Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ideas for Fan Music?

derpy_muffins14

hi everypony. I am a singer and trying to be a songwriter, but I find I don't have much inspiration. I really love MLP and would enjoy contributing some Fan Music, but I have no ideas on what to do, and since I don't have any experience with it, I'm not sure how to go about it.

Any advice? :)

Well, this something you go on your own, but I've got some advice.

For fan music specifically,

-Do you have an episode that you really liked in Friendship is Magic? Or prehaps another show?

-Or supposedly a fan fic? Or even a character? (Get your inspiration!)

-Do you wanna write a song about how much you love about that fanfic/episode/pony? (e.x. A song about how cool Rainbow dash is)

-Or do you want to write a song with a matching theme? (e.x. A post-apocalyptic theme to go with Fallout Equestria)

-a song describing the point of a character's veiw, conflicts, relationships and desires e.x. a song about Fluttershy's conflicts in "Hurricane Fluttershy"

-Emotion to go with the song (get inspiration from other songs you listen a-lot, is it country? is it dance? I don't care just do it!)

For writing lyrics, go to somewhere like wikirymes or a thesaurus to find rhyming words, writing a song is like writing a poem, try putting ideas down on a notebook in the process! If it sounds good, Get recording!

Good luck bro, long ways ahead, but I'm sure, you'll do great :)

Well, this something you go on your own, but I've got some advice.

For fan music specifically,

-Do you have an episode that you really liked in Friendship is Magic? Or prehaps another show?

-Or supposedly a fan fic? Or even a character? (Get your inspiration!)

-Do you wanna write a song about how much you love about that fanfic/episode/pony? (e.x. A song about how cool Rainbow dash is)

-Or do you want to write a song with a matching theme? (e.x. A post-apocalyptic theme to go with Fallout Equestria)

-a song describing the point of a character's veiw, conflicts, relationships and desires e.x. a song about Fluttershy's conflicts in "Hurricane Fluttershy"

-Emotion to go with the song (get inspiration from other songs you listen a-lot, is it country? is it dance? I don't care just do it!)

For writing lyrics, go to somewhere like wikirymes or a thesaurus to find rhyming words, writing a song is like writing a poem, try putting ideas down on a notebook in the process! If it sounds good, Get recording!

Good luck bro, long ways ahead, but I'm sure, you'll do great :)

thanks for the advice. I'm in a vocal class this semester in highschool, and right now, we have to write a song, so I'm thinking that I'll write this and hand it in. I'll get writing tonight hopefully and in a week or so, we'll see how things go. I'll answer all those questions first and get some inspiration, then brainstorm. thanks so much for the help.