Shrine of the Sun Goddess

Mister Jack

The ponies being nervous around Celestia is understandable. She is their sovereign ruler after all. Imagine the Royal Family visiting you, or the President of the United States having dinner with you. It'd be nerve-wracking, and you'd want to make the best presentation possible, have it perfect if possible. I personally think that as far as depth goes Celestia is lacking. While Luna is easily depicted as a misfit in modern society and very commanding of respect, Celestia is seen in no more light than kind-hearted ruler. Heck, even Luna's backstory adds more depth to her character.

An episode for Celestia would be wonderful, and could shed a little light on her character.

(edited)

This is how I consider what happened over 1000 years ago, and yes there is a reason it is told like a creation story of a sorts, and I am planning on making this view of what happened a fanfiction. The only part that I have 'made ...

Really nice, though from what we heard, there were (unicorn)kings before the arrival of the sisters, which I don't think would have existed, if there would have been a higher being with the same title.

I always imagined the Sisters were called to Equestria, or even created, by the pleas of those suffering under Discord's rule. Being the the garants for regular night and day makes them pretty much his opposite: Their order against his Kaos (since we're doing Prattchet ;))

I 've always liked the idea of Discord tainting Luna during their battle, though I don't think heplanned a 1000 years ahead (he's not really the plannig kind).

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

Really nice, though from what we heard, there were (unicorn)kings before the arrival of the sisters, which I don't think would have existed, if there would have been a higher being with the same title.

I always imagined the Sisters were called to Equestria, or even created, by the pleas of those suffering under Discord's rule. Being the the garants for regular night and day makes them pretty much his opposite: Their order against his Kaos (since we're doing Prattchet ;))

I 've always liked the idea of Discord tainting Luna during their battle, though I don't think heplanned a 1000 years ahead (he's not really the plannig kind).

I would argue he IS the planning kind. After all, he did have a plan to trick the Mane Six into basically falling into his trap after he captured the Elements of Harmony. It wouldn't surprise me if he planted Nightmare Moon in Luna's head more subtly than he did the Mane Six and just let Luna's own faults do the rest.

I would argue he IS the planning kind. After all, he did have a plan to trick the Mane Six into basically falling into his trap after he captured the Elements of Harmony. It wouldn't surprise me if he planted Nightmare Moon in Luna's head more subtly than he did the Mane Six and just let Luna's own faults do the rest.

Oh, he is cunning no doubt about it, but as the incarnation of Chaos, I doubt he plans too far ahead: Driving a wedge between Mane 6 is the obvious way to go, but then he deposits the Elements, where they are likely to be found and doesn't take them away from the Girls once they have found them. That doesn't really scream thoughtful planning to me...

If the president showed up at my door I would be busy kissing flank and insuring his night was perfect. Nervous only begins to describe the affect such an important person has. I would end up likely recommending my own plans for this country to our president but I would do so humbly. I would be there to serve the one to whom I am obliged no more service than the respect of the social contract.

(edited)

If the president showed up at my door I would be busy kissing flank and insuring his night was perfect. Nervous only begins to describe the affect such an important person has. I would end up likely recommending my own plans for this country to our president but I would do so humbly. I would be there to serve the one to whom I am obliged no more service than the respect of the social contract.

If the President showed up at MY door, unannounced and uninvited, I'd (politely) slam it in his face! If only, I'd probably treat him to some snacks or something and then wish him a nice day. No nervousness on my part. JESUS shows up at my door and it's a whole other story! That's sort of how the ponies must see Celestia. She brings the sun that provides light, warmth, and life and is older than most can fathom. It's a little how I would imagine being with The Doctor. (Yes the comparison of both Celestia and The Doctor to Jesus was quite intentional.) Edited by Steel Accord

How could anypony forget the fairest ruler of them all??

By the way, I loathe Tyrant Celestia and Mollestia and Trollestia references. Loathe.

• Brohoof 1

How could anypony forget the fairest ruler of them all??

By the way, I loathe Tyrant Celestia and Mollestia and Trollestia references. Loathe.

As do I.

Posted Image

Jokes or no, they are just in bad taste to somepony so loving!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My dearest Twilight

Every morning I wake up to raise the sun for all my subjects.

I visit my people and try to lighten the mood.

But it is as if they could only see me as their ruler.

Every evening I switch with my dear sister Luna. For this, I am most grateful.

But we are hardly ever awake at the same time.

Sometimes I worry even you fear me.

-Princess Celestia

I found these words on a picture

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

My dearest Twilight

Every morning I wake up to raise the sun for all my subjects.

I visit my people and try to lighten the mood.

But it is as if they could only see me as their ruler.

Every evening I switch with my dear sister Luna. For this, I am most grateful.

But we are hardly ever awake at the same time.

Sometimes I worry even you fear me.

-Princess Celestia

I found these words on a picture

I saw that comic and it made my heart break. I wrote an in-character response (notably my first) from Twilight telling it wasn't fear, just an anxiousness to be worthy of all the Princess has given her.

I saw that comic and it made my heart break. I wrote an in-character response (notably my first) from Twilight telling it wasn't fear, just an anxiousness to be worthy of all the Princess has given her.

Yes it was a wonderful comic and I am glad you were one of the ones to write a response.

Here are some other comics I like

post-4986-0-92628000-1339535176_thumb.jpg

post-4986-0-12438600-1339535179_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...

:( . . . . Every night? (The other one I've read. :( )

In this comic yes every night, or at least many nights

The burden of immortality and the mistakes we have made can weigh greatly upon the normal mind. And Celestia's mind is most certainly normal.

I agree completely with what you are saying :)

Yet it isn't exactly quite true the wording, especually since she is over 2000 years old. Celestia is wiser and more knowledgeable then any other pony in Equestria, even if her mind is 'normal'

• Brohoof 1

Praise the Sun

now thats out the way yeah she is underapreciated and she isnt a tyrant either she could have been uptight and sent her sister back to the moon but she didnt, she could have scolded fluttershy for stealing Fillameana but she didnt.

(edited)

You guys are gonna make me cry for Celestia.... :(

Honestly, she doesn't look sad at all when she trolls around in the episodes! (No, that doesn't make her Trollestia, she's just trying to break up the stuffiness that always follows her.) I have trouble putting death and other morbid topics into the pony universe, so I try to avoid thinking about this sort of thing. Besides, she's really a fun character, though I think most of what we know of her is fanon. Any episode surrounding her would likely have a lot of brony references. ;)

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

They really need to make an episode of Princess Celestia's past after the events of the founding of Equestria. Also it would've been nice if Celestia and Luna was participating in the "Sisterhooves Social" or something.

Edited by SnowPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I align with Luna for my own reasons. Darkness is my calling, and the night is my homeland. With the moon above my mind thrives. The calling to darkness is not one to be denied, so I serve my master Luna.

I love Celestia,

she's a great princess and I prefer her to Luna easily (: ~

although the thousand year banishment seems a little harsh o.o

Well imagine if you had awesome powers that you and your sister were trusted with... Then because of dark forces she could not handle, your sister turned into this evil overlord and tried to test your powers.

Well imagine if you had awesome powers that you and your sister were trusted with... Then because of dark forces she could not handle, your sister turned into this evil overlord and tried to test your powers.

Surely there could be a better alternative other than a one thousand year banishment o.o

it just seems very excessive ~

(edited)

Surely there could be a better alternative other than a one thousand year banishment o.o

it just seems very excessive ~

'Dear Sister, we are very jealous of your sun's attention, and wish to have our graceful moon in the sky more >:U'

'TO THE MOON!'

'Hello, Tia, it's Discord! I'm going to turn your world upside-down and turn Equestria into Discordland <D'

'Hmm, TO THE GARDEN!'

You're right. Celestia's punishments seem to be very unfitting and strange </3

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 2

Oh, I love Celestia!!! I really do, and I'll be the first to admit that I like making Trollestia (and sometimes Molestia) jokes on these forums more than the average pony!! It's just a really funny part of the fandom that I love to take advantage of as much as possible!!!!

Celestia is a wonderful ruler who is kind, benevolent, wise, and just! I will say, however, that there are some very good reasons that Celestia earned the Trollestia moniker, primarily (1) sending her sister to the moon for 1000 years while (2) sending her arch nemesis god of chaos to the garden after turning him to stone, and (3) the episode "A Bird in the Hoof". Why the whole episode? BECAUSE CELESTIA'S TROLLING IS ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE EPISODE!!! :angry: Let's go through the entire list, shall we; Celestia trolls the Cakes, that's just for starters, but, she brings her pet phoenix Philomena to Ponyville when she's at the end of her life cycle without explaining what Philomena is to any of the other ponies, including Fluttershy, who then when she proceeds to try to take care of Philomena, gets trolled by Philomena in turn, who just so happens to be as big of a troll as Celestia, culminating in Philomena faking her own death in front of Fluttershy, bringing her to tears, while Celestia just stands by and watches, and only after a minute or so of letting Fluttershy wallow in her misery does she tell Philomena to cut it out and finally explain to all of the ponies just what Philomena is!!!!!! THAT IS UNDENIABLY TROLLING OF THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!!!!!!! :angry: So, yeah, all the good things that I said about Celestia, I stand by them, and I love her for them!! :wub: But her sense of humor... :unsure: well, let's just say Celestia is a bit too fond of schadenfreude and being responsible for it as well!!! :lol:

In conclusion, HAIL CELESTIA EVERYPONY!!! EQUESTRIA'S ROYAL TROLLNESS!!!! ^_^

Posted Image