Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Not able to watch "Apple Family Reunion"

Sanic Screwdriver

So instead of watching MLP FIM on t.v I watch it on hubworld.com so people don't know I watch it. They uploaded ever season 3 episode the monday after it came on but not on friday they still haven't uploaded this episode. Any idea why? (Don't tell me to watch on youtube)

Go watch on You-

I'm somewhat confused as to why you don't want to watch it on Youtube. Are you not able to or something? Or do you just not like the site?

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 4

Go watch on You-

I'm somewhat confused as to why you don't want to watch it on Youtube. Are you not able to or something? Or do you just not like the site?

People on youtube really don't have permission to put it up there is the thing so I want to watch it from someone who is allowed to have it on the internet.

I don't use youtube either, and I can't watch it on TV. I found a great website that uploads a few hours after the show airs. It's mlp-fim.com. Use it every Saturday.

I just don't think they have permission to put it up there and I want to watch it from someone with permission to put it up on the internet.

• Brohoof 1

I don't use youtube either, and I can't watch it on TV. I found a great website that uploads a few hours after the show airs. It's mlp-fim.com. Use it every Saturday.

Well, that website uses YouTube to view the episodes anyways, so it's basically the same thing. What's so bad about watching it there anyways?

Well, that website uses YouTube to view the episodes anyways, so it's basically the same thing. What's so bad about watching it there anyways?

Like I've said I want to watch it from someone who has permission to upload it and I'm pretty sure no one on youtube has permission.

Like I've said I want to watch it from someone who has permission to upload it and I'm pretty sure no one on youtube has permission.

Hmmmmmm..So, the reason for not watching it on Youtube is a...moral thing apparently? Whatever floats your canister I suppose. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure they will upload it soon! If they don't, I suggest looking for another website (Google it!) that has permission to put it up there. 

No one's answered my question yet any idea why hubworld hasn't posted it? I'm curious as to why and I really hope they don't stop uploading episodes because I wouldn't be able to watch the show  :(

You would, though. Hasbro actually encourages people to put episodes on Youtube and other sites, as long as they give credit. I looked it up on several websites. 

Edited by Strawberry Tart
  • Brohoof 1

Some people do have it.

Most of the episodes are on youtube and the hub or hasbro hasn't taken them down because they think it's fine.

Your acting like the police will bust through your door and arrest you if you watch it on yt. :/

Edited by Double D
  • Brohoof 1

First, I need to say... Just watch it on Youtube. I know, you said not to say that. But seriously, if you care about it that much, just go buy it on iTunes.

And really, I just can't understand people like you who won't watch stuff on youtube, sorry. I worded that wrong. Like Double D said, you act like a SWAT team is gonna kick down your door and put you in jail because you watched a recording of a show on youtube. Also, like Double D said, Hasbro would have taken the episodes down if they weren't OK with them being there.

And as for the question, it could be because of the slip last week when Wonderbolts Academy was leaked on the Hub website a few days early. Maybe they're paranoid because of it.

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 2

I'm sure they will upload it soon! If they don't, I suggest looking for another website (Google it!) that has permission to put it up there. 

You would, though. Hasbro actually encourages people to put episodes on Youtube and other sites, as long as they give credit. I looked it up on several websites. 

Could you show me some examples of this? Just would like to see stuff for myself I'm not saying I think you're a liar I just want to be sure i guess lol

First, I need to say... Just watch it on Youtube. I know, you said not to say that. But seriously, if you care about it that much, just go buy it on iTunes.

And really, I just can't understand people like you who won't watch stuff on youtube, sorry.

And as for the question, it could be because of the slip last week when Wonderbolts Academy was leaked on the Hub website a few days early. Maybe they're paranoid because of it.

Thanks for answering my question but as for why I refuse to watch it on youtube like Kyoshi said it's like a moral thing I dont want to watch it from someone who dos not have permission to upload it.

Some people do have it.

Most of the episodes are on youtube and the hub or hasbro hasn't taken them down because they think it's fine.

But if it isn't idk.

Your acting like the police will bust through your door and arrest you if you watch it on yt. :/

I know there won't be any legal punishment for this but like Kyoshi said it's like a moral thing I don't want to watch it from someone who does not have permission to upload it.

Could you show me some examples of this? Just would like to see stuff for myself I'm not saying I think you're a liar I just want to be sure i guess lol

Thanks for answering my question but as for why I refuse to watch it on youtube like Kyoshi said it's like a moral thing I dont want to watch it from someone who dos not have permission to upload it.

I know there won't be any legal punishment for this but like Kyoshi said it's like a moral thing I don't want to watch it from someone who does not have permission to upload it.

It's not that big of a deal, it's not like your getting a gun from a dark alley or anything.

It's not hurting anyone. But if you don't want to watch it that's fine with me. :)

Edited by Double D

You know, I actually wasn't aware that Hasbro actually lets the episodes stay on websites like Youtube purposefully. Kinda makes me feel better about watching it considering I've tried to cut out any pirating of any kind (I used to emulate a lot of stuff) but if they are allowing it that makes things better. (I fully intend to buy the full seasons when they are released. I know season 1 is out right now but I wanna get 2 and 3 so I hope it happens.)

Totally. 

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/-xc1WMua3Sk This is one, where while not openly discussed, it's mentioned that Hasbro encourages it. There aren't many websites that discuss it, but if you do find any...just google where you can find episodes that are actually allowed. And hey, maybe they already posted the Apple Family Reunion on wherever you watch it. 

• Brohoof 1

umm it would be taken off youtube if the hub didnt allow it on youtube so in a scince anyone has permission to put it on youtube... idk if you have used youtube before  normal shows would be  taken off if the owners didnt want them there and are frequently but mlp doesnt seem to be like that its also proably one of the reasons why these fandoms big

Hope you get your answer soon.  I'm a little puzzled myself about this whole problem you're having; granted, I don't think it's right when people post things on YouTube that would be considered a company's property, and thus pirated material, but as other ponies have said, Hasbro has kind of encouraged YouTubers to post the episodes, so long as they give credit to Hasbro.  Granted, a number were taken down last season, but I think they were doing something wrong in the way they were posting episodes.  Point is, if Hasbro REALLY wanted to take this content down, they would (I mean, look at Disney or MGM, half the time they'll remove CLIPS of their movies that get posted!!!); as is, it's been excellent free advertisement for their show, along with all other brony content in general, and has proven to be a fantastic way to gain millions of unanticipated viewers, so I think they're reaping plenty of benefits from the YouTube posted episodes.  Hope this helps!  :)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 4

I can't find the source right now, but I remember EQD being in a big fuss and all happy because Hasbro had officially stated that any episodes 720p or less in quality were fine on Youtube. As long as they didn't interfere with the Itunes purchases.

Which in my mind they do because usually TV shows I watch once and only once, but y'know, whatever let's them keep HD MLP on YouTube is fine by me.

I just watch it in 1080p anyway because I'm a bad person.  :ph34r:  Arrrrrrr.

• Brohoof 2

Considering MLP is at it's very core essentially one big commercial for toys, Hasbro is very lax on whatthey allow to be posted on YouTube. Unless it's leaked content or Rule 34 content, it's probably got Hasbro's O.K. Especially because more views = more toy sales.

I just find it baffling that Hasbro think it's all fine (clever move there actually, FiM would never get where it is if they weren't fine with this), but you think it's, erm, morally corrupt to watch it nontheless? I'm saying morally, because legal part is not part of the question in this case. Do you then think it's morally wrong to use pony pictures as sigs / avatars or anything else? Or, why not?

Now, watching new episodes live on Hub is a good thing, gives rating, money from ads and all, but once that's over... Sorry, I'm just trying to follow you logic, because I'm not sure it actually is logic. Really don't take it as any provocation or anything, I'm just really interested there.

Edited by Jessper

So instead of watching MLP FIM on t.v I watch it on hubworld.com so people don't know I watch it. They uploaded ever season 3 episode the monday after it came on but not on friday they still haven't uploaded this episode. Any idea why? (Don't tell me to watch on youtube)

Do you have a skype? I can send you the file. I have every episode on my hard drive.

I download it from i tunes and then crack the Files or Use mactubes to download it from youtube

...I just found out that hubworld.com actually has the two-week-old episode up right now, commercial-free. I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised. But seeing it on the home site...

Then again, I use a DVR, and skip through commercials, and even when my eye catches on a commercial, it's probably not something I'd be into.

To answer the Thread Creator's question, I think "Apple Family Reunion" will be the singular full episode available next week.

But you probably know more about this than me.

Edited by GuillermoGage

Your not going to get in trouble for watching a cartoon on Youtube, I have a friend that Pirates stuff like you wouldn't believe, and the worst he's gotten is the internet company telling him "please don't do that again", and that was from him doing something really stupid and trying to download a major film the day it came out in theaters. 

Morally, it's no different from borrowing it at the library, or buying a used DVD. 

Edited by Shoboni