Applejack Voice Acting.

Obsidian_Winter

Well hey there. So everyday I see new posts about people who are just starting drawing and just starting with their music. Well, I am just starting working on my Applejack VA. I was already awarded one gig and just recorded an audition for another.

THe problems with my recording are getting use to my new Mic and tweaking the sccent and such. SO, now I turn to the community for feed back. I've done Voice Acting before, but doing this is something new. Opinions? Constructive Views? Let me know. By the way....Its SO hard to open yourself up like this. lol.

PS..You can fastward through the first 26 seconds. Its just intro. I think the best work is in the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z88beHn7RxU

Your pitch is a notch or two below Applejack's. She's a little higher up. The main thing I noticed though was a lack of energeticness. Applejack isn't Pinkie Pie, but she's not Princess Celestia (probably the most level sounding voice in the show) either. There's a bouncy quality to her voice:

Your voice acting comes across like Applejack if she were a little tired and exasperated. 

On the other hand, you did a pretty good job keeping the accent consistent. And it definitely takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there like that and perform!

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

I've done my fair share of voice acting, and I think the accent was really well done. It sounds fairly natural and stays consistent. However, like Stellafera said, it was a bit deep, and needs to be a little more energetic. 

This was actually a good AJ impression, and that's saying something because I know nobody who can imitate Applejack in the community. For the rest of the mane six (Maybe not Rarity) somebody can do a nearly perfect impression, but nobody with AJ. She needs more love ^_^

• Brohoof 2

Thank both of you for your feedback. IT was awesome. I am doing another go at it tomorrow and raising my voice up. I also have my lines down so no more "reading from a script" sound. Again, thank you so much for your honesty. AJ would be proud and helps me get better!

• Brohoof 2