Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Kingdom of Equestria, Micronation

Princess_Molestia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronation

For all those who don't know what that is.

On Tuesday, November 27th 2012, I declared the creation the Kingdom of Equestria, claiming the large forest behind my house as mine, and will plant a flag once I make one...also planned currency, stamps and a bill of rights of some sort...

It will be most fun! Anyone wishing to assist in anyway, or just offer support or enjoy some laughs, drop by and say hello

First order of business is an official PO Box...

• Brohoof 1

You can't simply claim a forest behind your house as yours; it belongs to whatever country you live in. In order to just up and claim territory, you need to find something not owned by anyone. And even then, good luck getting recognized as a legitimate country ;)

• Brohoof 2

yes I can, it happens alot (eg Palastine claims the land Isreal owns)

and its not about that, not really, its just having some fun and making a flag and such...

Good for you.

I will go and try to make the world a better place.

By becoming an astronaut, smuggling an Equestrian flag inside a Bible, and planting it on Mars.

and its not about that, not really, its just having some fun and making a flag and such...

No you really cannot do that. There is a reason that Palestine claiming Israel land started a war. 

Princess_Molestia and Harmonic Revelations have the same avatar. Coincidence?

I'm with everybody on this one. You might run into trouble if you actually try and do this. But you can always try. I'm serious, good luck.

scared the crap out of me, seeing someone like me

and no I don't think you can... look up several other micronations, example Molossia, that one was a focal point in a TGWTG movie, Kickassia

its all in good fun, when I buy a house, that land will become Equestria, and I (King) will own it thusly declare true independence!

Sweet Celestia, do not start an Israel-Palestine debate in this thread.  Not only does that analogy not make a grain of sense, but it will derail the thread.  There is no better way to get this 20% flamier in 10 seconds flat...

As for questions about micronations: Well yes, they aren't recognized.  That's the point, really.

The most successful micronation is Sealand.  They actually do control an offshore structure, print their own currency, and sell it (as well as noble titles) as a bit of a joke.

Creating a micronation is hard.  I highly doubt that one guy will be able to pull it off.  The Brony community as a whole, though, could do it.  We'd just need to think of a much more special spot...

Sweet Celestia, do not start an Israel-Palestine debate in this thread.  Not only does that analogy not make a grain of sense, but it will derail the thread.  There is no better way to get this 20% flamier in 10 seconds flat...

As for questions about micronations: Well yes, they aren't recognized.  That's the point, really.

The most successful micronation is Sealand.  They actually do control an offshore structure, print their own currency, and sell it (as well as noble titles) as a bit of a joke.

Creating a micronation is hard.  I highly doubt that one guy will be able to pull it off.  The Brony community as a whole, though, could do it.  We'd just need to think of a much more special spot...

You guys bring the cash and I'll talk to the government about selling some islands here.

Tho it would probably be a little expensive just for some lulz eh? plus the whole setting up a mint to print a new set of fake currency and getting factories in china to make flags and all.

Edited by khaine21x3