Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First attempt at a mane 6 character

akita-ken

As I continue my journey of trying to draw ponies as show accurate as possible, I decided to try one of the Mane 6 instead of an OC this weekend, and what better candidate than my favourite pony Fluttershy ;)

I used a tiny screencap from the 'yay' scene as a reference and tried to replicate it as close as possible. This time I went with the show's style of having the pony outlined in a darker hue of it's coat colour rather than just leaving it as black. However for the life of me I was unable to figure out a way of getting the paint bucket to fill the whites of her eyes without leaving at least a thin line to contain the 'paint' so that it wouldn't end up colouring the whole pony white. My poor Fluttershy ends up looking like she got punched in the eyes with those black rings around the bottom halves of her eyes. Could someone enlighten me as to the proper way it should be done? I really scratched my head for a good hour or so trying to figure out a way around it before compromising on the 0.25pt line. :(

post-7476-0-23625300-1347646432_thumb.png

• Brohoof 7

thanks! i hope to be able to be able to draw as close as possible to the show's style one day so if you mistook it as a screenshot from the show at first then thats good to hear haha :)

For your first mane 6 character, this is great! Your first is much better than my first.

As long as you are going for show accurate, I'm going to go ahead and nit pick because small details make some of the biggest impacts.

The back of her mane should be a bit longer as it almost touches the ground. The front part of her mane should extend out a little less, as in it should start curving inward just a little bit sooner.

Her ear should also be a bit wider.

Last thing I want to add is that her legs should curve forward just a little bit more.

Other than that, this is great, the overall body shape, cutie mark and wings are all spot on.

Also her eyes give off that sense of innocence pretty well.

So there's my two cents.

• Brohoof 1

argh oh dear i'm still making the 'head too small' mistake!!! this is like the fourth time i've made the head too small >_< :(

note to self: fluttershy's mane is extremely difficult to draw properly :P

Edited by akita-ken