planning Equestrian Civil War (Take Two)

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

I regret to inform you all I will be leaving the forums for an unknown about of time. I want to thank all you who have loved me and been my friend. I had a lot of fun with you but right now, after my most recent Heartbreak, I just can't stay. If you want to know more, look up my latest Post called "Heartbreak:" Take care of each other.

I love you,

Obsidian Winter

• Brohoof 1

I regret to inform you all I will be leaving the forums for an unknown about of time. I want to thank all you who have loved me and been my friend. I had a lot of fun with you but right now, after my most recent Heartbreak, I just can't stay. If you want to know more, look up my latest Post called "Heartbreak:" Take care of each other.

I love you,

Obsidian Winter

OK damage control time..... note she was very devastated when she posted this, give her some time so she can clear her head and think about it all, she hasn't dropped out just yet but she may be taking a break from the forums for a few days.

she has given me the ok to post this 

I wonder if I should just go a head and start having my character speak completely in scots-english. The only problem with that is you might have little idea of what I'm saying

Ye dinnae ken how tae speak the aould Scot-English! I'm gang tae hae tae think aboot it!

Yeah...

• Brohoof 1

Let pinkie be captured  Now. The NLR won't know what hit them, her trying to throw a 'Yay you captured a general PARTY!!!! Party' around every corner

Either make Pinkie, Rarity or Fluttershy captured. RD already got captured in another RP, Rarity will be fun to watch with her whining [i don't think we have a player for her though], Pinkie's entertaining because she's Pinkie, and Fluttershy is just..Fluttershy.

Second RP Rarity was catured, boy that was fun to play with the Gala going on and NLR spies in Canterlot trying to get her back xD

I think Pinkie'll be fun to be captured, all we gotta do is find a way to get her captured xD

I wonder if I should just go a head and start having my character speak completely in scots-english. The only problem with that is you might have little idea of what I'm saying

Ye dinnae ken how tae speak the aould Scot-English! I'm gang tae hae tae think aboot it!

Yeah...

yeah refrain from doing that, it'll be taken as intentional bad grammar

all you need to do is point out your OC has the accent that's all. 

yeah refrain from doing that, it'll be taken as intentional bad grammar

all you need to do is point out your OC has the accent that's all. 

Also, I just thought of this, would it be acceptable if I had a company of matchlocks? I read up that they existed since at least the late 1400's, and this RP is set in the Middle Ages yes?

Yeah...

Not much of a problem with me, but this'll vary on other's opinions about this, since it'll hardly affect me 

Also, I just thought of this, would it be acceptable if I had a company of matchlocks? I read up that they existed since at least the late 1400's, and this RP is set in the Middle Ages yes?

Matchlock= rifle also 15th century was when they were introdused to europe but were never fully utilized till the 1600's 

despite there drawback to having only one show and long time to reload.......no

the purpose is to have big battles of close quarters combat drawing blades against the enemy while unicorns provide ground support and Pagasi fight in the air or use the weather to there advantage. 

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

I would be fine with matchlock but only a few rifles (since at the time it would be expensive and during Medieval ages the bow was more reliable) it would be silly to be seeing whole battalions with rifles.

Henry VIII had tried to get rid of muskets in england by introducing longbowmen training again as they were better than muskets for the army (all the longbowmen before hand or at least a lot of them had been slaughtered during the war of the roses) sorry just a little factoid hehe

I would be fine with matchlock but only a few rifles (since at the time it would be expensive and during Medieval ages the bow was more reliable) it would be silly to be seeing whole battalions with rifles.

Henry VIII had tried to get rid of muskets in england by introducing longbowmen training again as they were better than muskets for the army (all the longbowmen before hand or at least a lot of them had been slaughtered during the war of the roses) sorry just a little factoid hehe

well its up for Vote but ..... because well i can honest see then being used repeatedly as if they done have a huge load time (considering the time duration between posts is always up and down) so unless we have some kind of rule saying one shot then a two post wait for the second one as well as roll to see if it fires and hits the target, i vote no

Edited by PonyEcho

No, No No No no HELL No. We start introducing rifles of any kind and that will open up to snipers or Luna knows what else. As one of the voting DM's I say no. This came up before with Napalm and such. Why not just pick a Unicorn up and use its tail as a trigger like Pinkie did to Twilight in Canterlot Wedding part 2?

• Brohoof 1

so thats 3 out of 5 for NO!

but cannons and other explosives (to an extent ) are allowed, so use some creativity and work with what you have

Edited by PonyEcho

Oy oy oy. Wait a second. I think cannon can be implemented in a limited way. I'm planning a kind of (spoiler) naval attack for the NLR, and I don't know much about naval weaponry in the medieval age (I know they use scorpion artillery for their weapon, and I can go with it, but I think that's weird :lol:). I think we can use cannons for the ships, but just assume that the handy cannons aren't invented yet in that age, so no pistols or muskets.

Just spitting out my ideas.

No for firearms.

As for cannons? Hello, we got a party cannon over here, cannons are canon (haha cannons are canon...sorry)

• Brohoof 2

Cool. If cannons are implemented, I can get a frigate for the NLR campaign. Using medieval fleets with scorpions and ballistas doesn't sounds so much fun, but I don't mind it though.
Pony of the Caribbean. LOL.
Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me~

• Brohoof 1

Princess Celestia:

All this time the Princess had kept her peace, content in knowing that her subjects would handle the situation with ease. Finding that her confidence had been correctly placed, she finally spoke. "I would be interested to know what your idea is sir pony, guards, please return to your posts. I'm sure there are matters of more importance to be had," Her stern gaze scattered the guards back to their respective posts like ashamed sheep. Waiting until the last one had returned to his or her post like a sheperd watches his flock, Celestia turned her attention back to the meeting at hand. "Thank you all for your adivce. A monarch is nothing without her subjects, especially her advisors. I have listened carefully and have decided upon my course of action."

A flare of magic made the images previously shown on the magical screen disappear, replaced with a blank slate. Soon enough a map of Equestria appeared, a comprehensive and everchanging drawing of all known confrontations and borders. This would zoom in on an area that all ponies would be familiar with. "I will request that the Peace Embassy be held in Ponville, at the Town Hall. Its primary purpose will be to secure a lasting peace in Equestria. Secondary objectives are as follows: Consolidate the rebels back under our rule, retrieve prisoners and property, and if all else fails: Gather as much information on the disposition of the rebels as possible. While some of these goals may seem a bit fanciful on my part, it truly neccesary that we do everything possible to end this war."

"This brings me to a regretful second point," she said with a sigh. "I have high hopes that the Peace Embassy will suceed. But we must be prepared for its failure. Several contingiency plans have been put forward by my generals, only a few of which even look feasible. The first and most likely to suceed is shown here." The screen would change to show large scale excavations on the side of the mountain nearby Canterlot, higher up the slope. "Digging crews have begun to prep the mountainside to hold this proposed solution: The Helios Bombardment Platform. Simply put, it is a fortress and weapons system at the same time." The screen changed yet again to show a preliminary plan for the HPB. Featuring tunnels and bunkers buried deep within the mountain, the most obvious feature was a gigantic cannon, nearly half the length of the entire structure.

"As some of you know, there are crystal caves beneath Canterlot, one of the reasons for its location. Research has been completed recently that allow for the weaponization of these crystals, primarily in long range artillery. The Helios Bombardment Platform, shortened to be known as HBP is to be powered by these crystals. Using high density magical projectiles, this cannon wil be able to flatten a battlefeild in seconds if all go as planned." A wink dissipated the magical screen back into the air. "As you can likely see, it is of utmost importance that the Peace Embassy not fail. If it does, we will be forced to take extreme action."

Before you all get your pants in a twist over this post, I have an announcement. Higu is submitting this as an idea for the ods to discuss in a PM, and he did the right thing by submitting this idea as a blueprint.

Ok, who is playing Big Mac? I've looked through the RP planning and the RP itself but can't find who is playing him, thus I assume no one is.

If someone is playing him, could someone tell me who?

well, Obsidian dropped out of the RP, and i'm only staying in as a DM (and may drop out as well), so Meta Knight is the only NLR general i believe because he's RPing Luna 

so that may be why the RP seems slow

Edited by PonyEcho

The lack of posts recenlty could also be partly because The-Master has had a family tragedy a few days ago :(.

I'm guessing he might be back in perhaps a week or two?