Pretty new to drawing ponies.

Bronyette

Okay, I haven't drawn ponies very often at all. Feel free to post any critiques or comments about my sketches. :3

http://s1.postimage.org/djrye8y7j/20121219_205908.jpg

Here's some other ones:

^OC

^Luna

^Fluttershy

Note: The Fluttershy painting is the oldest one. I have improved quite a bit since then. Plus it was difficult to do with watercolors. :3 
Edited by Bronyette
  • Brohoof 2

The picture of your OC needs to be rotated 90 degrees. :P  Pretty good, though. Fluttershy's pretty cute. They're all awesome, though.  :)

Oh horsefeathers, I thought I did rotate it. XD I'll try to re-upload it and switch it around. Hopefully it wont be too hard. Owo

Thank you, I probably wouldn't have noticed.                  

You definitely are skilled at drawing. Don't stop now because i'm sure you got talent for this. I liked the Luna one very much. It looked exactly like her. 

Thank you! ^w^ I'm hopefully going to start requests soon, as long as I dig out my tablet now that I have a use for it. And the Luna one is probably my favorite. :3

You're new to this? Could have fooled me.

Your OC pictures look awesome. In all the pictures the shading is awesome. Luna's wings look like they could be a bit bigger, ans a bit more arched. And Flutter's wings look a bit backwards. But wing styles are not something I generally comment on. :P Luna's back legs seem a bit narrow, and the front leg is a bit too far out. But that's all of the things I can criticize it seems. Also really like your eyes.

You blatantly have some good artistic talent. Hope to see more of your works soon. :)

• Brohoof 1

You're new to this? Could have fooled me.

Your OC pictures look awesome. In all the pictures the shading is awesome. Luna's wings look like they could be a bit bigger, ans a bit more arched. And Flutter's wings look a bit backwards. But wing styles are not something I generally comment on. :P Luna's back legs seem a bit narrow, and the front leg is a bit too far out. But that's all of the things I can criticize it seems. Also really like your eyes.

You blatantly have some good artistic talent. Hope to see more of your works soon. :)

Thank you with the criticism, I need all I can get! ^w^ And I'll work on wings and legs the next time I draw. It seems I can never get them right so extra practice is in order. :3 

• Brohoof 1

Thank you with the criticism, I need all I can get! ^w^ And I'll work on wings and legs the next time I draw. It seems I can never get them right so extra practice is in order. :3 

I /always/ used to have trouble with the wings. But this is quite useful if you are looking for show accuracy. http://icantunloveyou.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Pony-Wing-References-273513253

As far as legs go, definitely practice. I have memorize how to do most of the generic leg bends. Or at least the ones I use often.

I /always/ used to have trouble with the wings. But this is quite useful if you are looking for show accuracy. http://icantunloveyou.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Pony-Wing-References-273513253

As far as legs go, definitely practice. I have memorize how to do most of the generic leg bends. Or at least the ones I use often.

The link will help a whole lot. :3 And I do have a lot of trouble with how their legs bend. I can never tell quite where their joints are and which way they go. XD Thanks again~  

Any more critiques? :3 I would really really like to know if there's anything I could improve on, every critique is welcome! n-n

• Brohoof 1