Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should FiM change to traditional animation?

RoboGuy9000

Don't fix something that isn't broken. Why would mimicking other shows' styles help in any way, anyway? I think the animation is great and has it's own unique flavor that makes the characters cute, the environments vibrant and the art style cool to observe. The folks working up in the studios should spend their time furthering the scope of what they can include into the show with the new places and creatures the ponies will encounter, not try and change the animation style overall ^^

If something isn't broke, don't fix it.

One of the reasons I like the show is because of its colorful animation. Changing it would probably only cause a looot of problems. And personally, I'd probably be very unhappy to see it changed.

Think of it this way;
If you thought the whole Derpy shitstorm was annoyingly bad, this would be like some sort of fanbase apocalypse. Or something like that.
._. Shitstorms out the wazoo, man.

• 7 years later...

Absolutely not!

Flash animation worked perfectly for FIM, and also in some degree for Equestria Girls.

I think traditional animation would make FIM look more like G1 or Tales, and we really don't want that, do we?

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Splashee said:

Absolutely not!

Flash animation worked perfectly for FIM, and also in some degree for Equestria Girls.

I think traditional animation would make FIM look more like G1 or Tales, and we really don't want that, do we?

If it’s polished enough it wouldn’t look too bad

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

If it’s polished enough it wouldn’t look too bad

It would look good, but it wouldn't be unique. And I am not sure we would be here if it wasn't unique. I would be on some random Anime forum, because those use traditional animation (mostly).

(edited)
On 5/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, Splashee said:

Absolutely not!

It'd look more like this, which I'd love to see.

large.gif

Edited by vgmaster9
  • Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

It'd look more like this, which I'd love to see.

large.gif

Hmm, those outlines are Flash animation compatible. What I mean is, that is still what I would categorize as Flash animation. Shading and movements might be traditional animation if it is Movie budget.

Even digitally drawn animation from the best scenes of Dragon Ball Super Anime (2017) don't have that clean outline style that Flash animation is known for, that you are showing in that animation.

On 5/31/2020 at 3:49 AM, vgmaster9 said:

Well it's not drawn in Flash, but Toon Boom Harmony. It was used to animate the movie, but was used for a different animation method.

Thank you for giving me this information.
So this is what Toon Bloom Harmony does huh? I need to do some research about it. I can see the animation has a lot of lighting to it.

I didn't like the Movie or Rainbow Roadtrip, but I am against the pony design in those cases. :smolder: