Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I know we technically already have this functionality but....

Discordian

Every forum, in one way or another, has the functionality to find what the first post you haven't seen in that topic was yet. I know we have it.

But on another forum I'm on we have this functionality just by clicking on the topic title instead of the topic title bringing us to the first post no matter what. (Not counting post ordering preferences, of course)

I have found this so incredibly convenient that it's hard to get used to other forums not doing this and instead maybe having a little icon instead.

The other forum I speak of is hosted on Zetaboards so it may be a feature for them and not so much the specific forum but I was wondering if it was possible to maybe include that functionality?

• Brohoof 2

I think this has it's ups and downs. It is good because you can quickly jump from post to post with ease. The bad part is if you haven't seen the first post yet, you have to go all the way back to the start of the thread to read it.

I think this has it's ups and downs. It is good because you can quickly jump from post to post with ease. The bad part is if you haven't seen the first post yet, you have to go all the way back to the start of the thread to read it.

Well no, the way it would work would be tied to your specific account (or maybe IP) so if you haven't seen the first post then it'll bring you straight to the first post and it'll watch for whenever you stop reading a topic or at least log the last post made when you were visiting that topic.

So the site will know where you were and if you come back to it after there's been 20 posts or so and it'll show you the first one you HAVEN'T seen, not the first one ANYONE hasn't seen. It'll only do that for you and not the entire forum at the same time.

instead maybe having a little icon instead.

The circle/star beside a topic title takes you to the first post you haven't read.

Entering /unread after a topic's url will work as well.

• Brohoof 1

The circle/star beside a topic title takes you to the first post you haven't read.

Entering /unread after a topic's url will work as well.

I was actually not aware of either of these things. Huh. lol