Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suggestion: Gaming Subforum

Killian Jones

I have been noticing a large amount of gaming related topics in the Everfree Forest subforum, sometimes they can drown out the other topics. Maybe we should make a specific forum where ponies can talk about all these games. I don't think it's a stupid suggestion. What does everyone else (by which I mean Feld0) feel?

• Brohoof 1

In one forum I am apart of, they too have a gaming section. Yet right now they have a problem with having too many sub-forums. They have more than 20 sub forums 5 or less for each main forum. In the end, you do want some sub-forums, yet keep to making it open ended. Like instead of having a gaming section, you can have a "unrelated media" sun forum, where topics such as games, videos, and other things would go.

In one forum I am apart of, they too have a gaming section. Yet right now they have a problem with having too many sub-forums. They have more than 20 sub forums 5 or less for each main forum. In the end, you do want some sub-forums, yet keep to making it open ended. Like instead of having a gaming section, you can have a "unrelated media" sun forum, where topics such as games, videos, and other things would go.

yeah, flooding a site with sub forums is not good but considering how many gaming threads we have, they should get their own place.

Rather than a sub board, perhaps an expanded selection of thread categories would be ideal; if you look at the boards that currently have thread categories such as the Cloudsdale Arena, clicking a category name on the index will bring up a list of threads marked as being part of that category.

This gives you the functionality of a sub board without the extra board clutter imo.

• Brohoof 4

Rather than a sub board, perhaps an expanded selection of thread categories would be ideal; if you look at the boards that currently have thread categories such as the Cloudsdale Arena, clicking a category name on the index will bring up a list of threads marked as being part of that category.

This gives you the functionality of a sub board without the extra board clutter imo.

I'd think that making a sub board would create less clutter.

As in the suggested example all the gaming threads would be in a separate board, only appearing on the Everfree board as a single entry.

Also by using categories, there would be no way to show all non gaming threads, unless they were put into a non-gaming category. (As far as I know anyway)

Edited by Tom

Also by using categories, there would be no way to show all non gaming threads, unless they were put into a non-gaming category. (As far as I know anyway)

Of thirty threads on the first page of the index currently only one in six are in any way gaming related, so I don't really think that's a big problem to be honest.