Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*SPOILERS* The Black Book?

Bright Honor

For those of you who have watched the season 3 Crystal Empire premiere, you will notice something in the end of part two. On the balcony, Luna uses magic to make a black book appear. Could that be forshadowing something for the future? 0.0

• Brohoof 13

See that's what I was also thinking! like what is that book! what is going to happen! along with all the foreshadowing that Luna and Celestia where dropping before Twilight came in, it is the hook for me, Along with Twilight being able to use the Dark Magic for the door and such that kinda was like WOAH! It's going to get good!!!

• Brohoof 2

I might be over thinking it, but it almost looked like Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark on the front of the book. If that's true, then what could this mean? Maybe Twilight is part of some kind of prophecy? :blink: So many questions!!

• Brohoof 7

And MLP's over-arching story arc continues to deliver!!! Still don't know exactly what it is, but we do have to keep in mind that the entire plot of the show, within Equestria itself, has always been that Twilight specifically learn about the magic of friendship, most likely because it's the last and most important requirement needed before she fulfill... her destiny!!! That'd be so epic if it turns out she's a crucial part of some ancient prophecy! B)

Edited by Batbrony

Its funny... But its almost as if Twilights' actions are "steps" in a path that Celestia is already expecting her to take. Each victory fills up another empty stained glass in the Canterlot throne room. Maybe its not related, but they just keep coming up whenever a villain is defeated or something major happens. Perhaps there is some significance to it other than them just being there for show...

• Brohoof 3

I might be over thinking it, but it almost looked like Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark on the front of the book. If that's true, then what could this mean? Maybe Twilight is part of some kind of prophecy? :blink: So many questions!!

I can see why you would think that but its not, If you look closely at it the book has two stars on it and Twilight's cutie mark is just one big star surrounded by smaller stars.

I dont really have any idea of what it means... I just hope its something good and its not stupid and cheesy.

I do not really know what it could be. Maybe something Trixie will get her hooves on? I don't know. But I would guess it'll be in a future episode.

That's a nice theory, but I wouldn't go that far quite yet. Remember that Twilight is the protege of Princess Celestia herself, and surely her actions and experiences need to be recorded, right? I don't think it's anything more than just a log of Twilight's entire life. Somepony as powerful as Twilight couldn't really be not observed like that, especially after being involved in three scenarios where adversaries threatened to take over Equestria.

It's a good thing i wasn't the only to see that! I hope it has something to do with Luna because she needs to be more active in My little pony: friendship is magic. The book looked like it had Twilight Sparkles cutie mark on it!! That seemed interesting to me... :)

• Brohoof 1

IT'S A CONSPIRACY. LUNA AND CELESTIA ARE USING TWILIGHT'S RAW POWER TO TAKE EQUESTRIA FOR THEMSELVES. SOMBRE WAS REALLY TRYING TO PURIFY THE LAND UNTIL TWILIGHT WAS EVILY MISGUIDED BY CELESTIA.

Edited by Death the Kid
  • Brohoof 5

that looked like stars swirling. stars swirling. stars swirl. by jove i got it! the next level in her studies is of star swirl abearded spells!

To tell you the truth, I'd be fine with Twilight becoming an Alicorn. She could become Princess of the Stars. But I have heard other good theories as well. One is that she becomes Luna's protege as well, and learns how to safely use dark magic. I like the Starswirl reincarnated theory too. One thing is for sure though. Celestia and Luna are preparing her for something, something that her studies and adventures have prepared her for.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah twilight is definitely more important then Celestia is letting on. The talk between Celestia and Luna at the start suggests that there is a much bigger picture we don't know about and it's killing me that i don't know. :(

Some one in the live stream i was watching commented that the book might be a death note haha, made me lol.

Yeah, that kinda freaked me out. When I was finished with the episode I went nuts and said aloud: "What the HELL is THAT!"

I kinda figure that it's some kind of grimoire that she'll study to become royalty.

In my own opinion, I believe that the black book was not Luna's diary. What would she write in a diary? Sure she could write about how Twilight saved Equestria again, or since she doubted Twilight could save the crystal ponies Celestia has her write: "I will not doubt my sister again or I'll get send back to the moon." 1000 times.