could do a duet!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXmf0nvx500

W...why is that bee wearing that pike helmet that the germans wore in WWI? THEY'RE PLANNING SOMETHING AREN'T THEY? the bees are going to invade!

Nothing, there is nothing you can do really, I'd just watch and wait for the time to come, and considering the state of the world as of now, I actually wouldn't mind it. (I'm Christian btw)

I'll grab the biggest piece of paper I could find and shout "paper beats rock! You lose muffinlicker!"

On a serious note, maybe I will use my last breath to scream the worst profanity I could think of. If Blue was right, then there would be no time to screw around.

I would just go to a high place and slowly put my shades on and yell "Come at me bro!" at the top of my lungs... That just seems like the coolest thing to do.

Well you forgot, listening to the LAST DAY THEME from LEGEND OF ZELDA MAJORAS MASK (that song that plays in the final 12 hours)

While wearing shades, STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TARGET on the ground. Yellin'

"WHATS WRONG BRO, UMAD ASTEROID!?!"

Edited by Shadow_Bolts
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly...

I'd start praying. I'm not the most religious person. But I'd honestly just want to make things right with the big man up there. I'd also feel like crap for not repenting my sins earlier.

step 1: First off i go to a crowded area

step 2: find intercom

step 3: play the "you better get ready to die song" from cupcakes and once that is over play the "it's a brand new day" song from doctor horribles sing along blog... come to think of it, here it is ^^

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU1i1gNaYqg

Seriously if you haven't seen this, watch it through!!! it is funny as Hell.

especially once you hand her the keys to a brand new Australia

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 1

I would do what I did in a dream and start dodging debree like a ninja, fly up to the moon, and laugh while I watch everyone die while screaming 'PEASANTS'

...No? Well, I'd probably spend time with my family, then do things I've always wanted to do. Like punch a few people I know in the face.

This is what happens in the movie Deep Impact, from a comet about 1 mile across.

To get a sense of that scale, imagine this:

Posted Image

Imagine about 40 of all of those ships each, and all of them clustered together in a big pile.

Now imagine that pile flying at 30 times the speed of sound. There isn't really anything that could be done to slow that down.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQSJj3pypA

The asteroid strikes, releasing an intense burst of various radiations (all non-ionizing, so it's not nuclear, strictly speaking.) which push away all previous prevailing weather systems for a good 200 kilometres in every direction, at a nominal portion of the speed of light (all the clouds vanish.) Then the shock-wave, which travels at the speed of sound, carrying with it a wall of the ocean about 1200 feet high, which will carry forward and impact the Eastern coast of Canada, the United States, Greenland, Ireland, England, France, Spain, Portugal and every Atlantic-bordering nation. Eventually this wave will disperse into world-record setting giant tsunamis throughout all ocean-bordering nations for several weeks, and resonance systems will be able to pick up the tremors probably on their dozenth pass through the Earth. (The impact in this sequence occurs in the Atlantic Coast of North Carolina, USA.)

Dust from the impact will be the equivalent of hundreds of times the Eyjafjallajökull eruptions, and will blot out the sun for a month or more throughout Eastern North America and Western Europe.

Major world cities that would likely be destroyed would include New York City (demonstrated), Washington, D.C., Lisbon.

Bremuda, The Bahamas, Cuba, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Cape Verde, the Canary Islands and the Faroe Islands would all be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Greenland, Ireland, Mauritania, Western Sahara, Senegal, Spain and Portugal would all be extremely heavily damaged along their Atlantic-facing coastlines. And since most of the populations of these countires live on said coastlines, their populations would have to retreat to higher ground within the country, or face the impact of the giant wave.

Major world cities that would likely suffer serious damage by the shockwave or subsequent tsunamis would be Montreal, Toronto, London, Casablanca, Port-Au-Prince, Havana, Rio De Janeiro, Cape Town and Reykjavik.

This goes without saying that Eastern United States all but totally destroyed.

In the movie, the government has well prepared for this, and has evacuated about 70% of the population to the interior, where all they would see is a brief streak in the Eastern sky, and several minutes later, a very violent and abrupt but very short earthquake.

1 mile across.

There are numerous asteroids that have been found larger and smaller, but with the distance we can see them at the technology we have, I have confidence that we would have advanced warning either to mitigate the treat or counter the effects, even if slightly.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 2

so it is going to hit the earth and pretty much survival rate of 0% well id go up to all the girls i had crush's on if i couldn't find them call them and deeply confess my feelings for them and tell them all that as out last day on earth i wanna spend it with them... and totally try and have a huge massive *censored* with them all seeing as we would all die why not hahaha but id go after that and commit huge massive crimes because either way they are gonna kill me in the process or i die from the asteroid so id have a fun way of leaving the world ya know. while jamming out to my End Of The World Mix lol

Realistically: literally run around in circles in an old RPG like manner until eventual demise.

What I would LIKE to do: say:

"Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle! And this'll help things turn out for the best... aaaaaand..."

Then I would try to get everyone singing, clapping and whistling along until the end of either us, or the song. Might as well go with dignity, right? Plus, Always Look on the Bright Side of Life is entirely appropriate for that moment! :P

Edited by Celtore

I would get my best friends together and we would make ourselves an nice evening and simply have fun. The last hours I'd meet with my family and hold a mass(with prayers, music, etc...)

I wouldn't commit major crimes against other humans because it's

a)against my belief and if there is a hell, I don't want to go there because I've fucked up on the last day

b)against my morals