Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New look on Discord?

noplsno

I like Discord and I personally think hes a pretty cool character but I don't really understand all the fuss about him.

The 2 shows featuring discord didn't really go into meaning about discords personal life and I don't think the show really developed his character, nothing in the 2 episodes really specifically stated his importance in the show and what kind of character he really was . in my opinion, I really don't find discord to be a "great" character in MLP, I feel more about him being a background character than anything.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I just don't understand why theres a whole fan-base dedicated to discord, don't get me wrong though, Hes not a bad character, I just didn't feel like there was much character development with him.

• Brohoof 3

That could change with the new episode coming next week, but despite the fact that it dosen't go too much into why he is so intent on causing chaos he is truly a great villain. He came the closest to any of the other villains to defeating the Mane 6 and he was only toying with them the whole time, and not only is he fairly evil and sadistic but he also has a trollish black humor side to him. To me he is kind of like a more sadistic version of Mixylsptlk who is one of Superman's enemies and also has a few things in common with the Joker I think mainly because I have the feeling that his motives probably make sense to him and only him.

I can say I somewhat agree on that. My standpoint currently is that I like him only because of the fact that he immediately reminded me of Sheogorath, the Prince of Madness, and sounded somewhat like him, but other than that I need to agree, that he certainly isn't a character which is worth all of the fuss. He has had no development in his two episodes, and his character isn't all that original, because like I said, he closely resembles Sheogorath. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's nothing new.

That's my take on him. He is my favorite villain, but he's not really a character worth all of the fuss, in my book. Maybe people like him because they've never experienced a character like him before, but whatever floats their boat I'm A okay with.

• Brohoof 2

I have to admit that to me, Discord is best villain. He didn't play by the rules, even the ones he laid down; he cheated whenever necessary (ie, when he couldn't defeat Fluttershy, he cheated and spelled her anyway!) and he's basically a funny character. I also like the fact that he's Q. XD

• Brohoof 1

He didn't have character development because he didn't need it, in Return of Harmony. He's a charismatic villain who's focus is personality, not back story. As a villain who isn't going to be recurring in every few episodes like how some series function, they don't have time to throw backstories around. He's the spirit of chaos who ruled Equestria in chaos before Celestia and Luna stopped him, and that's all that's needed. He could benefit (or not) from some more background depending on what it is and how's it portrayed in the future, but he's a terrific character, easily the best villain and is fully worthy of the fanbase he has, just fine.

• Brohoof 6

He didn't have character development because he didn't need it, in Return of Harmony. He's a charismatic villain who's focus is personality, not back story. As a villain who isn't going to be recurring in every few episodes like how some series function, they don't have time to throw backstories around. He's the spirit of chaos who ruled Equestria in chaos before Celestia and Luna stopped him, and that's all that's needed. He could benefit (or not) from some more background depending on what it is and how's it portrayed in the future, but he's a terrific character, easily the best villain and is fully worthy of the fanbase he has, just fine.

I agree 100% on this analogy on Discord.

also: my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_2x02_

Chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN!   :lol:

If eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, then sign me up as mayor of Chaos-Land!

Edited by SmileForever^.^

he's Q. XD

That's all that is needed to answer this question  ^_^

Actually this was the first episode I watched, and the entire time I kept going, "Why is this guy sooo familiar???" When I found out I became a fan of this show  ;)

Discord is a great villain, most villains that I heard from some comics most of them didn't have a backstory. He really has a very good personality it doesn't really matter if you don't have a backstory as long as your character is already developed.

This chord isn't that great of a villain. At first I thought it might be, and so did Hasbro. But they didn't end up going through with making him a recurring character.

KCaGV.jpg

His back story was going to be shocking, but it was a little bit of a heavy topic for MLP.

I agree with CD that Discord did not need a lot of character development. Not in his first appearance at least. He was there to cause trouble and succeeded brilliantly. One thing I didn't get was how many people liked him. I didn't like him at all. I thought he was a obnoxious loon who couldn't get turned back into stone fast enough. ^_^  This next episode is going to be a hard sell for me as far as redeeming his character, if in fact that's what they're trying to do.

His back story was going to be shocking, but it was a little bit of a heavy topic for MLP.

Wait, when was this said, and who said it? Does it relate to the next episode, or is it just one of those things that never made it into the finished product? Do we even know what kind of "heavy topic" it is?

KCaGV.jpg

Watt are you doing? I currently cannot believe you made a post this re-volt-ing.

I wouldn't underestimate Discord's ability to spread unhappiness throughout Equestria. He nonetheless still managed to turn the Mane Six's personalities inside-out and turned them into complete asshats; i.e, that's the easiest way to start drama among friends and the writers took advantage of it. He's not just a troll - he's not out to get gratification, only to start trouble as he lacks any sort of empathy for others.

To keep it short, if the reformation ends up being successful, there will be mixed reactions to it considering that his background was not explored in detail. Will we see flashbacks of when he ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unrest? Perhaps, but if we do, the reception towards it will fare better if they do end up pulling such a move. For now though, he's just revered as the biggest troll in the universe, a role which he played perfectly in the season two premiere. You can twist and warp it however you please and not many will mind the change.

Wait, when was this said, and who said it? Does it relate to the next episode, or is it just one of those things that never made it into the finished product? Do we even know what kind of "heavy topic" it is?

It is quite heavy. So heavy that some bronies might never look at the show the same way again. It is extremely heavy and some bronies might not be able to handle it. The story will forever be changed.

Spoiler-It's an anvil. Quite heavy indeed.

gMzxq.jpg