Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many people do you know who have had Coronavirus?

Reecejackox

Both my parents, it hit my dad pretty hard but he recovered, my mom was asymptomatic and it went away, 2 of my parents friends tested positive, but it doesn't sound like it affected them too bad, and my best friend's uncle, who unfortunately passed from it

I know of at least one friend of mine who had it: he suffered through two weeks of fever, labored breathing, and lethargy. To say he felt miserable is an understatement. Thankfully, he recovered despite being in his later 60s with a prior history of obesity. It was torturous in part because he wasn't able to take his daily walks.

I sometimes wonder if I contracted it, even if that would have meant I was asymptomatic. I traveled into Brooklyn in early March before the lockdowns went into effect. (I had to go for a hearing concerning, of all things, my medical coverage.) I felt the beginnings of a fever a day or two later -- but then it abated. I've considered receiving an antibody test, though that would mostly be to satisfy my curiosity.

I know and know about at least.... 10 thousand people both directly and indirectly. 

Out of all of those only two people have been infected as far as I know, and I know them both directly. Both are fine, although they did go through what can only be described as a mix of a heavy cold and flu. 

Being sick in general sucks, and those two combined is a pain in the ass.

Edited by Protomaru

I know of two people who had it, one I've never met only heard of and another being a woman who works at a café 2 minutes from where I live (they never said who had it exactly, but they had to close for a month because of it). Fortunately, I don't know anyone close to me who's had it and no one I know has died from it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard so little about the virus lately that I think most people here have started to forget about it. I have not heard of anyone (that I know) who has actually got it, yet

• 1 year later...