Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vinyl Scratch in Socks

~Master~ Button Mash

Decided to jump the "ponies in socks with suggestive looks in their eyes" bandwagon with my latest vector. Took about 3 hours, I think it came out pretty nicely. ;)

post-10346-0-87952300-1357803773_thumb.png

"Stupid sexy Vinyl!" :wub:

As always, critique to your heart's content. :)

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 21

Oh Vinyl. How much I hate love you.

Looks quite good! The legs might be a bit too bulgy, and the horn is a bit small. But I don't see anything major. Very good work!

(edited)

Thanks for the input, everypony! I'm glad you guys like her. To be honest, I was a bit nervous to put something so pin-up-ish on here, at first. Relieved the feedback has been so positive, though. ^_^

And the horn and legs are now fixed. :) Plus I went back and tweaked her eye and right arm (her right, our left), a bit.

One thing I'm also noticing as I use Inkscape more is that I'm relying less and less on the simplify tool, which I'm happy about. I'll still use it every now and then, like if I'm having trouble getting paths to "flow" the right way, I'll let the computer take a crack at it. I did that a little with Vinyl's jawline. However, I notice that when I go back and delete nodes on my own, I can make even simpler and smoother paths than the tool. Edited by StratoPegasus

Vinyl...why are you looking at me like that? Vinyl?!

Hehe, anyways this is great, the classic socks and bedroom eyes, can't beat that I guess eh! You've done a wonderful job! :)

(edited)

Thanks, Apocalyptic Chaos. Thanks again, everypony. :)

Oh, and I revised Vinyl even further. I smoothed out her right leg a bit more (her right, our left) and cleaned up the sock striping. Plus I added the little two-tone, square gleam to the colored part of her eye. Plus I further cleaned up the smaller circular gleam in her left eye. And I cleaned up her hair a bit. Is it even better? I didn't make any steps back, did I? :P

Sorry if it seems like I'm bumping this a lot. I just want to make this as refined as possible, because eventually I want to add a background, make it either a picture or wallpaper, and submit it to EqD (it would be my first submission, so I want to make sure it's as close to perfect as possible).

Edited by StratoPegasus

(edited)

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, sexy lady pony.

*ahem*

All is good. Except maybe the legs. It's not the socks, but really the legs. They look like separated chromosomes...

Yeah, that was the hardest part. I had to basically go it alone (which is good in a way, I've been trying to ween myself off of references and move toward original poses) because there's not many examples of ponies directly from the front, especially on their hind legs. I did my best, and I'll probably work on improving them even more. The striping was a god-send because it is an easy cover up of the gaskin-hock region where the leg narrows a bit.

EDIT: Went back and overhauled her legs. Better? :)

img-1069605-1-924463.jpg

I'm not quite sure why ponies in socks adds "Socks" appeal... I mean the drawing looks good, don't get me wrong!  Anyways cool drawing, diggin' the socks.

Cuz it's adorable. ^_^

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 1