Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do I go from here? / I should say this right now.

Ganaram Inukshuk

I was going to make a depressive-sounding post, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

And by "Arrow" I mean "Thought of reconsidreation", and by "Knee", I mean "My head". So how do I go about this without making it sound depressing? By adding cheese.

(Unhide spoiler for more of my backstory. Otherwise, just skip it.)

I always thought deviantART, Simtropolis, and SC4Devotion would be my whole entire world for me, but things either get too boring or too dramatic for my presence to be maintained.

I joined deviantART for the HTF fandom, but I had a horrifically rough start that pushed me to the verge of quitting many times. I even went as far as destroying Ganaram, the only character representative of myself. At that point, I knew I was less than desirable around the dA community, and destroying the scum of a manifestation was the only way I (thought) would cleanse myself. It made matters worse. My activity plummeted soon afterwards, and after three months of self-imposed exile, I revitalised Ganaram.

This was back in December 2009 to January 2010. What later happened was I leeched my deviantART emotions into my schoolwork, and got reported for being depressed. Boo. I "finagled" my way out of it by lying, but as an incentive to prevent that from happening again, in came the cheese incentive, a strange incentive that added a higher level of enthusiasm to my dA life by omitting what happened in the past and enjoying what I have now.

I wasn't really into the fandom, but more into the works of another fan. (A fan of a fan, fanception LOLOL.) It was the pure obsession that broke me in; The source of my original inspiration turned out to be the source of much of my heartache. After that, I decided to break away from that and decided to do my own thing: Drawing for myself and the handful of people who watch me, and it worked.

I joined Simtropolis for a more trivial reason: To download the Network Addon Mod, and that's it. Several months later, I downloaded an immense amount of Simcity 4 plugins.

The same can be said for SC4Devotion, but I was more of a lurker than anything. What pushed me from being a lurker into being one of the modders of my favourite SC4 plugin ever? An online friend almost died. Actually he was in a state of recovery, and what I can remember is that he would rather be dead than be in the state he's in. What did I do? I ragequit deviantART, minus the rage.

This is what I turned my deviantART account in to:

Posted Image

After that ragequit he later broke down and added a reconciliaiton journal.

And this is what I wrote in my very first post on SC4D:

Who knows where I'll go from here?

So anyway... Yeah...

- G-DO-29--Anagram (Also my name can have hyphens as well... And I can be a bit lengthy in saying things...)

Also as of May 30, 2010, 2:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, I'm pretty much decided to literally take refuge in the SC4 fourms. Things on DA went horribly wrong with a friend...

However I do NOT intend to stop with work in both HTF and SC4. I've things to do in both facets.

This was about two years ago so there's no problem now.

Why am I on MLPForums? Because somepony else was. OK, just like everything else before, I was a bit of a lurker. I joined around the same time I finally got Minecraft (Early December 2011; Merry Christmas to me), but had about a three-week period of inactivity, simply because I had no idea where to go from there and because I was reluctant on what to do.

This is a very unique forum; It's as active as SC4Devotion, has the layout of Simtropolis, but has an even smaller population. The problem is this: I'm now lost at where to go from here.

I had a number of plans concerning the art aspect, but usually when I don't receive feedback (Case in point, the pictures of Ganaram and Gem I just posted yesterday), I assume people don't like it. I don't know if it's me, something on the forums, or the fact that I just so happen to post at the wrong time.

I do have other things I'd like to share, but not if no feedback is given, because sharing something that people won't notice would be a waste. I was on the verge of quitting MLPForums, and repeating the same exact chain of events that followed my deviantART activity. But given three years of experience, I should know how to intervene. I should just say what's on my mind right now before things escalate into something too big to rectify. Such as never returning for three months and upon return, say that I've been gone for three months and give the same exact response I'm giving now.

Don't get me wrong; I love this place. It's that I feel like I've been lost by everyone else...

-----

TL;DR version: Does anyone have any interest in what I have to share?

• Brohoof 1

I do take an interest in what you have to say, don't leave!

you're a very skilled artist! and I saw your thread, I didn't comment on it at the time, don't leave I want to see some more art from you!

trust me this forum is a nice place, and seeing as you have been here as a lurker for a while you'd probably know that, maybe it was just bad luck that your thread went unnoticed.

Edited by Flare

I will tell you one thing anypony should know of me. I love and tolerate everypony, and I always want to see what each pony is good at. So yes, I would love to see anything you have to share! Be a song, art, parody, anything. I love what the community produces, so anything anypony puts out I try to look at!

I also love to help anypony I can, so if you need help with anything, you can always ask me for help.

Well, to be fair your art was only posted yesterday and is still on the front page; sometimes things don't get replied to right away. ;)

Though, even without discussions on your art, I'd hope that there would be enough here to keep you occupied given the range of threads and such that appear here.

• Brohoof 2