Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Not able to watch "Apple Family Reunion"

Sanic Screwdriver

Some people do have it.

Most of the episodes are on youtube and the hub or hasbro hasn't taken them down because they think it's fine.

Your acting like the police will bust through your door and arrest you if you watch it on yt. :/

OR they haven't found it since it's painful to chase videos every time =)

Anyway, watching them on YT is nothing you need to feel guilty about, you are not the uploader...

• Brohoof 1

OR they haven't found it since it's painful to chase videos every time =)

Anyway, watching them on YT is nothing you need to feel guilty about, you are not the uploader...

Nah, they know about people uploading them. They don't really mind. It was a good idea to let it pass by so more people can give the show a chance and watch it whenever they want to. :P

Nah, they know about people uploading them. They don't really mind. It was a good idea to let it pass by so more people can give the show a chance and watch it whenever they want to. :P

I think the only rule they had was not to post the Itunes rips(and that may have been part of Apple's doing,we all know how they are with money)

• Brohoof 1

Your not going to get in trouble for watching a cartoon on Youtube, I have a friend that Pirates stuff like you wouldn't believe, and the worst he's gotten is the internet company telling him "please don't do that again", and that was from him doing something really stupid and trying to download a major film the day it came out in theaters. 

Morally, it's no different from borrowing it at the library, or buying a used DVD. 

I just wanted to say, buying used DVDs is probably the worst thing you can ever do, including pirating. While you pay for it, nothing goes to the producers / developers, it doesn't count to increase ratings, you are basically just pumping money to the shop / seller, even larger amount than if you were to buy a new product.

Either way, Youtube isn't pirating in any sense of the word. Only wrong thing might be uploading leaked material before the release date, but that is still problem of the uploader, if it is in fact a problem.

I just wanted to say, buying used DVDs is probably the worst thing you can ever do, including pirating. While you pay for it, nothing goes to the producers / developers, it doesn't count to increase ratings, you are basically just pumping money to the shop / seller, even larger amount than if you were to buy a new product.

For me it's more important to get more for my money, I rather pat $3 for a DVD instead of $22, or $8 for a game instead of $60. I only buy stuff new when it's cheap, or on sale. I'm not rich. 

But I do agree on one thing, it silly to act like Pirating is any worse then buying something used.  

Edited by Shoboni

For me it's more important to get more for my money, I rather pat $3 for a DVD instead of $22, or $8 for a game instead of $60. I only buy stuff new when it's cheap, or on sale. I'm not rich. 

But I do agree on one thing, it silly to act like Pirating is any worse then buying something used.  

I understand very well, just saying that it's a bad example if we go about what's "moral", because with used discs you lose money, but the creators get exactly no money. So if you want to support the creator, you really want to buy a new product and if possible, directly from the company, because used ones might be even more wrong than pirating (morally, not legally), as the "middleman" makes money several times without ever sharing with the creators.

Edited by Jessper

I don't think it's a matter of what the OP will get in trouble for. I think the OP finds it morally wrong to watch videos uploaded without permission of the company who produced them. Just because he can doesn't mean he should or will. I have to say I respect that a lot.

It's not an easy thing to stick to what you believe is right when it's so easy to get what you want when you want it. Unfortunately morals are a very personal thing so it might be hard to explain to someone else why you feel differently about something than they do.

If more people thought about not doing something because it is wrong, rather than because of the punishment they might receive the world would be a much better place.

Personally I always watch mine on youtube. I do have a DVR set to record them but I'm out of town visiting my parents for an undetermined amount of time and my stepfather has a tendency to delete things I record so youtube is safer. To me I feel like I paid my cable bill, and I watch the Hub enough to see all their commercials so it's not really any different. But that's just my opinion.

OP, I hope you're able to find a place to watch it. I'm sure it'll be up on the Hub's site eventually if you're not able to find another acceptable site.

• Brohoof 2

My cable company does not carry The Hub. Every week I watch it on Youtube. Firefox had a great add on that let's you download Youtube videos. I always grab the MP4 stream and save it until the iTunes commercial free, un-watermarked, Hub pop-up free .MKV file version accidentally filters onto my hard drive through some arcane means I think we aren't supposed to talk about.

Either way, Youtube isn't pirating in any sense of the word. Only wrong thing might be uploading leaked material before the release date, but that is still problem of the uploader, if it is in fact a problem.

Sorry, but that statement is basically illogical to the point of not making any sense. If I buy something, I have every right to sell it at a later date. What's next? A ban on buying used cars because it may keep someone from buying a new one? I would much rather support my local economy than fill countless landfills with discarded DVDs that someone watched once and then tossed because someone claimed it was wrong to sell a disc you didn't like.

To be honest, I have a huge number of DVDs purchased used at a fraction of the cost of new. As long as the disc isn't scratched, they virtually ARE new, data wise.  I have several stores near me that I check regularly for used discs. I've bought whole anime series used for ten dollars and less. New would cost FAR more.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Could you show me some examples of this? Just would like to see stuff for myself I'm not saying I think you're a liar I just want to be sure i guess lol

Thanks for answering my question but as for why I refuse to watch it on youtube like Kyoshi said it's like a moral thing I dont want to watch it from someone who dos not have permission to upload it.

I know there won't be any legal punishment for this but like Kyoshi said it's like a moral thing I don't want to watch it from someone who does not have permission to upload it.

I understand that it's a moral thing, but i just want to point out that Hasbro see it as free advertising, just like fanfics and fanart and whatnot. They know it's out there, and they won't take it down because it's put up there by people, so they don't have to pay for advertisements on the biggest video-hosting website in the world. It's their morals that should be questioned really.  :lol:

On 12/28/2012 at 6:47 PM, pokesonicfan11 said:

People on youtube really don't have permission to put it up there is the thing so I want to watch it from someone who is allowed to have it on the internet.

I just don't think they have permission to put it up there and I want to watch it from someone with permission to put it up on the internet.

Not necessarily. Before, uploaded episodes were removed from YouTube for violating copyright, but Hasbro said it was okay for them to be uploaded online. So no, it actually isn't illegal and they DO have permission from Hasbro and The Hub.

Sorry, but that statement is basically illogical to the point of not making any sense. If I buy something, I have every right to sell it at a later date. What's next? A ban on buying used cars because it may keep someone from buying a new one? I would much rather support my local economy than fill countless landfills with discarded DVDs that someone watched once and then tossed because someone claimed it was wrong to sell a disc you didn't like.

To be honest, I have a huge number of DVDs purchased used at a fraction of the cost of new. As long as the disc isn't scratched, they virtually ARE new, data wise.  I have several stores near me that I check regularly for used discs. I've bought whole anime series used for ten dollars and less. New would cost FAR more.

It is absolutely logical and definitely makes sense if you stop and think about it for a second before typing up "I'm angry with you and you are stupid" response.

You have right to resell products you own, which is exactly why this is possible at the first place. How are data similar or different  from, for example a bike is very debatable and I reckon it will be debated for a while longer, then laws get altered to actually not consider them the same kind of product as a "bike". Speculation, but laws from pre-computer era can't last forever. This is the one point I agree on with especially software companies. Data does not equal finished physical product. "They'll be taking our used cars next!" is often used and really terrible argument when you think about it. Cars are prolly the worst comparisation out there.

You might have noticed this was about "morality" and supporting the creator of the data (audio / video in this case), in which case, buying used is just bad. Only thing you support is the personal pocket of someone, not the the creator in any way imaginable. And you lose money at the same time. You might just as well buy the product on sale / new and support the production / development or pirate it and save money, while not hurting the developer any more or less.

• Brohoof 1

It is absolutely logical and definitely makes sense if you stop and think about it for a second before typing up "I'm angry with you and you are stupid" response.

You have right to resell products you own, which is exactly why this is possible at the first place. How are data similar or different  from, for example a bike is very debatable and I reckon it will be debated for a while longer, then laws get altered to actually not consider them the same kind of product as a "bike". Speculation, but laws from pre-computer era can't last forever. This is the one point I agree on with especially software companies. Data does not equal finished physical product. "They'll be taking our used cars next!" is often used and really terrible argument when you think about it. Cars are prolly the worst comparisation out there.

You might have noticed this was about "morality" and supporting the creator of the data (audio / video in this case), in which case, buying used is just bad. Only thing you support is the personal pocket of someone, not the the creator in any way imaginable. And you lose money at the same time. You might just as well buy the product on sale / new and support the production / development or pirate it and save money, while not hurting the developer any more or less.

I didn't say I was angry with you, or that you were stupid. I said "Sorry, but that statement is basically illogical to the point of not making any sense.". Kindly don't put words in my mouth, or attribute them to my keyboard.

Personally, I see no legal or moral problems with buying used books, DVDs or CDs. Here's a question. If I buy a panting from a private owner, would you then have me be required to hunt down the artist and pay him again for something he already sold to the first owner? Likewise with books or discs. It's either chuck them in a landfill if you didn't like what you bought, or sell it to someone who may want it. It isn't up to the new purchaser or the middleman seller to pay the original producer a second time for the unit already sold. That would be unworkable. Imagine the uncountable tons of plastic going to landfills if people were prevented from buying used DVDs or CDs. Imagine all the thousands of thriving businesses that would go under within a day of such a ban being put into place. Your argument doesn't even take into account just how many DVDs and CDs I bought used, that are NO LONGER in print. It's either buy used, or go without. How do you even come to the conclusion that I would lose money, buy PAYING LESS for a used disc then I would for buying the same thing new at full price. Do you actually REALLY believe it's better to pirate it for free, as long as you DON'T support a legitimate business such as a used DVD/CD store? I find that truly an astounding opinion.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Like I've said I want to watch it from someone who has permission to upload it and I'm pretty sure no one on youtube has permission.

Hasbro stated that episodes are free to be posted online, as long as credit is given, etc. Also, you won't get in any kind of trouble for watching it online. 

Edited by ~Vallo~

Youtube has been blocked in my country for several months, but I discovered that Dailymotion has all the episodes. You just have to search the episode name rather than the season and episode number.

You won't get in trouble for watching it on YouTube. If you did, 60,000 people would be getting arrested each week. Besides, Hasbro already said that it's okay, so go enjoy the episode  :)

Like I mentioned in an earlier post. My cable company does not provide The Hub. If it wasn't for Youtube and the internet, I wouldn't see any of season three at all.

I didn't say I was angry with you, or that you were stupid. I said "Sorry, but that statement is basically illogical to the point of not making any sense.". Kindly don't put words in my mouth, or attribute them to my keyboard.

Personally, I see no legal or moral problems with buying used books, DVDs or CDs. Here's a question. If I buy a panting from a private owner, would you then have me be required to hunt down the artist and pay him again for something he already sold to the first owner? Likewise with books or discs. It's either chuck them in a landfill if you didn't like what you bought, or sell it to someone who may want it. It isn't up to the new purchaser or the middleman seller to pay the original producer a second time for the unit already sold. That would be unworkable. Imagine the uncountable tons of plastic going to landfills if people were prevented from buying used DVDs or CDs. Imagine all the thousands of thriving businesses that would go under within a day of such a ban being put into place. Your argument doesn't even take into account just how many DVDs and CDs I bought used, that are NO LONGER in print. It's either buy used, or go without. How do you even come to the conclusion that I would lose money, buy PAYING LESS for a used disc then I would for the same thing new at full price. Do you actually REALLY believe it's better to pirate it for free, as long as you DON'T support a legitimate business such as a used DVD/CD store? I find that truly an astounding opinion.

Well, apologies then, if I called you illogical and making no sense, I would definitely mean you are stupid and ignorant. Good thing I didn't.

Either way, I was presenting no argument, just stating few facts followed by my opinion about what is "morally" good with regards to pirating / buying used / buying new. Somewhat objective conclusion is that if you enjoy the stuff and want to support the creator, you always buy a new one, as it's the only way how to get anything trough to author. Also, art is much better comparisation than car, still not quite there tho.

And yeah, it is the hard reality. Buying used means you spend money to sponsor people who technically steal from the author, while with pirating you technically steal from the author, but spend no money. I'd say it's 50/50 from moral standpoint, from the practical standpoint you can either spend money or not and buck the author in both cases.

Hasbro said that "Posting episodes of the show are permitted, as long as credit is given in the description." So go find the episode on YouTube, and they'll most likely have Hasbro credited in the description. So don't worry, you aren't breaking the law or anything. It's perfectly safe and legal.

;)

Do you know where hey put this I would like to see for myself not saying you guys are liars I would just like to confirm this thanks :)

Well, apologies then, if I called you illogical and making no sense, I would definitely mean you are stupid and ignorant. Good thing I didn't.

Either way, I was presenting no argument, just stating few facts followed by my opinion about what is "morally" good with regards to pirating / buying used / buying new. Somewhat objective conclusion is that if you enjoy the stuff and want to support the creator, you always buy a new one, as it's the only way how to get anything trough to author. Also, art is much better comparisation than car, still not quite there tho.

And yeah, it is the hard reality. Buying used means you spend money to sponsor people who technically steal from the author, while with pirating you technically steal from the author, but spend no money. I'd say it's 50/50 from moral standpoint, from the practical standpoint you can either spend money or not and buck the author in both cases.

By your argument, every single free lending library in the United States would have to be shut down. My community's library has quite a large selection of DVDs and CDs. I can check out ten at a time of each, without spending a penny. As long as I return them on time, that is. If I have to pay a late fee, that money goes to support the library. it isn't sent to the author of the book, or the production company that manufactured the DVD. I usually check out about four movies a month, and numerous books. Over the years, the library has saved me THOUSANDS of dollars.

Do you know where hey put this I would like to see for myself not saying you guys are liars I would just like to confirm this thanks

I'm not sure where, but I think the staff of the show (they work with Hasbro) said that it was okay as long as credit was given and no profit was made by the person who posted it. I think this was said during a Q&A panel at TrotCon, so if the staff says that it's okay, I'm pretty sure it is.

Edited by Vallo

By your argument, every single free lending library in the United States would have to be shut down. My community's library has quite a large selection of DVDs and CDs. I can check out ten at a time of each, without spending a penny. As long as I return them on time, that is. If I have to pay a late fee, that money goes to support the library. it isn't sent to the author of the book, or the production company that manufactured the DVD. I usually check out about four movies a month, and numerous books. Over the years, the library has saved me THOUSANDS of dollars.

Honestly, I hoped I'll point you in right direction with hints, but... No, it's not like library at all. Libraries have very special license allowing them to borrow the material indefinitely or over certain time period. There is a reason why you can buy DVD for 19.99 where library will pay several times more for the very same DVD (shops renting movies pay even more, as they aren't in the education category). But if you buy DVD, and then send it back to the market, every time it changes owner it rips off the author and walks a very fine line with regards to laws.

Hasbro said that "Posting episodes of the show are permitted, as long as credit is given in the description." So go find the episode on YouTube, and they'll most likely have Hasbro credited in the description. So don't worry, you aren't breaking the law or anything. It's perfectly safe and legal.

;)

I know I've already done this but do you have any links to videos or hasbro/hub webpages (not fan) saying it is ok to do this? I'm not calling you a liar just trying to confirm ;)

I couldn't find one, but if you're really worried, you can wait until Season 3 is complete, and than go watch the episodes on Netflix. It's legal too. 

You'll find my previous post below

I'm not sure where, but I think the staff of the show (they work with Hasbro) said that it was okay as long as credit was given and no profit was made by the person who posted it. I think this was said during a Q&A panel at TrotCon, so if the staff says that it's okay, I'm pretty sure it is.

Why do you care if those people posted it without permission or not, The Hub is not selling the episodes and the people who post it on youtube have to tell people in the description who has rights to the show or else it gets taken off of youtube for copyright infringment.

.In a way they do had permission because the Hub WANTS it to be on Youtube. It got MLP more popularity so they let the episodes stay.l but I just read the other comments and I basically just deleted what they said.

(Sorry for misspells, Im on a phone)

-haha. I mean REPEATED

Edited by Pinkie
  • Brohoof 1