Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory About Derpy's Current Situation

Tyoeman

Ok so as most of us Bronies and Pegasisters know, there really hasn't been much Derpy round season three so far and prospects look grim in the future. But I have a theory about why we haven't seen Derpy recently, you see there is a pony that everyone always mistakes for Derpy but isn't her. I can't quite recall her fandom name but hopefully one of you could tell me (please  :( ) Maybe Derpy dyed her mane two different colors and had surgery done on her eyes to make them straight and changed her name to something more "pleasant". Or she got in some sort of time accident with Dr. Whooves and came out looking different than when she went into whatever it was that the Doctor and her had to deal with. Either way that's my theory and why so many people mistake this other pony for her, it's because it is her, though she looks different for the cameras. Still it's very sad to only see her in the shows' opening. So yeah, take this how you will and stuff.  :P

Edited by Tyoeman

You may be talking about Ditzy Doo (Fandom name). Like in Winter Wrap-up where they say 'Ditzy' flew North for the birds when they're actually in the South?

Anyway yeah, I think we at least deserve an explanation. Maybe a last reference in an episode where we get a hint at something that could've happened to her, considering that apparently Derpy's been dropped.

• Brohoof 2

You may be talking about Ditzy Doo (Fandom name). Like in Winter Wrap-up where they say 'Ditzy' flew North for the birds when they're actually in the South?

Anyway yeah, I think we at least deserve an explanation. Maybe a last reference in an episode where we get a hint at something that could've happened to her, considering that apparently Derpy's been dropped.

Well if they are going to get rid of Derpy, they better make a very,very,VERY good reason to the loyal fans of the show, especially the strong fans who love the grey mare Pegasus.

you see there is a pony that everyone always mistakes for Derpy but isn't her. I can't quite recall her fandom name but hopefully one of you could tell me (please  :( )   :P

Do you mean 'Cloud Kicker'?

SuperHappyBackgroundPony_S02E22.png

DERP!

Yeah, it is a little weird that Derpy hasn't really shown up properly in this season. I have been noticing that they have been playing around wit the other BG ponies though - Lyra in Magic Duel highly amused me :P

• Brohoof 1

Simple. Season three's episodes were written and created while season two was airing. After the Derpy incident, to be safe Derpy was removed from season three's episodes since they were in production. Since the situation has calmed down and the MLP team says they like Derpy they will probably start adding her back again in new episodes. But you must remember all of season 3's episodes are complete at this point. They have already been animated, voiced acted, and produced.

Right now they are working on season four. Hopefully Derpy will show up there.

• Brohoof 3

That would be Cloud kicker, yeah I had mistaken her for Derpy in the Babs Seed episode.  They already said that Derpy would appear  but they didn't say that it would be this season, they also said she wouldn't be speaking anymore.  So season 4 is probably the next time we'll be seeing Derpy

• Brohoof 1

Derpy isnt a morning pony, and when they started shooting the show earlier, she just plain overslept. she had some speaking roles in season 3, but was unable to get to the studio ontime, so they cut her parts out. we'll see her again in season 4 though, as her popularity and outrage by fans has driven the directors to purchase her a apocoplyse proof grade alarm clock that she cant break. she just has to remember to set it the night before.

• Brohoof 1

Although I am disappointed that Derpy hasn't made a legit appearance in season 3...

I am certain she isn't gone or changed, but when I  first saw this, I really thought this was a re-skinning of Derpy, but it turned out to be raindrops.

post-10391-0-49148300-1356719066.jpg

But Derpy is a gold mine, everything Derpy sells like hotcakes (Shirts, Figures, etc.), no way would Hasbro ditch that much profit... and Derpy is featured in the official comic book series (which I really want to check out, so awesome! :wub: ) Derp eyes and all...

post-10391-0-91518700-1356719080_thumb.jpg

and now that the situation with Derpy has calmed down a little bit, I think she will be added back into season 4. This may not be such a bad thing, I mean we got to see a ton of Lyra and Bon Bon, Colgate, and we got that new fiddler pony Fiddle Sticks I believe, in season 3... So Derpy being in season 4 will make it much more anticipated, at least for me... Because imo MLP almost seems incomplete without Derpy in the background...

I'm going to be honest.

As far as never appearing in the show again goes, the fandom just needs to let it go already. It'll suck a lot if it does happen but oh well, it's not like removing her is going to affecting the shows quality and anyone who says otherwise is overreacting. And Hasbro isn't going to forget about her or kill her either, as her appearances in the comics and several brony aimed merchandise shows

As i remember the only part that derpy appeared in season 3 was in the magic duel, derpy was in the crowd while twilight was doing her trick with the animals (there is a topic about it, so if you're interested just search it)

Yeah Cloud Kicker, that's her name. I also forgot that she has a purplish coat as opposed to a gray coat that I thought she had. It's good to hear that Derpy may be coming back to the show in the background. I just think that Cloud Kicker is Derpy made "perfect" in the eyes of those who control Celestia. 

Edited by Tyoeman