Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Hey Arnold

poniesforfun

So I was bored one day and watched a few episodes of Hey Arnold. It's surprisingly good, I never was drawn into it due to the art but it's actually really good and seems to be very geared towards adults. Helga is just so funny and a complex character.

I never got into Hey Arnold.

As a child, it scared the living daylights out of me.

I thought a nuclear bomb had hit the city, and horribly mutated the citizens within, with football heads and creepy old men running around everywhere.

But I'm just weird.

• Brohoof 2

Does anyone understand the backstory with Arnold's parents and all? I remember seeing episodes talking about it, them being miracle workers and all, but I don't have the clearest memory of what exactly happened to them.

They went missing on a relief mission and it is unknown whether they are just missing or are in fact dead and buried, it is easily the saddest episode.

I used to watch Hey Arnold all the time! It is a great show actually, always seem to have some entertaining episodes and stories, definitely one of my favourites from back in the day.

This was a great show! I would definitely watch when it was on "back in the day."

The Vietnam War is one of my weird fascinations that has grown in recent years. The Christmas episode with Arnold's Vietnamese neighbor Mr. Hyunh even at a young age was touching and memorable.

There was some great writing, though I cannot remember the episodes by name. (the internet wasn't what it is today then)

One of my favorite episodes was "What's Opera, Arnold?" with Helga's fantasy of the cast doing their version of Carmen.

I'm still pissed that the show never got a proper conclusion, especially with that ginormous cliffhanger at the end of "The Journal".

Really Nick?

Edited by Megas75

I'm still pissed that the show never got a proper, especially with that ginormous cliffhanger at the end of "The Journal".

Really Nick?

THIS.

THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

SOMEONE ELSE WHO REALIZE'S THE UNSPEAKABLE ATROCRITIES COMMITED TO US IN THIS EPISODE!

I CRY JUST THINKING ABOU-OH,GOD HER I GO. :(

I watched it a very little amount when I was a kid- wasn't really old enough to actualy watch it. (Was born in 1998)

If I really wanted to I could look up the episodes, but I'm usually to busy.

That was one of the greatest shows from my childhood it had moments that entertained made me laugh and made me think there just aren't as many shows like that these days.

Oh! Childhood Nostalgia! I used to LOVE that show as a child, and still do! Hilariously enough, a few weeks ago when I was on a nostalgia spree (Looking up old cartoons on youtube, watching all of the episodes again), one of them was Hey Arnold! I still love it as much as I was younger.  Of course, now it means more because not only is it entertaining but as mentioned, the 'problems' in the show can be easily related to and it's a bit more complex than most children shows.  :D Just wished that they gave us more closure about the whole ArnoldxHelga situation.

• Brohoof 1

I use to watch that show all the time. it was one of my favorites growing up. I remember always crying to the episode Parent's Day. It was so sad that Arnold's parents go missing. =( I really wished that they made The Jungle movie.  :angry:  Arnold deserves to be reunited with his parents.

I still watch Hey Arnold on 90's are All That on Teenick when I get the chance.  I loved the show when I was a kid, and I still do now.  I think Hey Arnold has some of the best music I've heard in a cartoon.  Jim Lang is a genius.