Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Horror Games

Unified Draft

(BTW i'm also looking for a scary movie if you have any suggestions)

oh dear.

I am a big horror fan, especially horror movies.

If I would make a list of horror movies it would take me more than 5 hours..

I'll link you to some posts I've made in random horror threads around the forums.

I've made quite alot of posts in these topics I think.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/19470-whats-the-most-violent-film-you-have-ever-watched/

http://mlpforums.com/topic/25735-scariest-horror-movie-you-have-ever-seen

oh dear.

I am a big horror fan, especially horror movies.

If I would make a list of horror movies it would take me more than 5 hours..

I'll link you to some posts I've made in random horror threads around the forums.

I've made quite alot of posts in these topics I think.

http://mlpforums.com...e-ever-watched/

http://mlpforums.com...-have-ever-seen

Thanks I've been looking for a good scare and some insomnia to top it off. I think these threads should help me in my search for a scare.

@,

If you don't find anything you think sounds interesting in there I reccomend the horror.com top 100 horror movie list.

I am a member or horror.com and I can say that it's a bit outdated but it has many really good movies in it.

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22953

or the best 200 movies of the 2000's

(also a bit outdated)

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57683

@,

If you don't find anything you think sounds interesting in there I reccomend the horror.com top 100 horror movie list.

I am a member or horror.com and I can say that it's a bit outdated but it has many really good movies in it.

http://www.horror.co...ead.php?t=22953

or the best 200 movies of the 2000's

(also a bit outdated)

http://www.horror.co...ead.php?t=57683

That should help to. (BTW i checked out the first thread and your post... i'm looking for a scary movie not something that is going to scar me for life. :blink: (still might give me insomnia though)

My first horor game was R.E , I was realy little but the cinematic with real actors and creezy effects was enough to scare me.

But now here's my list:

Amnesia: Play by night, with the sound at maximum, no light, near from an old indian cementery destroyed by the pioneers and cursed since this day, it's prety awesome. You spend more time being scared about what you imagine than what you actualy see, and when they are realy monsters it's even worse.

But if you take it as a video game, dont make an effort to go "inside" of the game, and keep in mind that all the monster's apparition are scripted, then you just wasted your time.

Call of Cthulhu Dark corner of the Hearth: not a very famous game, and I must admit the most of it suck. But the first part when you discover this dark lovecraftian world (for those who played it, it's everything before you get a weapon) is just priceless. First an introduction when your character gets traumitized for his life, and then a whole scene of investigation when you dicover little by little that there's monsters in the town where you're working. And all of a sudon they are after you.

For most part of it, stay away of it.

But the begining will give you the perfect mix of fear, questioning, and feeling. Not enough to be scared to death, but you dont have to "go inside of the game" to fell it, the game is so good that it takes you.

Also if you are a fan of lovecraft, dont think just find it and play.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Tchernobyl: No that's not a horor game, but the parts in the underground laboratories (dont remember the name) is just priceless.

Minecraft:

That's a joke.

ps: I usualy stay away for the two I considers as clasics "Resident Evil" and "Silent Hill", the old ones were goods as horor games but now RE is more like an action serie (but still good sometime) and S.H forgot how they made the good mix between psychotic stuf and gore images and they are jsut doing too much.

To be honest, Slender is only truly scary when you're playing it. I got surprised for the first time when the static came and all of a sudden, Slenderman's face appears. Haven't played Amnesia yet, though.

Ya when i watched videos of it I thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal but when I played it i was terrified when he came out of no where

To be honest, Slender is only truly scary when you're playing it. I got surprised for the first time when the static came and all of a sudden, Slenderman's face appears. Haven't played Amnesia yet, though.

If you guys are true fanatics of the horror genre, then you should try other games like amnesia, grey, silent hill, condemned, doom, dead space, and ju-on. These games are sure to give you a good scare.

Most entertaining, well made horror game I've ever played was Penumbra: Black Plague.

As for straight scarry?

I'd Have to go with Silent Hill 3. The way Silent Hill just twisted everything, and made everything so creepy, a true work of art

• Brohoof 1

As for straight scarry?

I'd Have to go with Silent Hill 3. The way Silent Hill just twisted everything, and made everything so creepy, a true work of art

Great minds think alike. I play it in the dark. :ph34r:

That mannequin room still creeps me out. And the noises the nurses make, when you know they're coming but you can't see them.

Posted Image

But Heather knows how to take care of biznas. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree that slender is one of the scariest games i have played. Scary games aren't really my "thing" because they never really get me. When i started playing slender, i wasn't able to sleep for a few days.

Play Cry of Fear then, you won't be able to sleep for a year.

Posted Image

Currently, this is really the only horror game I've ever played, and that's because I thought the gameplay was really quite intriguing. It's basically like the Luigi's Mansion feature where you scan stuff with your Game Boy Horror SP, but now it's actually really heart throbbing lol.

This game, and the series, holy shit.

I played the series with my sister, this game is awesome.

I also recommend Kuon, check it out it has a good storyline and the enemies are creepy.

Play Cry of Fear then, you won't be able to sleep for a year.

This game, and the series, holy shit.

I played the series with my sister, this game is awesome.

I also recommend Kuon, check it out it has a good storyline and the enemies are creepy.

Yuo obviously didn't read any of my other posts. In some of my later posts I list games that I've played and give a review on them. Cry of Fear was one of the games I had already played, and i really don't find it to be that scary. If you got any other suggestions for games I should play, feel free to tell me, I am open to suggestion.

• Brohoof 1

Yuo obviously didn't read any of my other posts. In some of my later posts I list games that I've played and give a review on them. Cry of Fear was one of the games I had already played, and i really don't find it to be that scary. If you got any other suggestions for games I should play, feel free to tell me, I am open to suggestion.

Yeah, i didn't read the whole thread so i didn't see your posts.

This map for Doom 2 i think that it's called Ghoul's Forest, you should try it.

Cry of Fear gave me nightmares! I don't know how you couldn't find that game scary, though i'm scared of things running to me like that... maybe you aren't.

Edited by The Milkman

The scariest game I've played, huh? ... There are so many I've played. The Fatal Frame series (not 4th), Silent Hill series, Amnesia (demo), Resident Evil series and then some games that weren't even supposed to be scary. ...

... Out of all the horror games that I've played, I choose...

Posted Image

... as the scariest game I've played.

While the graphics and voice acting were awful even when it came out, the game is absolutely scary in many ways. There's no way of knowing where the enemy is attacking when you're outside even if you have your radio on, not to mention WHAT enemy is attacking thanks to the fog or darkness. And as the game progresses it becomes scarier by each step. Both music and sound effects were quite scary most of the time and macabre music in the intro is simply scary.

There are several points in the game that scared me half to death and many that simply surprised me a lot. Haven't played Silent Hill: Shattered Memories yet so the place might change.

Edited by Koori
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, i didn't read the whole thread so i didn't see your posts.

This map for Doom 2 i think that it's called Ghoul's Forest, you should try it.

Cry of Fear gave me nightmares! I don't know how you couldn't find that game scary, though i'm scared of things running to me like that... maybe you aren't.

This post may destroy your ability to sway my opinion. First of all I am a HUGE horror fanatic, I've seen nearly all there is to come by in the horror genre. Unfortunately, being a huge horror fan, i have come to lose most of the sensations of horror gaming, mainly because I've nearly seen it all.(which explains why most of the horror games people have listed in this discussion don't scare me.)

On the other hand, I cannot disagree with your opinion because there are some things that some people may be completely afraid of, while it may cause me to laugh (if you can believe that). So, I appreciate your suggestion, but if you really want to suggest a game for me to play, it should be at least 3 times scarier then cry of fear and 20% cooler than it.

Edited by navymojo22
  • Brohoof 1

Blood one and two were creepy. Doom 2 scared the hell out of me, couldn't sleep for a week after the end boss. never played Slender but i might, the first Fear was also kind of creepy (after that it was just crap) played amnesia for a little bit, never really scared me all that much. Dead Space scared me out of my wits. but the 2ed one was a little less for that. I the Silent Hill games creeped me the hell out. RE not so much. thats about it for me

This post may destroy your ability to say my opinion. First of all I am a HUGE horror fanatic, I've seen nearly all there is to come by in the horror genre. Unfortunately, being a huge horror fan, i have come to lose most of the sensations of horror gaming, mainly because I've nearly seen it all.(which explains why most of the horror games people have listed in this discussion don't scare me.)

On the other hand, I cannot disagree with your opinion because there are some things that some people may be completely afraid of, while it may cause me to laugh (if you can believe that). So, I appreciate your suggestion, but if you really want to suggest a game for me to play, it should be at least 3 times scarier then cry of fear and 20% cooler than it.

Damn... you're tough as bricks then, i haven't really played a lot of survival horror games, i played the ones that my sister played.

How about you recommend me a game then?

There needs to be suspense, uncertainty, a lingering dread that may never be justified to make a game truly frightening. Games like Amnesia have that but I find Amnesia more frustrating than anything because it denies me my instinct to grab a nearby object and challenge whatever is coming for me rather than hiding. Resident Evil was great up until the third game. As much as everybody loves the fourth one, I didn't because of the gameplay becoming more action-oriented and above all unfaithful to the origins of the series, though I'll admit it still had many terrifying moments, most of which were created by the atmosphere rather than what you encountered. Guys with chainsaws and giants are a little too passé to elicit even a bead of cold sweat. Same goes for tentacle-headed monsters. The first in the series was the best in terms of frights. What is it about old mansions that have long given people the creeps? I don't know, but it works. Probably the long, dark corridors and many corners that could have something lurking on the other side. The type of environment literally brings the fear closer to home, making you feel like this could be happening in your own house. That familiarity I'm sure has much to do with it, if only on a subconscious level. It did a number on me many times throughout the game.

The original Doom is the most frightening experience I've ever had. Playing it and watching it are completely different so don't judge it by any videos you may have seen. Doom 3 had it going on for a while but eventually got stale. There came a point where I knew what to expect based on my surroundings. Something is lurking around that corner or behind that door, something is going to break through that ventilation shaft, etc. There was one moment that really caught me by surprise though. An imp was crawling along the ceiling. Hadn't seen that trick before. I hear nothing as I walk down a dark corridor when I see just the faintest highlight on one of his legs for an instant. I shine my flashlight up there, see this monstrosity silently dragging itself towards me, and was fumbling (as much as one can fumble with a keyboard) for the flashlight/last weapon key. The first two Doom games were just as scary as they were action-packed, They were run and gun shoot 'em ups but always kept me in a cold sweat.

Doom 3's scares were all linear. That is, you move forward, deal with whatever you're presented with, and continue on. In the original two, you would be too busy trying to defend yourself against whatever is before you to mind your flank. So right after I finish taking out that Cacodemon that filled the corridor I was heading down, I turn around to find a Pinky right in my face, eating me alive. You were never allowed to get used to the environments either. No level was completely dark so that you would get comfortable with it and plow on. You would have normally lit areas with necessary keycards or better weapons stashed in dark areas that you dreaded entering, but often had no choice. The music was absolutely dreadful in some areas. I mean it was actually sorrowful and made you feel like there was no hope. Skip to 7:08 of this video for a good example. And listen to the sounds the Hell Knights/Barons of Hell make. Chilling.

And if you haven't played Doom but think it looks more like a chaotic mess than anything due to this video, no. Try playing it. This guy just knows where everything is and it taking shortcuts. A newcomer trudging through it for the first time will find themselves quite unsettled.

Edited by Artemis

Damn... you're tough as bricks then, i haven't really played a lot of survival horror games, i played the ones that my sister played.

How about you recommend me a game then?

You only play horror games your sister recommends? If you really want some good recommendations, you've come to the right place. As I mentioned much earlier in this discussion, there were a few games that I found to be pretty scary. (may as well list them again)

Grey: Fairly similar to cry of fear. What makes this scary is mainly the darkness, freaky monsters (lurking around every corner, waiting to jump out and scare you), and fairly loud screams of the monster.

Fatal frame: I actually really like this game, it is unique to many other games in terms of enemies, story, protection, and characters.

Dead space: Pretty similar to other survival horror games such as resident evil, other than the fact that you are in space. If you are looking to play your first survival, then I would recommend this game.

Silent hill series: It was pretty good, although, I didn't get the same kind of scare as any other person would, considering that I had watched the movie before playing the game.

Condemned: I don't know, I really didn't like it as much as others. I found it really only found it to be scary at some times in the game, but it really wasn't consistent with the scares.

Slender: It really is a low quality game, but the effect of it (the music, feeling of something watching you, sound of the characters heart beat progressively getting quicker, etc.) is what makes it a good game. Also, it, in my opinion, makes the game a whole lot scarier if you know the back-story of slender man.

I probably left out a lot of games I talked about earlier in the discussion, but i'm tired and generally don't feel like typing any more, so ...yea hoped this post helped.

• Brohoof 1

You only play horror games your sister recommends? If you really want some good recommendations, you've come to the right place. As I mentioned much earlier in this discussion, there were a few games that I found to be pretty scary. (may as well list them again)

Grey: Fairly similar to cry of fear. What makes this scary is mainly the darkness, freaky monsters (lurking around every corner, waiting to jump out and scare you), and fairly loud screams of the monster.

Fatal frame: I actually really like this game, it is unique to many other games in terms of enemies, story, protection, and characters.

Dead space: Pretty similar to other survival horror games such as resident evil, other than the fact that you are in space. If you are looking to play your first survival, then I would recommend this game.

Silent hill series: It was pretty good, although, I didn't get the same kind of scare as any other person would, considering that I had watched the movie before playing the game.

Condemned: I don't know, I really didn't like it as much as others. I found it really only found it to be scary at some times in the game, but it really wasn't consistent with the scares.

Slender: It really is a low quality game, but the effect of it (the music, feeling of something watching you, sound of the characters heart beat progressively getting quicker, etc.) is what makes it a good game. Also, it, in my opinion, makes the game a whole lot scarier if you know the back-story of slender man.

I probably left out a lot of games I talked about earlier in the discussion, but i'm tired and generally don't feel like typing any more, so ...yea hoped this post helped.

ARGHHHHHHHH *flips over table in rage* I forgot about that abomination of a movie, now I got even more rage fuel dedicated to what thesilent hill series has become *begins to swaggingly strut across his corridors with a fierce determination* I'll be doing this for hours now before I'll burn out all of this nerd rage.

Also, decent lists. I would like to suggest that you(milk man) also check out some creepy pasta and only stick to the first 3 silent hills. Resident evil...eh, I only played it up to 3 if I recall and those are pretty scary-mostly because at that point in my life I was just falling out of resident evil-creepy pasta as I said earlier is a good prep for the slender games which can enhance the experience a little,,,,if you find his mythos scary. If you don't then its just poorly made jump scares with...passable music that borderlines on above average at points.

Marble hornets videos are dedicated to slender man, those are also fantastic fear peddlers for the urban myth and I would STRONGLY recommend that you watch it from the start although I would also inform you to keep your volume low, a habit of slender man is to ear rape you in any media he is in.

Silent Hill was the first major horror game that I played and truly it is a very eerie game. The idea of the fog worked surprisingly well and the atmosphere was awesome.

Condemned Criminal Origins is another personal favorite of mine. It starts out with just a creepy atmosphere but some of the later levels, such as a mall and a basement, are actually very scary. Seeing an enemy moving off in the distance only for him to disappear in the darkness and sneak behind you is heart poundingly intense.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...