Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many people do you know who have had Coronavirus?

Reecejackox

Still, I know of no one that have gotten infected. The reason is that I stay away from people that are risky. And my friends and family know and take precaution.

• Brohoof 2

I don’t keep the best tabs on family as I have no living direct relatives.  But there’s been two cases I know of. Among friends, I know of two as well.  They’re all fine as far as I know. Among everyone I work with, five have had it so far and two of them had to seek medical attention.  One has since retired and the other is struggling with long Covid.  My workplace is quite large and a lot of employees I don’t know have caught it as well. 

• Brohoof 1

Practically each one of my entire family had the coronavirus at one point or another. My uncle, aunt, and cousins all had the coronavirus. Me, my mom, dad, and siblings had it too. And my grandma and grandpa both had it as well. Out of everyone in my family who caught the coronavirus, my dad, uncle, and grandpa had it the worst, but thankfully they all survived.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Over the last week, COVID has spread through a lot of my family, including myself. We're all vaccinated, so these are breakthrough cases which have been more minor. My parents have recovered fine, and I'm in the process of recovering now. Given my enhanced risk, I was prescribed the pills (those that they were talking about on the news a month ago), and yeah, after starting those yesterday I finally got my first night of good sleep since being infected.

I'm just really glad that this didn't happen a year ago, because I might not have survived it back then.

Also, I have a friend who lost her anti-vax mother to this a month ago. Get vaccinated. This is a serious matter.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Omicron has really increased the number of people who have caught Covid. It’s going through my office and due to privacy rules, I’m not sure how many have had it. But almost nobody I work with directly has had an unexplained absence recently. And for that I’m grateful. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tons. Myself, both of my parents, my brother, three aunts and two uncles, my grandfather, four cousins, three of my close friends, almost everyone in my classes at university and many of the lecturers too, and three people have had it at my new job (since I've started, which was in mid-January). Out of all of those people, only one person I know of had difficulties with it - thank God everyone who had it is alive and well today and that most had mild or no symptoms.

So far my brother-in-law, sister, and one of my nieces tested positive for Covid, but got over it quickly. I'd be amazed if it was the Omicron strain strain as it's really contagious. My sister just had a whooping cough. I suggested honey tea to help ease the symptoms.

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Just from my family, Everyone in my family has gotten it except for me. I thought I got it a few weeks ago but it went away after a couple of days, results said it was positive but doctor told me it could have been a false positive depending if it still lingered. Guess we know the answer to that :p

Edited by Megas

I had it, to me it was similar to flu or a cold. A bunch of people I know had it, one died from it and for another, covid was not the cause of death, but it started the downward spiral. 

As far as I know, it was one of my brothers, my closest aunt, and both of my parents. I might have had it, since I was experiencing some of the symptoms back in early August 2021, but I never got myself tested. Don't like the Covid tests swaps. :yeahno: