Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Building up the Pony RPG team!

Fubz

Yep, so you may have read our last thread here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/35258-assembling-a-pony-rpg-team/ but every single thing has been outdated from that thread :)

Here's the plan:

We're hoping to create a high standard turn based 2D RPG using Unity3D.

We're really needing your help! We especially need coders, ponies working in mechanics, Music, arts and animators :)

Spaces for story writing are still open as well but we need ponies over them places.

No play testers right now please.

And the intro: (many a tl;dr expected :))

A young pony from out of Ponyville (the character's going to be a fully customizable OC) is obsessed with the mane 6 so sets out on his way to meet them. On the way he meets a group of mysterious ponies, although he notices something odd about them, he asks how he could meet the mane 6. They tell him that they're always up for a picnic with new ponies, in fact... (you should invite them at this particular place and time, we'll sort the meeting out for you)

Being new he follows with the advice, sending invites to each pony.

His curiosity leads him to go to the meeting point, if not to meet the fabulous ponies, but to actually see them for the first time, and maybe figure out what connection the odd ponies have with the mane 6.

What he witnesses instead is their capture, too weak to do anything else he heads straight for Canterlot to inform the Princess of this shocking incident. Being an ordinary pony from a quiet town the Princess enquires about his identity. He feels this is the time to right my wrong (of helping the capture of the mane 6) and says he will rescue the mane 6. The princess repeats, and is (falsely) informed by the young pony himself that he is a great warrior.

So Celestia believes this and sends him off on his own to save the mane 6 with all the top range equipment from the royal armory.

Yep. All his equipment is stolen and he is knocked out in his first battle. Silly OC.

He crawls back to Spike and confesses all that's happened and begs for help. Spike joins you and teaches you how to play the game.

So that's the detailed intro :) (still 1 or 2 changes to be made)

We're hoping you want to join in. We appreciate any comments :P

Here's our HQ http://talesofequestria.mlpforums.com (Thank you, Feld0!) Check it out and register!

Current DevTeam:

Story: Tacit Moon (Lead), Fubz, Sipher, Kolth, Australianfries

Game Mech: Evilshy (Lead),

Audio: Captin McMuffin, K3WRO, Nikki-Layne

Concept Art: Naphthol, Australianfries

Coders: BronyPonyFanatic, huzi_a

Animations: Nopony yet! :'(

-

If you wish to be part of our DevTeam all we expect is that you keep up with everything and stay dedicated!

Please don't be shy to apply/comment :)

• Brohoof 1

The villans of the game represent 6 sub bosses, each one is thematically linked to the particular pony that they are holding captive. By way of a sort of negative incarnation of what that (main6) pony represents. These 6 sub-bosses are themselves under the influence of the final villan of the game, a bitter and evil Yeti King. We have a reasonably detailed motive for the Yeti to be doing what he is doing though some backstory involving wendigos and territory - much of this, and in greater detail can be found on our forums.

Food for thought, here is some concept art that has been done so far. I hope this spurs interest in helping us out :)

http://postimage.org/image/ff363nvhx/

http://postimage.org/image/rmnrjqwt1/

http://postimage.org/image/4y96f9txr/

well, I think you might know better than anyone else if you'd be useful. Have a look through our forum, cruise a few threads to get a feel for what is going on and how things work.

If you like what you see and think you'd be able to contribute, drop a note.

I can draw, and have a little experience in animation, though it's traditional animation, not sprites, so if your looking for someone to do character portraits and the like, I'm happy to lend a hand (hoof). Also, I was one of the better writers of my school, though I haven't written any fanfics or anything I can show you stories and art I've come up with via pm. If your interested I mean.

• Brohoof 1

Alright then :) hopefully through working as a team we'll be able to get the best out of you P: if you're wanting to join, just sign up at talesofequestria.mlpforums.com in the recruitment section.

I love the idea, and I'd like to be a part of it... even if i'm just helping design ponies.... just please keep in mind, I can't really draw ponies by hand, but I can make OCs based on other ponies... like my Oc, her mare self, is always based on Cadance.

• Brohoof 1

I would just like to help out where I'm needed. I'm really good with writing so I would like to contribute to the story, and I've had experience writing plays and stories. I can also do audio such as background music with FL Studio or voice acting, both of which I have experience in. Other than that I can do programming through the console and art. I have a handful of OC's incase you need extra background characters and I can come up with interesting characters quickly. Like I said, I won't limit myself to a single area, but I would like to cover a broader scope and help whoever needs it.

Edited by thesteampunkninja
  • Brohoof 1

hey I am willing to help I can write story, do art or music if your interested give me a PM I have Skype and we can work out the details. (On a side note I can help nearly as much as you want do to the fact of no life) now to get into details I am a mainly dubtrot/electronica music with a working knowledge of fl studio and garage band (Though garage band I don't use as much) I like to think myself as a good writer and I can edit (Or I can have my personal editor do it for me) And I own a copy of Photoshop CS6 (And yes, Its legal) I would hope to help and if you wont proof of my work on anything I can give it to use VIA PM. I hope you consider me due to the fact of extreme boredom and i'm sure I will love to work with you guys/girls.

EDIT: I can do SOME animation though limited

ANOTHER EDIT: I have experience w/ voice acting... So I can help with that 2

Edited by SinisterBronyz
  • Brohoof 1

I'd really like to help out as I can draw (and probably write), but I'm not sure if I'm good or fast enough... Here's almost all of my drawings since I began drawing at the beginning of June~

I really like your drawing style :) You seem to be learning fast enough, we've already got a lot of ponies down for art, but write up an application anyway :P in the recruitment section of talesofequestria.mlpforums.com

• Brohoof 1

I really like your drawing style :) You seem to be learning fast enough, we've already got a lot of ponies down for art, but write up an application anyway :P in the recruitment section of talesofequestria.mlpforums.com

Just posted a thread/application there now, I hope I did it right... Any additional details I thought you should know of, I added there!
  • Brohoof 1

Hey is it just me or is your website down? Cause i'm trying to get on but I can't good chrome just yells oops at me and as a folowup how long will it take to join the team i've got alot of positive feedback from you guys so just wondering... no rush XD

• Brohoof 2

Hey is it just me or is your website down? Cause i'm trying to get on but I can't good chrome just yells oops at me and as a folowup how long will it take to join the team i've got alot of positive feedback from you guys so just wondering... no rush XD

Weird, it was working for me earlier this afternoon...

Most requests to join the team are usually replied to within twenty-four to forty-eight hours, depending on how busy the mods are on the site.

ALSO, to everyone who has posted here: thanks for showing interest in this project! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Current DevTeam:

Story: Tacit Moon (Lead), Fubz, Sipher, Kolth, Australianfries

Game Mech: Evilshy (Lead),

Audio: Captin McMuffin, K3WRO, Nikki-Layne

Concept Art: Naphthol, Australianfries

Coders: BronyPonyFanatic, huzi_a

Animations: Nopony yet! :'(

Not TL;DR

but I think you missed me on the concept art team. I did get accepted.

But we definitely need more people. Especially animators.

Weird, it was working for me earlier this afternoon...

Most requests to join the team are usually replied to within twenty-four to forty-eight hours, depending on how busy the mods are on the site.

ALSO, to everyone who has posted here: thanks for showing interest in this project! :wub:

OK ya it was working for me before too and I have been talking to Napthol so I know that ill be doing some character design but if any of the music/storyboard people are reading pm me if your intrested in my help I will gladly show some of my work

Not TL;DR

but I think you missed me on the concept art team. I did get accepted.

But we definitely need more people. Especially animators.

Yea :P sorry at the time I didn't add you, this isn't the updated DevTeam. :P

The forums seem to down atm, hopefully that'll be fixed. Right now what we can do is get Skyping if you want to get ideas for works, or for the story we'll get discussions.

I'll update this list as soon as I have access to the one on the forums, I've got a few other things to update as well :P

Yeah, so just PM Skype addresses and we'll get everypony together in groups there.

• Brohoof 1

Want to help on story and char development, also on game mechanics and design

Also can translate it to Spanish if you have plans for that.

Site is down from here.

Anybody ask Feld0 about it yet?

Anyway, I can always use someone else in game mechanics. It's something I have a lot of fun doing and I can certainly do it myself, but it's always nice to be able to get ideas from multiple minds instead of just one :)

• Brohoof 1

Site is down from here.

Anybody ask Feld0 about it yet?

Anyway, I can always use someone else in game mechanics. It's something I have a lot of fun doing and I can certainly do it myself, but it's always nice to be able to get ideas from multiple minds instead of just one :)

Yep just PMed him half an hour ago. Couldn't get to him earlier :P Yea I'm wanting to get a variety of ponies in each team :D makes everything better.

Yes, once we get the forums up again, I'll PM you to make an application there :) We'd warmly welcome (yey for alliteration/assonance) you to the team

i think we could definitely take some input on game mechanics and design. While we do have a decent number of people working with story, input in that area is certainly welcome.

translation sounds like a really cool idea, though that would be some ways down the road.

edit: I don't want to be butting heads with anyone outside my area, so feel free to knock me down a peg if i'm out of line

Edited by Naphthol
  • Brohoof 1

Although if we get translating as soon as we get the dialogue and text down, it'll be a whole lot easier.

Also there seems to be quite a few ponies into voice acting :P We'll definitely need them for SFX, but maybe with the animations it'd be an idea there :D

edit: unlike Naphth up here, butting heads is an everyday activity for me - hence my avatar.

Edited by Fubz

voice acting would be a pretty big deal. if we could get that sort of a thing going, that would be really sweet.

even without animation, a set of several character portraits with various expressions could definitely carry the visual side of things.

edit: If you've seen the pony/phoenix wright crossover on you tube, I think it worked very well in that way

Edited by Naphthol
  • Brohoof 2

The website's up and running again! So you can check out that :P

We're really wanting to get the story running again D: It's quite important right now!

Why is an engine primarily designed to create 3D games, being used to make a 2D game? I mean I know it's possible to do it in Unity3D, but why not use something like Gamemaker?

It doesn't really look like you are doing anything crazy that GM wouldn't be able to handle...