Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming [Gaming] The Team Fortress 2 Thread

Ron Jeremy

(edited)

I don't play anymore, but I still idle. My accounts have picked up a few robocrates and I've sold them. Might hang onto one and use the money I've gotten from selling the others to buy whatever specialty key it'll take to open it in the off chance I get something that I can later sell for greater than I spent.

My guess as to what they'll have: MvM-specific strange parts, strange Grordbort weapons, misc. crap.

Heh, the OP of the TF2 thread doesn't even play TF2 anymore.

Edited by Chainsaw Bouffant

Speaking of the Grordbort weapons, I don't like any of them except the Pomson 6000. The Cow Mangler is helpful when there's a Pyro who is really good at deflecting rockets, but other than that, it doesn't do as much damage and takes too long to reload. Also why would anyone use the Phlogistonator when it can't airblast and does less damage?

Speaking of the Grordbort weapons, I don't like any of them except the Pomson 6000. The Cow Mangler is helpful when there's a Pyro who is really good at deflecting rockets, but other than that, it doesn't do as much damage and takes too long to reload. Also why would anyone use the Phlogistonator when it can't airblast and does less damage?

Because noobs don't airblast anyway, so to them there's no downside for using it.

IMO all the Grordbort weapons are weird and gimmicky. I mean, look at that Engineer thing that can deplete ubers. wtf.

Pyros can still reflect Mangler shots... Well, unless they're using the Phlog of course.

As for why they would use the Phlog in the first place, airblasting is much harder than w+m1.

Pyros can still reflect Mangler shots... Well, unless they're using the Phlog of course.

As for why they would use the Phlog in the first place, airblasting is much harder than w+m1.

Then I don't see any reason why anyone would ever want to use the Cow Mangler at all. It's such a useless piece of junk, as if it's so hard to find ammo boxes, that you'd sacrifice firepower and reload time for unlimited ammo.

Also using the Phlogistonator, you're declaring to the rest of the server that you can't play Pyro. Everyone already derides W+M1 Pyros already. Why make yourself the object of ridicule?

(edited)

Keep in mind that the cow mangler offers the alternate fire of firing a more powerful shot that deals more damage and sets hit units alight.
It also shuts down engineer buildings for a few seconds which can come in handy. It does require teamwork though, because I could see it working with something like: A Demoman awaiting for a cow mangling soldier to fire the shot. Once that sentry's disabled, the demoman's all free to plant stickies and blow that sentry nest to mother on earth.

You might say "Why can't soldier just destroy the sentry himself", but don't forget; engineer can tank the rockets. Demoman's after all the better sentry crusher as he doesn't allow repairs.

Not to mention, the cow mangler has FIVE shots before it needs a reload. It is not to be underestimated.
Other than that, the reload feels clunky and slow in my opinion as well.

Edit: Talking about Phlog.

The phlog..well, personally I don't like it because I feel handicapped without the airblast. It's kind of..the ambush-strategy of the backburner, mixed in with some "regeneration" as you heal upon taunting with full MMMPH and doesn't need to be behind your enemy to dish out crit flames.
If paired up with a medic, you got a pyro who crit charges himself, and the medic who gives him the chance to survive to burn up as much as he can.

I'd say without a medic to pocket the phlogistinator pyro, all you can ever hope to do is to W+m1 like a train and hope your enemies die before you do. xP

Edited by Jozzeh

I play As Sniper Becuase his a aussie just like me and weird thing is im a look alike of him and i love the way he talk i just so like him

Hurray!  A fellow sniper! Any other sniper players on the thread? In my opinion, sniping is the way to go. I like precision and skill as opposed to randomly firing sprays of bullets!

• Brohoof 1

Hurray!  A fellow sniper! Any other sniper players on the thread? In my opinion, sniping is the way to go. I like precision and skill as opposed to randomly firing sprays of bullets!

*stabbed in the back*

Spy's the way to go for me. I'm not that good at it, but a good spy can decimate a team, especially with the dead ringer.

*stabbed in the back*

Spy's the way to go for me. I'm not that good at it, but a good spy can decimate a team, especially with the dead ringer.

"Ahhh!!" lol

Anyway, although I agree with you there, I still say that a skilful sniper can do just as much damage to the opposition as a spy. One-shot kill on Heavy's make them a "credit to team" (if they're good at headshots!). Also, if a sniper is good at seeing through spies, a well aimed SMG can make them even more valuable!

"Ahhh!!" lol

Anyway, although I agree with you there, I still say that a skilful sniper can do just as much damage to the opposition as a spy. One-shot kill on Heavy's make them a "credit to team" (if they're good at headshots!). Also, if a sniper is good at seeing through spies, a well aimed SMG can make them even more valuable!

On the rare occasions I play spy, I usually go with the Huntsman, Jarate and the Bushwacka. It makes for a great short-range death machine, and the jarate is much easier to deploy.

• Brohoof 1

On the rare occasions I play spy, I usually go with the Huntsman, Jarate and the Bushwacka. It makes for a great short-range death machine, and the jarate is much easier to deploy.

I like to play sniper using the Hitman's Heatmaker, the Bushwacka and Jarate. The Bushwacka just looks awesome, Jarate is very useful and the Hitman's Heatmaker is my favourite sniper rifle. I enjoy sniping more than closer range fighting. It's funny the way when you play sniper well (or in my case try to), your team is like "Awesome! Thanks!" or "You are credit to team!", while the opposition are like "Stupid camper!" or "Aaaaarrrrgh!!!" *ragequit*.

I agree with the sniper, when he says that "Sniping's a good job, mate!" It's fun, strategic and hilarious all at the same time! :)

I like to play sniper using the Hitman's Heatmaker, the Bushwacka and Jarate. The Bushwacka just looks awesome, Jarate is very useful and the Hitman's Heatmaker is my favourite sniper rifle. I enjoy sniping more than closer range fighting. It's funny the way when you play sniper well (or in my case try to), your team is like "Awesome! Thanks!" or "You are credit to team!", while the opposition are like "Stupid camper!" or "Aaaaarrrrgh!!!" *ragequit*.

I agree with the sniper, when he says that "Sniping's a good job, mate!" It's fun, strategic and hilarious all at the same time! smile.png

I get so many ragequits from inattentive engies, though it's their own fault for not spychecking. Although I know the feeling of hopelessness after a level 3 sentry goes down in a cluster of stickies.

• Brohoof 1

I get so many ragequits from inattentive engies, though it's their own fault for not spychecking. Although I know the feeling of hopelessness after a level 3 sentry goes down in a cluster of stickies.

I know what you mean! :) I tend to stay away from playing as engie, because that is really frustrating! That's why I like to instead play as classes that do the destroying! When I don't play sniper, I sometimes play spy, because sapping sentries and backstabbing is almost as fun as sniping! Medics are my next choice, because I enjoy übercharges! Syringe guns are also fun to use in combat! :)

I know what you mean! smile.png I tend to stay away from playing as engie, because that is really frustrating! That's why I like to instead play as classes that do the destroying! When I don't play sniper, I sometimes play spy, because sapping sentries and backstabbing is almost as fun as sniping! Medics are my next choice, because I enjoy übercharges! Syringe guns are also fun to use in combat! smile.png

when i don't play as sniper i play has scout he fast and fun to play with and he can double jump but i have this that let me triple jump but i take damage 

(edited)

when i don't play as sniper i play has scout he fast and fun to play with and he can double jump but i have this that let me triple jump but i take damage

Personally, I can't really play scout well, because he's too fast for me to aim! :P I prefer the more relaxed (sniper) or the more stealthy (spy) approaches. Playing offensive as a medic is also fun, as long as you don't turn into a complete battle medic! When I play medic, I heal my allies when they need me, but when the team is doing fine due to a surplus of medics, or nobody seems to be attacking at all, I just go head-long into the battle, armed with a syringe gun as I shout "Leeeeeerooooooyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnnnsss!!!" I almost always die but it's hilarious! Being über as a medic is also good fun, killing heavys with a bone-saw! :P Edited by DJ-BRONI3

(edited)

If anypony of you remembers the videos that go #Number skilled airshot and you see basically an airshot while hearing Propane Nightmares playing going "Gunshot briiiide"?

Tf2worms is the creator of this fad, and it goes something like this!

Well, I made my own version! Hopefully it's worth a giggle. x)

(Yes, I am the RED soldier.)

Edited by Jozzeh
  • Brohoof 2

What's everypony's least favourite class? Mine would be engie, because it's so frustrating to have a level 3 sentry getting blown up by an electrosapper. Then  you get stabbed in the back by a spy

What's everypony's least favourite class? Mine would be engie, because it's so frustrating to have a level 3 sentry getting blown up by an electrosapper. Then  you get stabbed in the back by a spy

Although it's very fun to watch player after player fall to your mighty sentry. Plus, with a nice pyro to help you out, spies aren't a problem.

Engineer is actually my second favorite class - when it comes to Spies, you just need to know how to deal with them.  My least favorite class is Heavy.  It's way too slow.  I feel like I'm walking through molasses.

Oh gee! I wish I could find the Mlp / Tf2 Crossovers that I drew a while ago... Im sure it would have been pretty appropriate for this thread and I would have love to show them to you guys! 

Oh and you know what? I think I'm going to go try and find them! Ill post them here in a bit :) 

I just hope I still have these! 

I don't like playing Medic, Heavy, or Engie. Of those I'd say Medic is my least favorite, because while I know that he's really important to the team, I always feel like I could be more helpful as some other class. Heavy isn't fun, but he gets a lot of points and pretty much always feels useful. Engie is often really boring, but at least there's combat engineer as an option.

Engie is often really boring

It's funny how just this morning one guy I follow on youtube uploaded a video about the engineer and how it can be one of those high adrenaline classes like the scout for example.

In a nutshell, engi can be a boring class, but only if you choose to play like that. Try a different strategy from time to time and see what happens!

• Brohoof 1