Everypony Hates Twilight?

Galaxia

I don't think Twilight is hated, I think it is because a--she didn't grow up in Ponyville, so she doesn't have the same connections and ties the others do and b--she is a bookworm pony. I know that she has friends now, but friends and friendship are pretty new to her, so I don't think she knows how to become really close with another pony yet. Maybe she'll get there! :')

It's definitely at least partially self-choice on Twilight's part. It's more than obvious that Twilight's friends all like her and enjoy her company. But I still see Twilight majorly enjoying spending time at home in her cozy library, with nothing but books, Spike and her experiments and checklists to keep her company. That's a massive part of who she is; she used to be a recluse pony who never really talked to anyone and just kept her nose in her books. She may have changed drastically due to the other Mane Six's involvement in her life, but I still think she enjoys being alone, or in her familiar enclosure environment at home sometimes.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 4

It's actually ironic that her mission is also to make friends in Ponyville, but she still has that receptive feeling of just focusing on her studies and being a nerdy pony.

Which actually sends out a very awkward message. It's sort of like saying "Twilight, get your ass over at Pinkie Pie's party instead of reading and studying for your SPT's! (Standardized Pony Test)" :P

• Brohoof 2

Twilight made it pretty clear that Chrysalis fooled everyone with her huge display of deception, not only in front of herself and her friends, but also in front of the mighty Princess Celestia. It's time to start throwing red flags at that point; you can't really blame the Mane 6 for responding to Twilight's accusations like that, but neither can you just forget about the Element of Magic so easily, regardless of the circumstances.

However, I need to stress that the Mane 6's friendships are far from perfect. On their own, they are quite capable and competent, with great personalities which is enough for the Elements to choose them as their masters. As a group, they function pretty well - this doesn't mean that they won't have the occasional major fued, though. Fluttershy was completely out of line in insulting Rarity & Pinkie Pie for their talents, for example. Applejack let her pride get in the way of not telling her friends because she was fearful of what they were going to think of her later on, despite knowing that they wouldn't treat her badly. Even Twilight herself created havoc around Ponyville because she let paranoia get the best of her, prompting Celestia to stop the madness she caused.

They all have their problems, but Twilight still does seem to retain her asocial behaviour from time to time, as she grew up with it. She has, however, learned the true meaning of friendship and is overall a much better pony on the inside compared to her younger days. There's far more to be learned, both as a friend to each of the Mane 6 and on an individual basis.

• Brohoof 2

Nopony hates Twilight. She just holds back a lot, even around her closest friends. She would rather be at home studying than throwing a wild party. The other ponies understand that. But since they're not being constantly updated on what she's thinking, some of her concerns come out of left field when she finally expresses them.

• Brohoof 1

Errm... So your saying that you don't like twilight because she is a lowner??

Well not "every pony" hates her...

There are some episodes where twilight is... Um... Not cairing... But really... She is celestias assistant.., err what ever... But her personality is that she likes to spend time with her books and sometimes with friends...

I still stand my grounds in the fact that although Twilight might not be hated, but I still think the rest of the Mane 6 like her the least out of their group of friends.

I honestly think the rest of the cast hangs around with her just because she has friends in high places.

I have to disagree with this. Now Rarity and Rainbow Dash may like because she is from Canterlot, so she may know some higher ups and maybe the Wonderbolt team, but Fluttershy , Pinkie Pie, and Apple Jack could care less about who she know. Also we don't know for sure if Twilight knows any high class ponies. So I don't think this is why her friends hang out with her.

• Brohoof 1

I have to disagree with this. Now Rarity and Rainbow Dash may like because she is from Canterlot, so she may know some higher ups and maybe the Wonderbolt team, but Fluttershy , Pinkie Pie, and Apple Jack could care less about who she know. Also we don't know for sure if Twilight knows any high class ponies. So I don't think this is why her friends hang out with her.

I think for Rarity canterlot was a big deal for sure, but dash showed interest in hanging out with Twi before she knew about canterlot( if I'm not mistaken) and its pretty clear that twilight has no wonderbolt connections. I think all of them just liked twilight for twilight from the beginning even if they needed to go through the nightmare moon incident to become better friends
  • Brohoof 1

Look at it this way.

Rainbow was pretty swift and nice to her BEFORE she knew she came from Canterlot. For example, instead of ditching her after she slapped her in mud, she was generous to use her Rain-blow-dry.

Fluttershy is generally shy, but after knowing that Twilight had the responsibility and time to take care of a baby dragon, she started to like her for her interest in animals.

Pinkie Pie...I don't need to explain her.

Rarity was generous and very nice toward Twilight, and very chatty. She even used her Generosity to give Twilight a new dress, then she heard about Canterlot. It was a big deal but then after hearing that she barely knew any higher-ups and wasn't classy, she treated her the same as her other friends/

Applejack couldn't care less about who Twilight knows. She was VERY FRIENDLY toward Twilight before she found about Canterlot. In fact, she gave her a huge pile of grub.

Twilight, when 'teleported' to the castle and disappeared from her friends, they were as worried as anything. Nobody was worried about Twilight the most. Notice Rarity, who is just as worried as Applejack. They even took the time, that they could be doing something else to find a friend in need.

The only reason they didn't trust Twilight at a Canterlot Wedding, was because changelings were probably just myths and they didn't want to spoil a beautiful wedding. Twilight isn't the Element of Honesty. She's the Element of Magic, so they were probably thinking she was loco in the coco. Chrysalis even fooled Celestia for Luna's sake.

Then said, Twilight loves reading. It's just the pony she is. The Mane Six is quite used to finding Twilight in the library. It's part of who she is - a very smart pony who loves reading and checklists. But that doesn't mean she can't find time for her friends, who are equally as content as her friend as she is. That's true friendship.

The most 'disliked' of mane 6? Why do we have to go there? They all like each other equally, even if it means their friendship isn't perfect. No friendship is perfect.

Some friendships are higher then others. Like Pinkie Pie and Twilight. Twilight and Rarity. Applejack and Rainbow. Rainbow and Fluttershy. Fluttershy and Rarity. Pinkie and Rainbow. These are REALLY close friendships out of the mane 6.

Look...if Fluttershy was only in it for Spike, then why would she have came to check on Twilight? Why would Rarity? Fluttershy should be caring about Spike, but she cared about Twilight.

Rainbow was a bit paranoid as anything finding out Twilight had so much info stored in that pacey head in hers. She was a bit suspicious and don't tell me you wouldn't. A pony that was a newcomer and the only pony in town to know about that? REALLY?

Anyway...as I am saying, they are all equal in friendship, except for a couple of REALLY close friendships.

• Brohoof 6

I feel like I could easily be wrong, and the title is a bit misleading, but here's my opinion.

I only see Twilight hanging out with either herself or the entire group. Fluttershy is friends with Rainbow Dash since they've known each-other longer, but you still see her with Pinkie and Rarity.

If anypony was the main character, it would be Twilight. However, I feel like she is generally shunned by the group. I honestly think the rest of the cast hangs around with her just because she has friends in high places.

Even in S02 E23: Mystery on the Friendship Express Pinkie has a huge level of disrespect towards Twilight, Applejack doesn't value her opinion in that one episode where she bucks way too much. It's clear that everypony is aware of her high magical ability and connections, I mean, the only time any other pony was nice to her was in The Ticket Master, and it was only because they wanted her tickets.

In closing, the rest of the Mane 6 seems to trust each other no-matter what happens or what poor choices they make. But when Twilight questions Cadence she gets shunned by the rest of her friends.

Thoughts?

I was disappointed, the title of this thread was misleading. I came here thinking that we were going to be discussing an idea for a sitcom about Twilight Sparkle's younger years. When she grew up in the ghettos of Brooklyn New York with her mother, father, older brother, and younger sister. Her mother is a sassy woman who frequently becomes paranoid over things that often have nothing to do with the current subject matter, and she has a hilarious comeback for everything. Her father is a hardworking man and a miser, he is most noted for his ability to memorize the price for everything in the household. Twilight is unpopular and constantly picked on, but her older brother (Shining Armor) is super popular and idolized amongst his classmates. Twilight's younger sister (Trixie) is spoiled, and loves to get her older siblings in trouble. Twilight has a geeky friend (Spike) who has a book for everything in his locker and has a catchphrase "you are so in there".

But I guess this thread is about the mane six hating Twilight. Yeah I kind of noticed that Twilight is a little bit of an outcast when it comes to the other mane six. But it doesn't matter because she lives with her best friend and assistant Spike, who is willing to do pretty much anything for Twilight. She hardly needs the company of the other ponies. Although I do think that the other ponies still love her they just have their own cliques within the circle of friends.

• Brohoof 6

I was disappointed, the title of this thread was misleading. I came here thinking that we were going to be discussing an idea for a sitcom about Twilight Sparkle's younger years. When she grew up in the ghettos of Brooklyn New York with her mother, father, older brother, and younger sister. Her mother is a sassy woman who frequently becomes paranoid over things that often have nothing to do with the current subject matter, and she has a hilarious comeback for everything. Her father is a hardworking man and a miser, he is most noted for his ability to memorize the price for everything in the household. Twilight is unpopular and constantly picked on, but her older brother (Shining Armor) is super popular and idolized amongst his classmates. Twilight's younger sister (Trixie) is spoiled, and loves to get her older siblings in trouble. Twilight has a geeky friend (Spike) who has a book for everything in his locker and has a catchphrase "you are so in there".

But I guess this thread is about the mane six hating Twilight. Yeah I kind of noticed that Twilight is a little bit of an outcast when it comes to the other mane six. But it doesn't matter because she lives with her best friend and assistant Spike, who is willing to do pretty much anything for Twilight. She hardly needs the company of the other ponies. Although I do think that the other ponies still love her they just have their own cliques within the circle of friends.

THAT SIR, WAS THE MOST BRILLIANT POST ON THIS FORUM. LIKE EVER. **** YEAH LETS DO A SITCOM...AND TRIXIE IS TWILGIHT'S YOUNGER SISTER? **** YEAH...

uh sorry. But still, I have to agree with this post. A lot.

• Brohoof 1

Twi is just the new girl is all. She just needs time to break old habits and start getting out more. Once she figures out how to balance her studies and social life it will fine.

Everybody Hates Chris was okay. But the title made me think of Everybody Loves Raymond...now that was one BAD television show. The "Friends" and "Sex In the City" of the 2000s. I don't care how many fans it had or how many awards it won. It was terrible. There wasn't an ounce of humanity or realism in it; everybody was a caricature.

Only the ponies could have saved it. :(

Just talking about Everybody Loves Raymond makes me depressed, so here's something about Twilight to get me back on topic.

Posted Image

DAWWWWW

Edited by TailsAlone

It's definitely at least partially self-choice on Twilight's part. It's more than obvious that Twilight's friends all like her and enjoy her company. But I still see Twilight majorly enjoying spending time at home in her cozy library, with nothing but books, Spike and her experiments and checklists to keep her company. That's a massive part of who she is; she used to be a recluse pony who never really talked to anyone and just kept her nose in her books. She may have changed drastically due to the other Mane Six's involvement in her life, but I still think she enjoys being alone, or in her familiar enclosure environment at home sometimes.

Basically this. She does spend alot of time isolated from everyone else. Even more so than Fluttershy (She and Rarity go to the Spa together often.) So I beleive Twilight isnt hated she's just considered maybe the most unpredictable out of the group.

(Also I the others are aware of Twilight's fragile mental health.)

Everypony hates Twilight? I wouldn't say they all hate Twilight, but I can certainly understand why many of them would: it's a badly written, badly acted, vapid story about a petty girl who can't decide if she prefers necrophilia (Edward) or bestiality (Jacob).

Wait..which Twilight were we talking about?

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie also disrespects Twilight's opinion on Baby Cakes when Twilight said that some ponies weren't cut out for foalsitting. and look at the end of Season 2 in the end of the first part, Twilight was hated by her friends, brother and teacher because she went rambling on Cadence because she didn't really care about the nice things they have planned for her (in part 2 she turns out to be a fake) but in the end, the Real Cadence and Shining Armor got married, everypony loved her again.

Pinkie also disrespects Twilight's opinion on Baby Cakes when Twilight said that some ponies weren't cut out for foalsitting. and look at the end of Season 2 in the end of the first part, Twilight was hated by her friends, brother and teacher because she went rambling on Cadence because she didn't really care about the nice things they have planned for her (in part 2 she turns out to be a fake) but in the end, the Real Cadence and Shining Armor got married, everypony loved her again.

For the example from Baby Cakes, Pinkie was mad because Twilight somewhat condescendingly assumed that she wouldn't be able to handle responsibility (Twi's intentions were pure and she was somewhat correct). I'd probably have been pretty angry too. Also, it is a bit strange to call people out for disrespecting Twilight's opinion when she is guilty of that as often (or even more) than anyone else in the show. And as for the canterlot wedding example, I think they were fully justified in how they interpreted the events. Without the bigger picture and foreknowledge of Cadence Twilight does seem crazy with jealousy and paranoia that episode. And none of them hated on Twilight, they just chose to comfort the crying stressed out bride to be rather than the one who made her crying and stressed out. I think it would have been nicer if one or two of them helped Twilight deal with the rejection from her brother, but it seems a bit extreme to call it hating on Twilight.

For the example from Baby Cakes, Pinkie was mad because Twilight somewhat condescendingly assumed that she wouldn't be able to handle responsibility (Twi's intentions were pure and she was somewhat correct). I'd probably have been pretty angry too. Also, it is a bit strange to call people out for disrespecting Twilight's opinion when she is guilty of that as often (or even more) than anyone else in the show. And as for the canterlot wedding example, I think they were fully justified in how they interpreted the events. Without the bigger picture and foreknowledge of Cadence Twilight does seem crazy with jealousy and paranoia that episode. And none of them hated on Twilight, they just chose to comfort the crying stressed out bride to be rather than the one who made her crying and stressed out. I think it would have been nicer if one or two of them helped Twilight deal with the rejection from her brother, but it seems a bit extreme to call it hating on Twilight.

That's my point, they hated Twilight Sparkle because she was calling the bride EVIL without any evidence to support, in the end, her brother, friends and teacher all hated her. Edited by Danger Dashie

That's my point, they hated Twilight Sparkle because she was calling the bride EVIL without any evidence to support, in the end, her brother, friends and teacher all hated her.

I wouldn't say hate. More like disappointment. THAT was the main feeling when she interrupted the rehearsal. And trust me, disappointment in someone you trust a lot, whether it is your sister, your best friend, or your protege. can be just as bad as someone hating you. Edited by Arcanel

That's my point, they hated Twilight Sparkle because she was calling the bride EVIL without any evidence to support, in the end, her brother, friends and teacher all hated her.

None of them even seemed angry with her (except Celestia). Rather they seemed disappointed and confused, not knowing what to do. Again, I don't see how that is hating on her

None of them even seemed angry with her (except Celestia). Rather they seemed disappointed and confused, not knowing what to do. Again, I don't see how that is hating on her

I think their was mixed feelings there but nobody hated her. Maybe some like Applejack and Rainbow Dash (who gave glares to her as they went by) and maybe Celestia were angry with her at the moment, But they didn't hate Twilight.

Shining Armor said that she is not allowed to his wedding, so how can that not be hating? And for her friends? I don't know, i think they were dissapoint with her.

Shining Armor said that she is not allowed to his wedding, so how can that not be hating? And for her friends? I don't know, i think they were dissapoint with her.

I was referring mostly to her friends hating her, so yes, Shining Armor was mad but he was also under mind control. As for her friends and Celestia? Yes they probably were disappointed in her. They had every right to be. But there is a massive difference between disappointment or anger and actually hating someone. Hatred is much stronger than either of those emotions even though those emotions often accompany it.